American strategists quietly rejoice Xi continued rule of China

That is the conventional wisdom. But maybe Washington should be grateful Xi is sticking around. China’s leader definitely intends to roll back American global influence, but he may not be doing a good job of preparing his own country to attain that goal. The actual results of his policies suggest that he is weakening, not strengthening, China as a competitor to the United States. The longer Xi remains at China’s helm, the less competitive the country may become.

Lost amid the hype about China’s ascent is just how poorly the country has performed under Xi’s stewardship in nearly every aspect of policy. The economy has slowed dramatically. The leadership has given up on meeting its once-sacrosanct growth target. Xi’s aggressive foreign policy has alienated most of the world’s major powers and terrified China’s neighbors in Asia. Many of Xi’s high-profile government initiatives are marred by waste and mismanagement. China’s rise, which Xi has called inevitable, is less, not more, certain because of his rule.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internationa...es/671544/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Keep dreaming then

Whether Xi in power or someone else, this is China century

Nothing is going to change that or derail it

So, keep dreaming

The MIGHTY DRAGON has already woken

We are descendants of the MIGHTY DRAGON

It's in our DNA

That, too will never change

Can never change
[+] 4 users Like Sentinel's post

(20-10-2022, 05:03 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Keep dreaming then

So, keep dreaming

It's in our DNA

Can never change

Just bring back Mao era of ideological rule....go for 2 decades see how...

Anyway China not solved housing crisis  ...maybe its a small problems but has been watching how they deal with it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-10-2022, 05:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just bring back Mao era of ideological rule....go for 2 decades see how...

Anyway China not solved housing crisis  ...maybe its a small problems but has been watching how they deal with it.

Ideology is necessary and every country has one, including Sinkiepoor

Mao ideology admitted is never going to be successful in any long term, as is proven and dropped in favor of capitalism

However, in the age of continued aggression from foreign powers, coupled with the tail end of the disastrous Manchurian rule
plus the factional in-fighting and the dawn of two great ideiologies at play then which is Communism and Democracy, and two
powerful groups in China having a civil war, and fighting the Japanese bastards and the allied forces, it is like the sky turning red

Now, the reference to Mao is to provide for the continuation of the communism that modern China was built upon

It has baggage but is not unlike USA, with its aboriginal forced uproot and killings and its slavery, it too did not have such a glorious
history as it tries to claim to the world

In fact, USA history is filled with lies and false flags and aggression

So, no point using history as a study of China's or USA's possible future

This is a new dawn and this is China century

To ignore it and trying to scheme against it is plain stupid and definitely futile
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

(20-10-2022, 05:37 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Ideology is necessary and every country has one, including Sinkiepoor

Mao ideology admitted is never going to be successful in any long term, as is proven and dropped in favor of capitalism

However, in the age of continued aggression from foreign powers, coupled with the tail end of the disastrous Manchurian rule
plus the factional in-fighting and the dawn of two great ideiologies at play then which is Communism and Democracy, and two
powerful groups in China having a civil war, and fighting the Japanese bastards and the allied forces, it is like the sky turning red

Now, the reference to Mao is to provide for the continuation of the communism that modern China was built upon

It has baggages but is not unlike USA, with its aboriginal forced uproot and killings and its slavery, it too did not have such a glorious
hostory as it tries to claim to the world

In fact, USA history is filled with lies and false flags and aggression

So, no point using history as a study of China's or USA's possible future

This is a new dawn and this is China century

To ignore it and trying to scheme against it is plain stupid and definitely futile..

Well as a strategy US should be more uncompromising towards China. China can then be more ideological fall inwards spend more on security and defense. ...exactly like what happened to Soviet Union.

US knows it cannot stop China. Only China can stop China through its own missteps. 

Xi is a very useful leader in this context as he plays predictably into the trap.

(20-10-2022, 05:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Well as a strategy US should be more uncompromising towards China. China can then be more ideological fall inwards spend more on security and defense. ...exactly like what happened to Soviet Union.

US knows it cannot stop China. Only China can stop China through its own missteps. 

Xi is a very useful leader in this context as he plays predictably into the trap.

You actually think China really gives a sheet to what USA thinks? And plan its strategies according to USA's whims and fancies?
Maybe and more likely you're referring to Sinkiepoor

Dun be a clown.....please!
[+] 4 users Like Sentinel's post

ah butt really a talented genius. shd write to ST or NYT instead of a tiny sg forum
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

What does this clown, Michael Schuman knows about Mao's era? At most he probably got some distorted story from books published by the West. 
I think he should be more worried about his American Presidents like a senile Biden and a wannabe Trump who are fast destroying whatever little achievement, respect and reputation left in that country. ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 3 users Like Huliwang's post

So far Biden is the worst of all president.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

They worry so much about China?  Thinking
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

TS is a Chinakok LL LOL LOL LOL

(20-10-2022, 05:03 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Keep dreaming then

So, keep dreaming

It's in our DNA

Can never change

There are 李小龙 and 李显龙.

You?  Malalongyangan? 麻辣龙眼干?  Laughing

(20-10-2022, 08:57 AM)Oyk Wrote:  There are 李小龙 and 李显龙.

You?  Malalongyangan? 麻辣龙眼干?  Laughing

我是神龙

China lagi happy USA kept voting clowns to run the country to its grave.
[+] 3 users Like Notdumb's post
Cool 

Only interest to know if FED would lift off the pressure on the rate hike pedal. Look like not anytime soon. Sad

Aiyah, these angmo kui likes to poke fun and write lies about China lah.

Do this or do that, they will also write lies about China. They will write anything to sell their news. Their readers like to hear all these kind of stories about non Assmerica lah

Laughing

aiya only the useless ones make gains on other's mistakes, instead of own hardwork.

this ish another typical bad western influenza hor

Personally I find the prevailing mood in America even worse and more defeatist than it was during Donald Trump’s time. Trump was a belligerent hoodlum, but at least he tried to project that sense of American exceptionalism of not giving two hoots about how “lesser countries” think.

Some will argue this sense of arrogance puts off allies and is a manifestation of misplaced confidence in America’s capabilities, but at least it’s somewhat uplifting to certain quarters within and outside the country. Put simply, Trump at least gives off the impression / illusion that the US is in charge of world affairs.

Now with Biden around instead of projecting American strength and confidence to convince its allies that it can take on China / Russia, the entire American establishment has relegated itself to a state of banking its own success on the hope that its enemies will implode. There is no positive American story, just a concoction of emotional drama swinging from one end of the China threat to another extreme end of laughing at the upcoming China collapse.

Regardless of the validity of their prognosis, how would this narrative inspire anyone? When a customer heads into a car showroom, they expect the salesman to confidently tell them how the car can satisfy their needs and why it’s good value for money, not see the sales guy slouching on the bonnet whining how rival models sux, why other CEOs are a joke, accusing its competitor of bankrupting soon etc.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

[Image: 20221017-091036.jpg]

the whole world openly rejoices in buy dung's fetish toward young gals  Laughing

everyone happy..why ccp runners so angry again Thinking