$5 MSW durian review - Marine Parade Durian Wars

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Can someone post exactly where’s the place
Which part of Marine Parade
Like near which block?

(24-06-2022, 08:56 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Can someone post exactly where’s the place
Which part of Marine Parade
Like near which block?

The hawker center next to parkway parade 

[Image: NoJ3wzC.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(24-06-2022, 09:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The hawker center next to parkway parade 

[Image: NoJ3wzC.jpg]

Thanks!
Will be there tomorrow 11 am!

So, Louis Durian is here!
Someone posted two weeks ago that Louis was in Owen Road
Went there, and it was closed!!

These few days don’t need to go far for good durians.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

No vacuum pack very hard to bring back

Zip lock
Tupperware
Coffee powder but still can smell a bit.

(24-06-2022, 10:29 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  No vacuum pack very hard to bring back

I just put in duffle bag. Zip up the bag...take onto bus.
No issue.

Why? Because people wear mask ...when they breathe through mask its harder to smell.

Cheaper where ?

i hear long queue

(25-06-2022, 02:35 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I just put in duffle bag. Zip up the bag...take onto bus.
No issue.

Why? Because people wear mask ...when they breathe through mask its harder to smell.
Scoop out n put into Tupperware 
Spiky husk Wont poke u

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

So owen road there no more durian stalls. 99oldtree move to outram and Louis move to pparade sibei jiatlat owen ulu place liao la..

In some places nobody buying. Some MSW is less than $8 each.

Last year msw durians v expensive n now no value

☝️

Its just those Grade C durian

(25-06-2022, 11:29 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Its just those Grade C durian

My flat downstairs got $12 per KG MSW

My mom ask me to buy but I am.not fan of MSW.

Maybe later I buy one for her.

(25-06-2022, 12:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My flat downstairs got $12 per KG MSW

Not your budget type of durians

☝️

(25-06-2022, 12:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My flat downstairs got $12 per KG MSW

At $12, it costs about $17 to $20 each.

sgbuffet how was your outing to buy $2 durians from Tampines Giant?

To me it is just a gimmick. The sellers are likely pushing their $18 to $24 per kg type of durians and making the $2 durians look very unworthy.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-06-2022, 07:00 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  sgbuffet how was your outing to buy $2 durians from Tampines Giant?

To me it is just a gimmick.  The sellers are likely pushing their $18 to $24 per kg type of durians and making the $2 durians look very unworthy.

$2 is like penny stocks... shit stocks to churn volume.

Better to go for semi blue and true blue chip durians .

(24-06-2022, 10:29 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  No vacuum pack very hard to bring back

Just bring a few air tight plastic bags and boxes. Take out the meat put in box then put in bag and tight with rubber bands. Gaotim.

(25-06-2022, 07:22 PM)RichDad Wrote:  $2 is like penny stocks... shit stocks to churn volume.

Better to go for semi blue and true blue chip durians .

As for me, I don’t have very atas taste. Kampong durians, D13, Red Prawn or MSW equally fine with me Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

why take out from husk?…buy durian always keep it inside…go home then open fully is best..ask them put in those thick paper bag not plastic

Actually there is a reason why not to put into those styrofoam boxes. The knife the durian seller uses to open and cut so many fruits, may be contaminated with bacteria after all the heavy usage. And he also uses the same knife to shift all the durian meat into the boxes.

(26-06-2022, 07:29 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Actually there is a reason why not to put into those styrofoam boxes.  The knife the durian seller uses to open and cut so many fruits, may be contaminated with bacteria after all the heavy usage.  And he also uses the same knife to shift all the durian meat into the boxes.

Haha. Maybe he borrowed the knife from his butcher friend?

(26-06-2022, 07:57 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Haha. Maybe he borrowed the knife from his butcher friend?

Possibly Big Grin

Other area no fight ?

Always bring a small knive along

Yesterday, the stall owner opened the durians. The lady tastes a bit of the durian. She says a bit dry, change another one. This Malaysian sound owner or assistant opens another one for her and she tries again. Will these durians be packed into boxes later?