CPF : Read this DISCLAiMER while doing transfer ...worrying

The queue is very long and I did not want my mom to queue for so long so offer to help transfer online. BUT I read the terms and I am very troubled.

The CPF site requires me to acknowledge this disclaimer before I proceed to do the electronic transfer.

How am I expected as a citizen to agree with the following?
I read many times and basically it says that if something happens to the transfer due to any error or reliability issue or virus etc they do not warranty..

I think I go down to CPF branch do using cash and get receipt on the spot is safer....later I go and queue

These terns are totally unreasonable. Once you read you just cannot agree to it.

[Image: GJpmnEX.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(09-01-2023, 09:47 AM)Blin Wrote:  potential write off. Smile

If you have too much money..write off is okay.
But I think  go an queue...Monday should be 1+hr to play safe is better....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

i think its the same everywhere
the terms&conditions clauses n disclaimers are common
if someone misuses yr credit/debit cards
so long as you hv evidence to prove transactions
banks will attend to it and bear the cost.

(09-01-2023, 09:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you have too much money..write off is okay.
But I think  go an queue...Monday should be 1+hr to play safe is better....

You go CPF office they also make you sign a disclaimer in very small print on one of the document pages. I forgot what it wrote but it is the same if you go thee physically. They are not responsible for anything at all. .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Q for one hour no complaints lah.
Uob q for 3 hrs.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

Go and queue and transact is better and safer. If transfer wrongly on your own, it is very, very, very troublesome just to get back your money.

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(09-01-2023, 09:58 AM)menghuii Wrote:  i think its the same everywhere
the terms&conditions clauses n disclaimers are common
if someone misuses yr credit/debit cards
so long as you hv evidence to prove transactions
banks will attend to it and bear the cost.

I don't think it's the same everywhere.
For credit card if fraudulent transaction the bank/credit card company has to prove otherwise. You have no liability.

But based on CPF clauses it is like no matter what happens they are not responsible at all.

That is very different.

(09-01-2023, 10:14 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Go and queue and transact is better and safer. If transfer wrongly on your own, it is very, very, very troublesome just to get back your money.

That is true
 I was thinking at least have paper trail from CPF office.

(09-01-2023, 10:10 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You go CPF office they also make you sign a disclaimer in very small print on one of the document pages. I forgot what it wrote but it is the same if you go thee physically. They are not responsible for anything at all. .... Rolleyes

If you are so unhappy, you can LEAVE.

Just surrender your citizenship, and take out all your CPF, and be gone for good.  You shant be missed, I can assure you right here and now.  Rolleyes

(09-01-2023, 10:19 AM)Oyk Wrote:  If you are so unhappy, you can LEAVE.

Just surrender your citizenship, and take out all your CPF, and be gone for good.  You shant be missed, I can assure you right here and now.  Rolleyes

What the f... is this.

We are discussing use of electronic transfer to CPF and attached conditions.

I am queuing right now at CPF to put money IN. 

What is this shit about being "unhappy" and need to leave country.

If we have to leave do to every single thingvthat can be improve Singapore will be emptied out.

Last Friday went to Tampines branch around 11 plus, only waited about half an hour to transfer money to my local bank account. Wasn't sure how to do online internet banking on my handphone.

tomorrow will be a better day

Can transfer in multiple small amounts say 1k. There's a limit for the total amount so shan't be too difficult

(09-01-2023, 10:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is true
 I was thinking at least have paper trail from CPF office.

Nowadays CPF doesn't print paper copies.

(09-01-2023, 10:27 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Can transfer in multiple small amounts say 1k. There's a limit for the total amount so shan't be too difficult
No. I transferred $x0k to my local bank account.

(09-01-2023, 10:26 AM)surfer Wrote:  Last Friday went to Tampines branch around 11 plus, only waited about half an hour to transfer money to my local bank account. Wasn't sure how to do online internet banking on my handphone.

To transfer in is very easy.

To transfer out is not so straightforward. If you manage to get to the correct link, still ok.

(09-01-2023, 10:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What the f... is this.

We are discussing use of electronic transfer to CPF and attached conditions.

I am queuing right now at CPF to put money IN. 

What is this shit about being "unhappy" and need to leave country.

If we have to leave do to every single thingvthat can be improve Singapore will be emptied out.

I did not tell you to leave. I told HIM to leave because he was obviously unhappy.

But if you also wish to LEAVE, you can do so, and since you are now at CPF Building, you can inform them of your intention to leave and draw all your money out.  You too shant be missed, and I can also tell YOU as well that, here and now.

Listen up!  it is people like you who are wasting civil servants' time.  That passage was merely saying that they cannot warrant that there will be no malicious cyber attacks, and you have to go all the way to CPF Board?  Even the best of government internet surveillance (applies to every government in the world), you can go hire the best IT people you can find, there will always be hackers who once in a while managed to disrupt services, and I expected you to be more understanding. But apparently you are not.

Leave ba... Rolleyes

(09-01-2023, 10:29 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  To transfer in is very easy.

To transfer out is not so straightforward. If you manage to get to the correct link, still ok.

Correct. That's why I went to CPF office to ask the staff to show step by step on the handphone. At the end of it after the transaction, can check on local bank apps to see money arrived into the account. Also the staff was kind enough to give a small piece of paper with the printed steps how to do the transfer online in the future without going to the CPF office.

[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(09-01-2023, 10:31 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya, ppl transferred millions aso no problem

I'm no millionaire in cash but I have assets in a few M.

[+] 2 users Like surfer's post

(09-01-2023, 10:35 AM)surfer Wrote:  I'm no millionaire in cash but I have assets in a few M.

Sorry, was replying to ah butt but ended up to yr post

(09-01-2023, 10:38 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Sorry, was replying to ah butt but ended up to yr post

It's okay. We are here to TCSS. No harm done. Big Grin

Ok thanks....will bring my 1,000,000,000,000 1 cent coins to CPF board office to transfer!

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

CPF is for you to see and feel like a millionaire like what toothpick Lim say.

(09-01-2023, 10:27 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Can transfer in multiple small amounts say 1k. There's a limit for the total amount so shan't be too difficult

1K is small amount?

(09-01-2023, 10:13 AM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  Q for one hour no complaints lah.
Uob q for 3 hrs.

A couple of months ago we fff the UOB staff for their slow response after waiting 1.5hrs with almost no movement in the queue.  One office unker was holding up the queue with his several cheques for dunno what.  Imagine 10 counters open but only 1 counter serving FD accounts.

They then quickly brought down their managers and supervisors to deal with an increasing angry and almost rowdy crowd. In the end, the FD completed for my mum in just 7 mins flat. Terrible.  Bank location at Raffles Place.  I was doubly pissed as my carpark charges amounted to more than $10+

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 11:08 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1K is small amount?

Sometimes I use the note as pangsai wipes when I run out.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 11:16 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Sometimes I use the note as pangsai wipes when I run out.

WW2 japanese banana currency? Thinking Laughing

(09-01-2023, 10:35 AM)surfer Wrote:  I'm no millionaire in cash but I have assets in a few M.

I also have several hundred millions... if converted to rupiah Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 11:20 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I also have several hundred millions... if converted to rupiah Big Grin

Hahahahahaha....in that case maybe I'm a trillionaire. Big Grin