Amid the MRT network expansion, how connected is Singapore?

The Big Read in short: Amid the MRT network expansion, how connected is Singapore? 

For one thing, there are pockets of housing estates in Singapore, including in central areas, that will not have direct access to MRT lines. What do the residents say? 

https://tdy.sg/4bmEOfk 

@todayonlinesg

I knew Balestier would be featured.

I have been wondering for years why Balestier/Whampoa area has no MRT station/s. Maybe no space below the ground for MRT?

(29-06-2024, 05:40 PM)Levin Wrote:  I knew Balestier would be featured.

I have been wondering for years why Balestier/Whampoa area has no MRT station/s. Maybe no space below the ground for MRT?

Balestier is just a long road that starts from Thomson Medical side and ends around Indian Association side. Does not make sense to build one station there with Novena station and Little India, Boon Keng and Farrer Park stations not that far away. 

Whampoa is too small to make building a station feasible.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Singapore is already so well connected that you actually don't need a car.

Foreigners who come here to work know their way around within a week.

Tourists who are adventurous can get to anywhere in Singapore without getting lost.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Singapore is small with heavy density and thus easier to connect. However, the lapses is that the two old lines has more interesting stations ie malls and hawker centres.

Balestier is 10mins walking distance to Novena MRT. Not exactly inaccessible compared to many other places.