Missing S'pore couple seen getting off bus at Shakadang trail

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Missing Australian lah....why call them SG ?no brainer people other country passport when good things they take while bad thing SG go kaypoh ?

[Image: 9vBJJlr.jpeg]

I have been there  before you walk this trail to the end there are people selling famous sausages. The guide tells you yo turn back from there.

But those travelling by themselves may not know and go beyond.

The trail mostly looks like this

[Image: Ho9IPQx.jpeg]

Reach the end you will see shops wher enough can buy sasages from the aboriginal tribes people.

[Image: 1VFnagm.jpeg]

After the stalls you can still go in further but there is not much to see so most will turn back and walk back.

The trail does not take long to complete.
The narrow paths carved out from the rock faces may become blocked during earth quake and you make not be able to go back.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why the guide told you to turn back ?

(08-04-2024, 05:38 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Why the guide told you to turn back ?
This trail the entry and exit is same place. Beyond the sausage place not much to see.. ..so turn and walk back.

(08-04-2024, 05:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

Are they still alive leh? Thinking

Most likely gone liao.

trail to heaven.

RIP

(08-04-2024, 05:55 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Are they still alive leh? Thinking
there are many possibilities.
one thing for sure is earth quake causes rocks to be dislodged and fall at the gorge 

these rocks can hit and injure you. they can also fall and block your passage. 

further into the trail there aboriginal people.

the trial takes only 10-20 min to reach the end.

right now it's not clear what happened to them but it could be they are just somewhere in the forest or park. the cellphone reception is quite bad in that area.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Turkish drones deployed to the national park area where hundreds are believed to be trapped

The search area is large will take sometime to cover

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...en-4248826

When Wang Ming-chuang left for work in a mining area in Hualien County early on Wednesday morning, he did not expect to witness someone being buried alive and find himself trapped there for more than 24 hours.

Large and small rocks fell from the sky, like a hail of bullets,” the 64-year-old Wang said, recalling his desperation after an earthquake, which measured 7.2 on the Richter scale and magnitude 7.4 on the moment magnitude scale, struck off Hualien County at 7:58am on Wednesday and triggered massive rockslides.

“All I could do was to keep running, and I narrowly managed to escape the falling rocks when I reached the edge of the cliff,” he said after being rescued by the National Airborne Service Corps on Thursday morning.

The official number of people trapped or stranded rose considerably - from about 100 to 660 - on Thursday as people started getting phone signal back in the mountainous regions.

Almost all are guests and staff of a remote hotel who cannot leave because of damaged roads. Officials are now trying to work out the best way to get them out.

Food supplies have been air-dropped to dozens trapped in these areas, local reports say.

"The mountain started raining rocks like bullets, we had nowhere to escape to, everyone ran beside the sandbags for cover," the survivor, identified by his surname Chu, told Taiwan's Central News Agency.

Three of the nine who died were hikers on a trail leading towards Taroko National Park, named after a landmark gorge, just outside Hualien.

In Hualien city, the capital of the county where the earthquake struck, relief efforts are proceeding quickly, with workers using excavators and other heavy equipment to demolish several damaged buildings.

On Thursday morning, the BBC also witnessed relief workers removing huge boulders - the size of cars - that had fallen close to railway lines so as to get normal train services running again.

They are also using large amounts of gravel and rocks to shore up a 10-storey structure known as the Uranus building, which has been leaning downwards since the quake struck - to prevent it from falling over in case of another aftershock.

Local reports said one female teacher had died in the building when she returned to rescue her cat.

Hundreds are trapped the Taroke Gorge area.

Rescuers drop food for these people

Hope the 2 Singaporeans are found soon.

(08-04-2024, 07:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  there are many possibilities.
one thing for sure is earth quake causes rocks to be dislodged and fall at the gorge 

these rocks can hit and injure you. they can also fall and block your passage. 

further into the trail there aboriginal people.

the trial takes only 10-20 min to reach the end.

right now it's not clear what happened to them but it could be they are just somewhere in the forest or park. the cellphone reception is quite bad in that area.

I had been to Taroko Gorge or "Terror Gorge" before so I know lah! Big Grin It's a very narrow trail from 1 end of the mountain to the other end lah! Anyone can go missing very easily lah!