Teens charged in arson murder of 5 Senegalese immigrants targeted wrong Denver home

November 13, 2021
10:40 AM +08
Last Updated a day ago

By Keith Coffman

DENVER, Nov 12 (Reuters) - Five Senegalese immigrants killed in a 2020 arson house fire were targeted by one of the teenagers charged in the case because he mistakenly thought someone at the Denver home had stolen his mobile phone, court testimony showed on Friday.

The disclosures came during a preliminary hearing for Kevin Bui and Gavin Seymour, who have been charged with first-degree murder, arson, assault and related offenses stemming from the August 2020 blaze.

A third suspect, who was 15 when arrested, is charged in juvenile court.

The fire erupted in the early morning hours, killing 29-year-old Djibril Diol, his wife Adja Diol, 23, and the couple’s 2-year-old daughter, Khadija.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/teens-c...021-11-13/

Country is like full of deranged people. If some stole your phone a d you track it to a house, wouldn't you contact the police to retrieve the stolen items?

It is crazy to go and burn down somebody's home and kill their family over a stolen phone.

[Image: Bui6mep.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.