Are you pure dialect group or mix dialect group.

Are you pure dialect group or mix dialect group. I am mix dialects group 50% Hakka 50% Sze Yup. My 公公婆婆 is Sze Yup from China, Guangdong, Taishan. My 爷爷奶奶 is Hakka from China, Guangdong, Meizhou.
[+] 1 user Likes Guest's post

not pure
not mix
not wholly local

it is
international chap cheng

doesn't matter so much now, kids and next generation could still utter some mandarin oredi 阿彌陀佛 leow

(29-11-2022, 04:23 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  doesn't matter so much now, kids and next generation could still utter some mandarin oredi 阿彌陀佛 leow

Since LKY came into power, he had wanted all Chinese, irrespective of dialect to read, write and speak Mandarin, thus all Chinese programmes are dubbed in Mandarin....LKY is successful in a way.  All Chinese students are to be educated in Chinese/Mandarin........ Big Grin

(29-11-2022, 04:28 PM)debono Wrote:  Since LKY came into power, he had wanted all Chinese, irrespective of dialect to read, write and speak Mandarin, thus all Chinese programmes are dubbed in Mandarin....LKY is successful in a way.  All Chinese students are to be educated in Chinese/Mandarin........ Big Grin

It started in 1982….
Now my kids cannot speak dialect. Rotfl
Luckily, my mandarin is good.
Able to influence my children it is important to speak fluently and write well in mandarin.
Next few hundred years of prosperity will belong to Asia.

Sometimes, I heard Ah Wong speak mandarin, really shake my head.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

pure dialect group

(29-11-2022, 04:28 PM)debono Wrote:  Since LKY came into power, he had wanted all Chinese, irrespective of dialect to read, write and speak Mandarin, thus all Chinese programmes are dubbed in Mandarin....LKY is successful in a way.  All Chinese students are to be educated in Chinese/Mandarin........ Big Grin

(29-11-2022, 04:40 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:   It started in 1982….
Now my kids cannot speak dialect. Rotfl
Luckily, my mandarin is good.
Able to influence my children it is important to speak fluently and write well in mandarin.
Next few hundred years of prosperity will belong to Asia.

Sometimes, I heard Ah Wong speak mandarin, really shake my head.

overall, it is a failed policy as the number of mandarin-speaking families have been declining

this language has been downgraded to just a mere school subject for many people, and a subject which i bet over 90% of the students will want to drop if they are allowed to do so.

(29-11-2022, 03:55 PM)LupCheong Wrote:  Are you pure dialect group or mix dialect group. I am mix dialects group 50% Hakka 50% Sze Yup. My 公公婆婆 is Sze Yup from China, Guangdong, Taishan. My 爷爷奶奶 is Hakka from China, Guangdong, Meizhou.

Wahsi Hokkien Lang lah! Big Grin Goon Lau Peh Lau Boo Mahsi Hokkien Lang lah!

(29-11-2022, 05:10 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  overall, it is a failed policy as the number of mandarin-speaking families have been declining

this language has been downgraded to just a mere school subject for many people, and a subject which i bet over 90% of the students will want to drop if they are allowed to do so.

中华文化,博大精深。
你只要懂一点皮毛,就受用无穷。 Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post