Shopee Pay - put money in hard to get out.

This is what happened. 

I found a nice product on Shopee.

Deposit money into the shopee pay wallet.
Just before I commit to buying I did a check around 
and found item was 20% cheaper on Lazada so I bought at Lazada.

Hopping back to Shopee I shopped around can't find anything to buy so I decided to withdraw my money from Shopee wallet back to my bank account.

Found ilout it cannot be done. They allow you to transfer out only if the money came from a refund that is deposited into the wallet as refund. But funds you deposit cannot be withdrawn. Need to write to them.

Anyone found a way around this let me.know.

Thanks.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Now then you know

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

Never put money into other people's wallet. It is very hard to take back. Always keep money in your own wallet and pay them from your wallet. Use PayLah or Credit Cards..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-06-2022, 10:54 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Never put money into other people's wallet. It is very hard to take back. Always keep money in your own wallet and pay them from your wallet. Use PayLah or Credit Cards..... Big Grin

But from wallet can refund faster

☝️

(07-06-2022, 10:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is what happened. 

I found a nice product on Shopee.

Deposit money into the shopee pay wallet.
Just before I commit to buying I did a check around 
and found item was 20% cheaper on Lazada so I bought at Lazada.

Hopping back to Shopee I shopped around can't find anything to buy so I decided to withdraw my money from Shopee wallet back to my bank account.

Found ilout it cannot be done. They allow you to transfer out only if the money came from a refund that is deposited into the wallet as refund. But funds you deposit cannot be withdrawn. Need to write to them.

Anyone found a way around this let me.know.

Thanks.

If you had agreed to the terms and conditions, stop whining.  Just suck it up.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Tio scam liao

Just Call them lah…
Shopee customer service not bad.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

If not able to withdrawn, can try use shopee credit to buy food from shopee participating merchants

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49
[+] 1 user Likes SgWinner's post

(07-06-2022, 10:54 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Never put money into other people's wallet. It is very hard to take back. Always keep money in your own wallet and pay them from your wallet. Use PayLah or Credit Cards..... Big Grin

Never put  money into annual membership, esp using credit card giro. Once you decided to withdraw the membership, they will still deduct from your credit card giro. In short very difficult to withdraw membership. Only way out is to cancel the credit card

Beware
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

(07-06-2022, 10:57 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Just Call them lah…
Shopee customer service not bad.

I think I slowly use it to buy can food and groceries. Will use up in a few months

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-06-2022, 11:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think I slowly use it to buy can food and groceries. Will use up jn a few months

I still have money in Shopee wallet for months

☝️

(07-06-2022, 11:03 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Never put  money into annual membership, esp using credit card giro. Once you decided to withdraw the membership, they will still deduct from your credit card giro. In short very difficult to withdraw membership. Only way out is to cancel the credit card

Beware

Good info..... Thumbs_up

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

aiya a couple of dollars nvml.

when I saw those balances in expired easy link cards, aso very dulan but nothing can be done so just ignore loh

(07-06-2022, 11:03 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Never put  money into annual membership, esp using credit card giro. Once you decided to withdraw the membership, they will still deduct from your credit card giro. In short very difficult to withdraw membership. Only way out is to cancel the credit card

Beware
yes 
same for all

MAS should regulate this and protect consumers.

(07-06-2022, 11:18 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya a couple of dollars nvml.

when I saw those balances in expired easy link cards, aso very dulan but nothing can be done so just ignore loh

Why should balance ever expire?
This is modern era of computing all these record can be kept permanently without any issue....its just a few numbers. Why is there a need to expire?

Singapore is a ridiculous place. I remember once finding my bank charge $2 per quarter for each stock held in CPFIS.
I don't blame the bank but the govt that allow such absurdity.

(07-06-2022, 11:46 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  MAS should regulate this and protect consumers.

When people die suddenly there can be lots of money they left in shoppeee, qoo10 etc.

(07-06-2022, 01:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why should balance ever expire?
This is modern era of computing all these record can be kept permanently without any issue....its just a few numbers. Why is there a need to expire?

Singapore is a ridiculous place. I remember once finding my bank charge $2 per quarter for each stock held in CPFIS.
I don't blame the bank but the govt that allow such absurdity.

aiya phone cards prepaid cards all the same. they can tell you not happy dun use