BYD : It is very clear why Buffett sold...and most long term share holders should too

I sold all my BYD using the recent market strength to unload.

While China economy and consumers come back as this yr progresses,  the EV sector faces numerous challenges and issues.

The recent Tesla price cuts shows how intense competition js and the overproduction taking place.

Buffett in the 2020 annual meeting took out the auto industry history from 1920s onwards to show the failure rate of new companies and even those that succeed don't do that well. In 2022 September Buffett started to unload BYD and investment that he held for 13 yrs and made 23 times.

Because the China Market has been strong last 2 months it is an opportunity to unload at good prices.

BYD has less than half the margin of Tesla and 60% of its manufacturing is backwards manual labor based that need capital to upgrade. 

BYD will be around for many years but as an investment it is no longer good to hold at these prices.

Making cars is a low margin competitive business. Unlike software or platform business there is no real.moat and people can come in to compete for market share.

Buffett decision to sell is an important guide given he held for 13yrs already.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-01-2023, 11:01 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Show us your BYD paper trades lar

Talk with no proof is MASTURBATION!

How is the trade that I sold any more significant that Buffett selling ....it is sufficient for people to know Buffett has sold.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-01-2023, 11:09 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  chicken idiot bought Tesla, made millions

sgbuffett bought cbailj China stocks

his arsehole bled for 3 years

Of course if i had know Tesla was going to 20x from 2019 to 2021, I would have bought.l and sold off at the peak

I have other stocks that went up 2x 8x etc.

I lost money in China stocks throughout 2021 ...it was a horrid year like a horror movie you think its the end but the killer just pop up again and again.....and i hope to do better this year.

I mistook the massive selloff in Mar/April 2022 as the final.selloff only to see a deeper bottom in Oct 2022.

Despite having studied market history....the second selloff surprised me ...I am surprised global investors can panic until like chicken see fox...then later rush back like hungry animals to buy like no tomorrow. Given I did not do much through the volatility I simply wait for the irrationality to play out.

Some successfully traded the volatility but I decided not

(09-01-2023, 11:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Of course if j had know Tesla was going to 20x from 2019 to 2021, I would have bought.

I have other stocks that went up 2x 8x etc.

J lost money in China stocks throughout 2021 ...it was a horrid year like a horror movie you think its the end but the killer just pop up again and again.....and i hope to do better this year.

I mistook the massive selloff in Mar/April 2022 as the final.selloff only to see a deeper bottom in Oct 2022.

Despite having studied market history....the second selloff surprised me ...I am surprised global investors can panic until like chicken see fox...then later rush back like hungry animals to buy like no tomorrow. Given I did not do much through the volatility I simply wait for the irrationality to play out.

The problem is till now u stil did not see that HK is uptrend and still view it crash every now and then. U have already lost out the full bullSmile

(09-01-2023, 11:50 AM)Zannn Wrote:  The problem is till now u stil did not see that HK is uptrend and still view it crash every now and then. U have already lost out the full bullSmile

I have been buying HK stocks everyday since the CCP  congress especially when there is a fall on the day

I am just not trading that's all.

Buy low sell high , no more royalty to companies.

(09-01-2023, 12:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have been buying HK stocks everyday since the CCP  congress especially when there is a fall on the day

I am just not trading that's all.

If recall correctly u only posted cut all after ccp when it’s at the lowest and almost everyday shout short le. U never post buying at all leSmile. Now suddenly u saying been buying lol

(09-01-2023, 01:24 PM)Zannn Wrote:  If recall correctly u only posted cut all after ccp when it’s at the lowest and almost everyday shout short le. U never post buying at all leSmile. Now suddenly u saying been buying lol

The cut js for short traders to close their positions as there are sharp moves that can kill them

Long-term is different

(09-01-2023, 03:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The cut js for short traders to close their positions as there are sharp moves that can kill them

Long-term is different

Dude don’t wan to expose u but it seem u have sold all and shorted at near lowest and never buy back worSmile

[Image: 3408-FB80-FB04-45-E1-A33-E-F40384-F64687.jpg]

(09-01-2023, 11:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How is the trade that I sold any more significant that Buffett selling ....it is sufficient for people to know Buffett has sold.

U are so easily influenced by the real Buffett.

He could have sold for other reasons.

Reverse indicatoe

Smile

never buy byd. feel it is over price since long ago.

(09-01-2023, 04:42 PM)Niubee Wrote:  U are so easily influenced by the real Buffett.

He could have sold for other reasons.

Reverse indicatoe

I  am to same conclusion as Buffett 
BYD cannot bold.

(09-01-2023, 04:40 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Dude don’t wan to expose u but it seem u have sold all and shorted at near lowest and never buy back worSmile

He's just following his idols in youtube. Say one thing but do another.

(09-01-2023, 09:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He's just following his idols in youtube. Say one thing but do another.

Be careful of Sgbuffet here. Just do opposite what he said... sure win !!

Smile

(09-01-2023, 09:31 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Be careful of Sgbuffet here. Just do opposite what he said... sure win !!

Individual stock wise I tend to agree with him. But index wise it seem sgbuffett is changing his tone to buy now after all the crash calls past months. I suspect HK will start to fall tomorrow!

(09-01-2023, 11:33 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Individual stock wise I tend to agree with him. But index wise it seem sgbuffett is changing his tone to buy now after all the crash calls past months. I suspect HK will start to fall tomorrow!

Laughing

(09-01-2023, 11:33 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Individual stock wise I tend to agree with him. But index wise it seem sgbuffett is changing his tone to buy now after all the crash calls past months. I suspect HK will start to fall tomorrow!

Not tooooo late to find out.. me since day one known ah Butt = tcss trading guru 

Laughing

(09-01-2023, 07:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I  am to same conclusion as Buffett 
BYD cannot bold.

Lol byd sudden cheong after u say cannot hold le

(10-01-2023, 01:27 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Lol byd sudden cheong after u say cannot hold le

Short term can suddenly this and that due to unpredictable events.

(10-01-2023, 01:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Short term can suddenly this and that due to unpredictable events.

True, but this sudden upside is a rally on good new

Buffett sold more yesterday.

He will sell into strength as investors and traders like to react to near term news like monthly sales, new model launches and govt incentives.

Today for some.reason BYD spike up...not sure what the specific news is but unlikely will move the needle on BYD's long term prospects.

[Image: hpvsEGZ.jpg]

(10-01-2023, 01:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Buffett sold more yesterday.

He will sell into strength as investors and traders like to react to near term news like monthly sales, new model launches and govt incentives.

Today for some.reason BYD spike up...not sure what the specific news is but unlikely will move the needle on BYD's long term prospects.

[Image: hpvsEGZ.jpg]

Byd continue to cheong, Buffet sell cannot negative the stock, means there is more powerful news overcome buffet selling. Reverse u again dude lol

(11-01-2023, 10:34 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Byd continue to cheong, Buffet sell cannot negative the stock, means there is more powerful news overcome buffet selling. Reverse u again dude lol

Buffett thinks long term. BYD current valuation does not make sense.

I run through and its the same conclusion.
BYD is rising and slower that other tech firms.

Short term byd can go up and down depending on sentiment

(11-01-2023, 11:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Buffett thinks long term. BYD current valuation does not make sense.

I run through and its the same conclusion.
BYD is rising and slower that other tech firms.

Short term byd can go up and down depending on sentiment

Market is always correct. There is some sense which investor don’t know. It is rallying up!

(11-01-2023, 01:22 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Market is always correct. There is some sense which investor don’t know. It is rallying up!

If you think "market is always 'correct', you should just do dollar cost averaging and get the returns same as the market.

Value.investing and value investors is based jn market van be wrong. Short term is always noise and sentiment..in the kong run the facts assert themselves.

Buffett explains car industry ....

(11-01-2023, 01:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you think "market is always 'correct', you should just do dollar cost averaging and get the returns same as the market.

Value.investing and value investors is based jn market van be wrong. Short term is always noise and sentiment..in the kong run the facts assert themselves.

Buffett explains car industry ....

Why don’t u short it?

(11-01-2023, 04:45 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Why don’t u short it?8

I go for the best opportunities not all opportunities.
As the HK market is strong j prefer to BUY rather than SELL.
Among the stocks to buy I choose those that have the most upside sustainable until next yr.

BYD(EV) vs Alibaba (platform) last 6 months
Going ahead It is still the same factors favor the platform business.

[Image: FVj7zWL.jpg]

(11-01-2023, 10:34 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Byd continue to cheong, Buffet sell cannot negative the stock, means there is more powerful news overcome buffet selling. Reverse u again dude lol

Very strong rally!

(11-01-2023, 04:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I go for the best opportunities not all opportunities.
As the HK market is strong j prefer to BUY rather than SELL.
Among the stocks to buy I choose those that have the most upside sustainable until next yr.

BYD(EV) vs Alibaba (platform) last 6 months
Going ahead It is still the same factors favor the platform business.

[Image: FVj7zWL.jpg]

Rally to the moon!!

(09-01-2023, 07:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I  am to same conclusion as Buffett 
BYD cannot bold.

Congrats bro u got it again! BYD really to the moon after your posting at recent low. Thks!