Ang Mohs working in Singapore

My business is in the VC and technology sectors and one observation is that I see a large number of ang mohs, particularly Australians and New Zealanders taking the lion's share of regional sales positions in tech firms from start-ups to established listed entities.  

They are hired due to no other reason than one fugging Aussie recruiting another in their old boys' network and most of them have zero experience in selling and building businesses in Asia.

This has to stop in order to provide Singaporeans more job opportunities in the tech sector and I am working dilligently to ensure that is so for roles where I have a hand in influencing or providing a referral.

Any similar experiences from the Sgtalkers in their respective professions?
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

ceca also the same : 1 come the whole village ppl come.

(22-04-2023, 01:39 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  My business is in the VC and technology sectors and one observation is that I see a large number of ang mohs, particularly Australians and New Zealanders taking the lion's share of regional sales positions in tech firms from start-ups to established listed entities.  

They are hired due to no other reason than one fugging Aussie recruiting another in their old boys' network and most of them have zero experience in selling and building businesses in Asia.

This has to stop in order to provide Singaporeans more job opportunities in the tech sector and I am working dilligently to ensure that is so for roles where I have a hand in influencing or providing a referral.

Yes, I have seen many Aussies working at big technology companies in sales as well. The problem is they speak English better than Sporeans and they have connections with other Angmohs. However I realised they have problem talking to non Angmoh customers…remember when one of a customer from South Asia was invited to attend a drinking session at a bar at Marina Bay, the Aussie Sales head only talked to his Angmoh clients and never came over talk to this MD of a big bank. Even in Spore Aussies practise racial bias old game.

Many years ago, A N Z bank in Spore sacked many experienced Sporeans and recruited fresh graduates from Australia to replace them causing anger.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(22-04-2023, 11:34 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yes, I have seen many Aussies working at big technology companies in sales as well. The problem is they speak English better than Sporeans and they have connections with other Angmohs. However I realised they have problem talking to non Angmoh customers…remember when one of a customer from South Asia was invited to attend a drinking session at a bar at Marina Bay, the Aussie Sales head only talked to his Angmoh clients and never came over talk to this MD of a big bank. Even in Spore Aussies practise racial bias old game.

Many years ago, A N Z bank in Spore sacked many experienced Sporeans and recruited fresh graduates from Australia to replace them causing anger.

The kangaroo Aussies will only speak with their own kind and other ang mohs. They have a cultural bias and narrow mindset which stops them from having meaningful conversations and empathy with non ang mohs. Your example of the south Asian MD being ignored is replayed many times over all over Singapore. A successful sales track record demands longevity and meaningful relationships and all SEA clients look upon ang moh sales people as transient hence why the fug are these aussie scum needed here in the first place? The ANZ bank fiasco is why the bank failed in Singapore and eventually had to be sold to DBS. Recently, I had a hand in ensuring the promotion of a true blue Singaporean to the MD role of SEA and Hong Kong for a cyber security vendor elbowing out an Aussie foreign thrash who had zero merits and no experience whatsoever in selling in this region.
[+] 4 users Like aiptasia's post

We are taught Guan xi is not norm though reality ang moh also same same.

(22-04-2023, 12:02 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  We are taught Guan xi is not norm though reality ang moh also same same.

Guan Xi is the same everywhere.

It's also how sales and business is done.  SEA is an Asian market and Singaporeans are the best primed to lead sales and business in this region.  NOT frigging aussies or any sort of ang mohs!

(22-04-2023, 01:39 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  My business is in the VC and technology sectors and one observation is that I see a large number of ang mohs, particularly Australians and New Zealanders taking the lion's share of regional sales positions in tech firms from start-ups to established listed entities.  

U got complain when ceca did the same?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(22-04-2023, 11:34 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yes, I have seen many Aussies working at big technology companies in sales as well. The problem is they speak English better than Sporeans and they have connections with other Angmohs. However I realised they have problem talking to non Angmoh customers…remember when one of a customer from South Asia was invited to attend a drinking session at a bar at Marina Bay, the Aussie Sales head only talked to his Angmoh clients and never came over talk to this MD of a big bank. Even in Spore Aussies practise racial bias old game.

got so many jobs? maksa.

(22-04-2023, 12:55 PM)Blin Wrote:  got so many jobs? maksa.

At least 20k Aussies working here

Anyway, 9.5 out of 10 startups will die. Then those white traxhes will look for big IT shop as sales, then 7 out of 10 wont make it and end up as headhunter …. then again dun make it, they will move to Thailand and beg and bum around

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

must made extra tax on them la. help to reduce out cost.here. pap U.better wake up

(22-04-2023, 12:14 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  U got complain when ceca did the same?

Didn’t you read my anti ceca postings in sg talk?

(22-04-2023, 01:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  At least 20k Aussies working here

That’s 20K+ of jobs that should have gone to Sinkies as none of those jobs need any exotic skills like quantum computing. All those jobs are just sales, marketing, HR and project management roles. And the number is growing due to the weakening Aussie dollar. If you guys can fight this trend then by all means do so.

it is common in govt and private sector.
in govt, if the head of the centre is angmo, most of the staff will be angmo.
in private sector, it is everywhere.

the main problem is that the govt takes shortcut to import talent instead of training local talents.

one person like you cannot change much because foreign PMET manpower can come in 50K to 500K people per year.

PAP must change its policy to train local PMET manpower before importing foreign PMET manpower.

(22-04-2023, 01:53 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  must made extra tax on them la. help to reduce out cost.here. pap U.better wake up

The upcoming EP skills requirement is a start. There is no frigging need to recruit an Aussie for a sales or a marketing role to cater for the SEA market. Only Sinkies are qualified

I have witness similar AMTK-only entitlements hiring practices in today's SG private sectors.

Their "credibility" is as tainted as their forefather had done during slavery and colonial era.

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(22-04-2023, 02:32 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Didn’t you read my anti ceca postings in sg talk?
If you got post, good.. the anti Ceca force need to be stronger.. I not only anti ceca, even Aussie or kiwis, go back to their home countries

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(22-04-2023, 02:36 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it is common in govt and private sector.

the main problem is that the govt takes shortcut to import talent instead of training local talents.

one person like you cannot change much because foreign PMET manpower can come in 50K to 500K people per year.

PAP must change its policy to train local PMET manpower before importing foreign PMET manpower.

let me share on how PAP can improve on it.

years ago, a taiwanese engineer was shocked and asked me why so many foreign PMETs worked in Singapore.
in Taiwan, when there is a new foreign investment which needs skills not available locally, there will be a plan 
to train locals before the investment can be approved. They do not allow the company to mass import foreign PMETs.

In Singapore, PAP allows the company to mass import foreign PMETs when the skills are not available locally.
in one govt IT job program, there were 4000 local applicants applying for 700 vacancies.
in another govt IT job program, there were 800 local applicants applying for 22 vacancies.
It means there is no shortage of local applicants but shortage of training vacancies.

all these problems are created by PAP policy.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

the best solution is to have a new govt
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Come Ang mo vs CECA
You only can choose one

I rather choose ang mo obviously

angmo better than cake leng le.
cake leng not only no skills, they backstab u
[+] 1 user Likes TopSage's post

(22-04-2023, 02:36 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it is common in govt and private sector.

I don't see that in govt agencies as ang mohs avoid this sector and the Sgp govt has restrictions on foreigners being hired.  However, the practise is rampant in the finance, tech and logistic sectors.  

What I can do to remedy this is insignificant in the face of the waves of ang mohs and cecas occupying these plum positions but every little bit helps.  And I urge all right minded Sinkies to do the same particularly if they are in positions to determine who gets hired or referred. 

The PAP has done fug all when it comes to ensuring Sinkies are well positioned for the plum jobs and industries.  All thanks to Pinky and his open legs policy. But I do see a slight change when the new EP points based system is launched.  Enforcing it is another matter though.

(22-04-2023, 02:36 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  The upcoming EP skills requirement is a start. There is no frigging need to recruit an Aussie for a sales or a marketing role to cater for the SEA market. Only Sinkies are qualified

On the other hand, if a Sporean wants to apply for a senior sales job in Australia, he or she will be asked if he/she has local experience, no local experience even if you have 20-30 year sales experience in overseas, that will be disregarded.

(22-04-2023, 04:15 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  I don't see that in govt agencies as ang mohs avoid this sector and the Sgp govt has restrictions on foreigners being hired.  However, the practise is rampant in the finance, tech and logistic sectors.  

the research/design centres/labs in ministries/universities/hospitals/Astar agencies are 90% foreign PMETs.

(22-04-2023, 04:22 PM)forum456 Wrote:  the research/design centres/labs in ministries/universities/hospitals/Astar agencies are 90% foreign PMETs.

I know there are some PRs from India working at garment sector as managers.

(22-04-2023, 04:27 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  I know there are some PRs from India working at garment sector as managers.

recently, i met a few working in the hospitals.

(22-04-2023, 04:27 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  I know there are some PRs from India working at garment sector as managers.

(22-04-2023, 04:32 PM)forum456 Wrote:  recently, i met a few working in the hospitals.
The CECA can be found in every departments................in Singapore....... Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 04:22 PM)forum456 Wrote:  the research/design centres/labs in ministries/universities/hospitals/Astar agencies are 90% foreign PMETs.
Astar has a lot of foreigners and it's one of the few rare cases where I have no problem with as they are recruited based on scientific knowledge and experience of which Singapore has a lack of.

(22-04-2023, 04:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  On the other hand, if a Sporean wants to apply for a senior sales job in Australia, he or she will be asked if he/she has local experience, no local experience even if you have 20-30 year sales experience in overseas, that will be disregarded.

Rightly so.  All other nations do that EXCEPT Singapore.  The only exception are for service and knowledge based roles such as nurses and programmers.

(22-04-2023, 02:40 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If you got post, good.. the anti Ceca force need to be stronger.. I not only anti ceca, even Aussie  or kiwis, go back to their home countries

Do note that I am not anti foreigners en masse.  Only to those that replace Sinkies or deny Sinkies the opportunity to lead in strategic industries such as finance, technology and logistics.