Citibank: 3.2% for 12 month FD

[Image: 623604-B9-A765-4-B9-C-9-C74-1-AA15-B03-A184.png]

I wil only support UOB local bank and Bk of China. Recalling back Lehman bros saga when Citibank almost goes bankrupt make me eerie.

CPF Management easily made 0.70% profit margin W/O doing anything.

3.20% - 2.50%= 0.70% . Its Daylight robbery.

CPF members are the losers
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

Now Citi offered 3.20% shows that interest rates will still keep rising. Shiok....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Wow FD race .... will it hit 6% like during the 80s? Thinking

Had fd with them bef now no more.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

Remember is a bank goes bankrupt, you can put in half a mil FD and you get 75k back only. Dun say I never warn you.

Later you realised USD deposit offers higher interest rates.

(05-10-2022, 06:59 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I wil only support UOB local bank and Bk of China. Recalling back Lehman bros saga when Citibank almost goes bankrupt make me eerie.

Dont worry lah. SDIC now guarantee 75k SGD.
But this guarantee capital will change one hor.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-10-2022, 07:55 PM)wulala Wrote:  Wow FD race .... will it hit 6% like during the 80s? Thinking

Only 6%. That time was higher than that I think
[+] 1 user Likes Ahnya's post

[Image: F8-E0-A785-F2-A1-440-D-BCE4-A7-EC33145-F2-A.png]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.citibank.com.sg/personal-ban...insurance/

(05-10-2022, 07:03 PM)Scythian Wrote:  ..

One in four people who made top-ups for themselves or their family members in 2022 has been doing so for at least three consecutive years, said CPF.

"Qannum with zero risk," said the agency.

"With higher balances in their CPF, members can enjoy higher CPF LIFE monthly retirement payouts, no matter how long they live."

(06-10-2022, 07:37 AM)Teeth53 Wrote:  "With higher balances in their CPF, members can enjoy higher CPF LIFE monthly retirement payouts, no matter how long they live."

Higher payout is how much? 
I understand now the payouts for non CPF LIFE is something like $450 per month until the fund runs out. With today's inflation. how many cai-png meals can $450 buy? .... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

When time is bad many people don’t have money to bank in
So fd interest rates go up to attract lenders.

☝️

(06-10-2022, 07:42 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Higher payout is how much? 
I understand now the payouts for non CPF LIFE is something like $450 per month until the fund runs out. With today's inflation. how many cai-png meals can $450 buy? .... Thinking

$450 can buy around 90 chap Chye png for simple meal which can last 2 meals for 1 month.

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(06-10-2022, 07:42 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Higher payout is how much? 

My CPF is non Life one.
I'm receiving a lot more than that. But it is not for life.
Only CPF Life is for life , that's why it is so-called.

(05-10-2022, 07:05 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Now Citi offered 3.20% shows that interest rates will still keep rising. Shiok....... Big Grin

(05-10-2022, 07:05 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Now Citi offered 3.20% shows that interest rates will still keep rising. Shiok....... Big Grin
Music chair on
Calling one
Calling two

(05-10-2022, 10:06 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Dont worry lah. SDIC now guarantee 75k SGD.
But this guarantee capital will change one hor.

U put one mil guarantee 75K?

(05-10-2022, 07:03 PM)Scythian Wrote:  ..

There is no adjustment for OA interest after many years despite inflation and GST increased
Why?
The same goes to housing loan rate from CPF at 2.6% 
Look at the present salary most employees are paid 
most buyers still feel the resale price of HDB still affordable or rather not expensive
Resale price of HDB and private property both are increasing non stop.
Still can't see light at end of tunnel.
Hesitate to buy now will end up pay higher another month 
Is it a healthy sign to continue?
For property agent:Yes/No
Set a  ceiling for HDB resale price?
A hefty tax is imposed after that.
% is gradually increased.
The main purpose of flat is for citizen has a roof over the head.

Alternatively, completion of building BTO flat set at 3 years.
Expedite the process of handing keys of new flat to owner.
Consider the HDB branch office to assist.
Decentralised to lighten the workload of HDB Hub 
Most staff can be employed at branch office.

(06-10-2022, 05:20 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  My CPF is non Life one.
Those long life only can enjoy cpf life

☝️

(06-10-2022, 05:20 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  My CPF is non Life one.

Citi hope u can offered 3.20% or more. For Life is for life better still... Rotfl .U put one mil guarantee

(06-10-2022, 11:35 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  When time is bad many people don’t have money to bank in
So fd interest rates go up to attract lenders.
Just bear in mind that lendings cannot exceeds borrowings.  If not, a bank can goes bust.  MAS will not allow this to happen.

I wonder if chenghu will increase our OA rate.  Else I will use my OA to buy bonds instead Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(06-10-2022, 09:02 PM)dynamite Wrote:  U put one mil guarantee 75K?

Only guarantee 75k lah at the moment. You have to puts into 14 banks for 1 mil to protect  all your capital.

During bad time, dont put all $$$ into bank. This is why ppl buy hard asset like gold.

I have said before go and buy branded jewelleries.

(10-10-2022, 07:43 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Only guarantee 75k lah at the moment. You have to puts into 14 banks for 1 mil to protect  all your capital.

It’s doable Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(10-10-2022, 07:46 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  It’s doable Big Grin

2 million how? Rotfl

Now putting 400k fixed deposit with 3% rate, easily earns 12k. Can bring your family of 4 for a nice 7 days Japan holiday. Song Boh!