As years moving forward CNY is really become more and more quiet in SG....

I see my neighbours all close doors , like no relatives come. Last time when I just a kid always see many people around at the corridor , people visiting around.

now a days I see all very quiet. How about your side?
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Many still scare of the virus.

yup agreed. cost of living high and job salary is low, gst need to feed pap minister, foreigner is all around us. still got what mood for cny. And yes not forgetting, food price is high for even hawker food. How to celebrate cny.
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post

(23-01-2023, 06:43 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  yup agreed. cost of living high and job salary is low, gst need to feed pap minister, foreigner is all around us. still got what mood for cny. And yes not forgetting, food price is high for even hawker food. How to celebrate cny.

When food prices are up including hawker food ..........there is no joy to celebrate CNY.......... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

Partly also due to elderly some Gone.

so the rest never follow up, doing this CNY visit.

Yes,quite quiet over here Sengkang area too! Many food price went up even plain water a cup cost 30c

(23-01-2023, 07:50 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Yes,quite quiet over here Sengkang area too! Many food price went up even plain water a cup cost 30c

Seng Kang, Punggol I not shock partly mostly Young couples staying around there so less CNY visits

I more surprise is Old Mature town .....less and less no CNY mood compare back to early 70s, 80s and early 90s...

(23-01-2023, 10:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Seng Kang, Punggol I not shock partly mostly Young couples staying around there so less CNY visits

I more surprise is Old Mature town .....less and less no CNY mood compare back to early 70s, 80s and early 90s...
crying

(23-01-2023, 06:26 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I see my neighbours all close doors , like no relatives come. Last time when I just a kid always see many people around at the corridor , people visiting around.

now a days I see all very quiet.  How about your side?

it is the same for any top 5 of the expensive cities in the world.
as Singapore is the most expensive city, any CNY celebration will also be the most expensive in the world.
most people prefer quiet CNY to save cost.

if GST is raise to 20%, you will find most malls to become quiet also.

(23-01-2023, 10:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Seng Kang, Punggol I not shock partly mostly Young couples staying around there so less CNY visits

Perhaps the old mature town have all their old ones kicked the bucket...... crying

yes

it is time to BAN CNY once and for all

no CNY no worries 

I think so,,, with COVID have also change our way to live.

Last shopping nobody.now i see more ppl go shopping then visiting

(23-01-2023, 06:26 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I see my neighbours all close doors , like no relatives come. Last time when I just a kid always see many people around at the corridor , people visiting around.

now a days I see all very quiet.  How about your side?

Very quiet now...because raining. Go sleep better

Our CNY ruined by CCP.

since the govt ban the fire crackers, CNY become another holiday no different from others.

My cousin stopped hosting CNY buffet dinner ever since he lost his job.

(24-01-2023, 09:49 AM)Clyde Wrote:  My cousin stopped hosting CNY buffet dinner ever since he lost his job.
your cousin will be celebrating Diwali with his master

(24-01-2023, 09:51 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  your cousin will be celebrating Diwali with his master

Should be opposition gain another supporter/voter.

playing with fire crackers was fun during my childhood time.

(23-01-2023, 11:33 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes

it is time to BAN CNY once and for all

no CNY no worries 

yes.......i agree.............no need to stress people out with Ang Pao money too..............

they should have a CNY to end all CNYs..............one last celebration then no more............

crying

why must pap made sg so expensive. why must ah long demanding so much salary for mediocre job