Comfort Delgro share price crashed to new low

it plunged to a record low of $1.14 on 16 January 2023. What could have led to the gut-wrenching train wreck for Comfort Delgro share price? After all, we are only less than one month into 2023. The devastating meltdown of Comfort Delgro share price have prompted an SG Wealth Builder member to request for a write-up on this counter. Should investors sell everything and run for their lives?

Comfort Delgro is a transport company with a total fleet size of about 34,000 buses, taxis and rental vehicles. SBS Transit, a listed company, is a subsidiary. Vicom, another SGX-listed company, is another subsidiary. For the past decade, Comfort Delgro has spread its wings overseas, with operations in Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, China, Ireland and Malaysia.

https://sgwealthbuilder.com/2023/01/25/c...o-new-low/

Stupid company.

At the rate of slump, it would take a very brave investor to enter this counter. At the same time, existing shareholders should face the difficult question of whether they should dollar average their investments. Make no mistake, cheap does not translate value. For all you know, we may not see light at end of tunnel for Comfort Delgro share price any time soon. In fact, I have raised the question on whether investors should run for their lives in 2018. Those who had not exited may be having some regrets. crying

The recent plunge of Comfort Delgro share price is all the more puzzling for many investors.

Think? Tongue . During this period, ride-hailing companies like Grab and GoJek had upended the entire taxi industry in Singapore while pandemic had also played a part in disrupting commuters’ travelling patterns. When in 2018 article, Comfort Delgro share price had plunged from $3.20 in 2015 to an abysmal $2.10 in 2018. That seemed like the lowest point for the stock. Yet in early 2023, the counter continued to sink to another new low. 

Against this backdrop, investors could be forgiven for feeling disturbed over the long-time value destruction of Comfort Delgro share price.

Please do your due diligence before investing in the stock market. Investers who not vested in Comfort Delgro at the moment. Whether Comfort Delgro share price will surge or collapse has impact on this article is not meant to induce readers to make any form of investment decisions.

Comfort Delgro share price faces potential crisis as it plunged to a record low of $1.14 on 16 January 2023.

Last few months when it was featured on Business Time, my investment advisor already warn me.

(28-01-2023, 11:21 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Stupid company.

Trading from last year. From $1.53 up then down to $1.13 for this year 2023...down by 0.40  Rotfl

People play guessing game whether the stock price will go up or down. Some subjective assessment whether taxi business is good or bad etc. Grab has been around for ages and the whole landscape is probably in a steady state with small growth due to rise in population and fare increase balanced by increase in mrt stations. Comfort is not going to grow much.

So the numbers can be analysed as business that is somewhat stable with little or no growth.

Div yield is 4%
Earnjngs yield is 6%
Book value 1.21
Net debt is $1B

[Image: gW3r7nw.jpg]

Looking at the financials ComfortDelgro will have no problems maintaining its current dividends.

[Image: FyAkILH.jpg]

If one buys the stock now and hold for long term the return us 4-6% per year.

The reason why stock has fallen is because of interest rates going up. The low return is unattractive.who wants an asset that returns 4-6% when you can get 4% fixed deposit without risk.

This investment make sense to buy  below $1...above $1 you are not going to expect good long term performance. The positive cashflow means it is investable only matter of price.if it goes below $1 then I consider....but there are better buys 

There are 700 stocks to pick from ....why this one? Still it is better than  stocks like SingTel, SingPost, etc.

The market is full of low return anaemic stocks.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-01-2023, 11:47 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Last few months when it was featured on Business Time, my investment advisor already warn me.

when will it go below $1....  Rotfl wanting to buy?. It closed at $1.21

(28-01-2023, 11:47 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Last few months when it was featured on Business Time, my investment advisor already warn me.

Me, is wanting for $ less then one Singapore dollar.

(28-01-2023, 12:02 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  when will it go below $1....  Rotfl wanting to buy?. It closed at $1.21

There are better stocks to buy.

Last year and yr before my annual singapore stock picks return 27: and 37% respectively and double digit gains 6yrs in a row.

The 2023 stock picks are found here 

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-My-stock-picks-for-2023

Instead of asking whether this stock can buy or that stock can buy.  One should consider all the listed stocks to buy the best ones.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Me think, Reits is a better buy, Div yield is much better then 4% compare to Comfort.

(28-01-2023, 12:02 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  when will it go below $1....  Rotfl wanting to buy?. It closed at $1.21

I am not interested in this counter

Just look at the dinosaurs on the CDG board of directors and you will understand why the share price crash. E.g. their business model for taxis is basically to rent out taxis and wait to collect rent. Grab has been around so many years, before Comfort started to roll out a new app to compete. Dinosaurs move slowly for their own good.

https://www.comfortdelgro.com/board-management

PAP owes FTs a Living

Floodgates open wide so that HDB, jobs, taxis, restaurants . . . have better business

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

This is one of the companies the govt supported during the pandemic. Just like sia, this company govt won't allow to fail, I think

(28-01-2023, 02:25 PM)winbig Wrote:  This is one of the companies the govt supported during the pandemic. Just like sia, this company govt won't allow to fail, I think

Cow compary... Thumbsup