An Open Letter to the President demanding a Committee of Inquiry

(18-05-2023, 04:17 PM)fuch_asia Wrote:  Dear Madam Halimah Yacob,

On 5 May 2023 I raised concerns in a series of social media posts on my blog about two properties managed by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA) which are being tenanted by two senior Cabinet Ministers Shanmugam and Balakrishnan.

On 13 May in response to my concerns, SLA issued a statement confirming that Senior Ministers Shanmugam and Balakrishnan are the tenants of the two compounds on Ridout Road which they inhabit for their own use. The statement is otherwise devoid of useful facts but SLA said that more details will be provided on this issue at the next parliamentary session in July.

SLA properties are state assets on land managed as part of our reserves for the nation. As such these SLA assets fall within your remit as President under your duty both to safeguard the reserves and also in the interests of fairness, to prevent them being used just to benefit a select group at the expense of all Singaporeans.

We are lectured frequently by Government Ministers on the need to ensure that the state receives the full market value for the land it owns. Otherwise, the Ministers say, it would constitute a drain on Past Reserves and be unfair to future generations of Singaporeans. As recently as March 2023, Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, was reported by The Straits Times as saying in Parliament that excluding “land costs in pricing HDB flats would not only erode Singapore’s reserves but also benefit only a select group of flat buyers at the expense of all Singaporeans.” In the light of Ms Rajah’s remarks, there are legitimate concerns that Mr Shanmugam and Mr Balakrishnan are not paying the full market value that could be realised for the properties and are enjoying a benefit from State assets only available to a select few and that this is therefore a drain on the reserves.

More at https://tinyurl.com/bdzb2f2k

well said. How hypocritical to accuse HDB buyers of robbing the reserves if they were to suggest in not paying current land cost valuation to SLA when two of the highest paid ministars are not paying the full market value and robbing the reserves / SLA
脸 . I think no matter how the lawyer wishes to twist and turn. Oppo may have got them by the ballz

(18-05-2023, 11:23 PM)Truebluesg Wrote:  well said. How hypocritical to accuse HDB buyers of robbing the reserves if they were to suggest in not paying current land cost valuation to SLA when two of the highest paid ministars are not paying the full market value and robbing the reserves / SLA
脸 . I think no matter how the lawyer wishes to twist and turn. Oppo may have got them by the ballz

actually I hope WP will ask since SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law and Sham who is the Current Minister for Law bid
does that " so call don't have conflict of interest ? "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

This time, pouring cold water over their heads..

Sham and balla cannot take it..

so many users never watch animal farm.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(19-05-2023, 07:58 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  so many users never watch animal farm.

What "animal farm" leh?  Thinking You mean Singapore Zoo ah?

anyone can write anything and request anything, but whether you can get it is another thing.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(19-05-2023, 08:49 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  anyone can write anything and request anything, but whether you can get it is another thing.

Agreed with you lah! Big Grin

(18-05-2023, 11:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually I hope WP will ask since SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law and Sham who is the Current Minister for Law bid
does that " so call don't have conflict of interest ? "

Yes . Should ask! If WP no balls to ask. LMW should ask! 
Why? certain ppl above the law ah?
no accountability ah?

(19-05-2023, 08:49 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  anyone can write anything and request anything, but whether you can get it is another thing.

Yeah lah. Just like previous president OTC asking about the reserves, he was given the run around answers. Angry

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

[Image: thumb-when-plunder-becomes-a-way-of-life...995761.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

(19-05-2023, 10:49 AM)surfer Wrote:  Yeah lah. Just like previous president OTC asking about the reserves, he was given the run around answers. Angry
Our Honourable OTC has done his part and he deserved praise. He is indelibly written in everyone heart.

(18-05-2023, 04:17 PM)fuch_asia Wrote:  Dear Madam Halimah Yacob,

On 5 May 2023 I raised concerns in a series of social media posts on my blog about two properties managed by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA) which are being tenanted by two senior Cabinet Ministers Shanmugam and Balakrishnan.

On 13 May in response to my concerns, SLA issued a statement confirming that Senior Ministers Shanmugam and Balakrishnan are the tenants of the two compounds on Ridout Road which they inhabit for their own use. The statement is otherwise devoid of useful facts but SLA said that more details will be provided on this issue at the next parliamentary session in July.

SLA properties are state assets on land managed as part of our reserves for the nation. As such these SLA assets fall within your remit as President under your duty both to safeguard the reserves and also in the interests of fairness, to prevent them being used just to benefit a select group at the expense of all Singaporeans.

We are lectured frequently by Government Ministers on the need to ensure that the state receives the full market value for the land it owns. Otherwise, the Ministers say, it would constitute a drain on Past Reserves and be unfair to future generations of Singaporeans. As recently as March 2023, Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, was reported by The Straits Times as saying in Parliament that excluding “land costs in pricing HDB flats would not only erode Singapore’s reserves but also benefit only a select group of flat buyers at the expense of all Singaporeans.” In the light of Ms Rajah’s remarks, there are legitimate concerns that Mr Shanmugam and Mr Balakrishnan are not paying the full market value that could be realised for the properties and are enjoying a benefit from State assets only available to a select few and that this is therefore a drain on the reserves.

More at https://tinyurl.com/bdzb2f2k

kaki lang won't investigate kaki lang one lah
[+] 1 user Likes Reddishday's post

Law by law. Already check clear. Raise your hand and repeat after me. I xxxx NRIC yyyyyy do solemnly swear ....

Those two minds are all screwed up

Criminal justice system

If you look at a systemic level, at the highest level, you talk about "the criminal justice system".

We have the police who investigate in accordance with the legal framework for police investigations. The Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) makes the charging decision based on (1) available evidence; and (2) public interest. The trial courts consider the sufficiency of the evidence and the legal issues. The appellate courts review the decision of the trial court..

This case shows that the criminal justice system as a whole works."

Home Affairs and Law Minister
K. Shanmugam

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, speaking to Singapore reporters in Davos, Switzerland, this morning, said: 'Whoever he is, whichever position he occupies, we will pursue the matter and settle it one way or another.'

'If he did wrong, he must be punished; if he did nothing wrong, he must be exonerated.'