Confirmed - SG-born Jocelyn Chia is an 🇺🇸 American.

(08-06-2023, 12:33 PM)Everything Everywhere Wrote:  An American bitch?

If u had seen her performance on stage, American Chia does behave like one....

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! - 李光耀 2013

(08-06-2023, 03:49 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am more than happy to be proven wrong - So why are u waiting ?

Big Grin

I never say she is American, right? Who say leh?

(08-06-2023, 12:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  No wonder I couldn't laugh at American jokes. Their style of jokes is to be insulting and sarcastic and when you take offence, they'll say, it's only a joke, making you look very petty-minded.

Someone's meat and is another's poison...

(08-06-2023, 12:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  No wonder I couldn't laugh at American jokes. Their style of jokes is to be insulting and sarcastic and when you take offence, they'll say, it's only a joke, making you look very petty-minded.
That's why Will Smith slapped Cyris Rock  at thee Oscar award ceremony.  .. Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(08-06-2023, 04:15 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  That's why Will Smith slapped Cyris Rock  at thee Oscar award ceremony.  .. Big Grin

Cyris don't dare to crack jokes on 9/11 during Oscar - why ah ?

Big Grin

the orh kee below her nose looks like a delicious chocolate chip 
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 

(08-06-2023, 12:53 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You are conflating 2 things here -

1. Chia maybe a ex-SGrean - but  her stand-up comedy is given in the context of presenting a "SGrean" view on MH370 and M'sia itself.
2. SG gov is very very keenly aware of social media, MSMS and public opinion in neighboring countries view on the Little Red Dot.

Those last 3 words itself were invented by one of our nearby country...and it wasn't a complement.

So your bottom line is if a pr or ex citizen do something similar next time, sinkie land will have to apologize again?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Is green card a PR or citizenship?

Smile

(08-06-2023, 06:47 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  So your bottom line is if a pr or ex citizen do something similar next time, sinkie land will have to apologize again?

That will depend whether ex-SGrean behavior that misrepresent SGreans values and views that damage and even create ill-will against SGreans by foreigners. I know you do not agree with SG Gov making an official apology. But if u look at the implication of this saga created by an AMERICAN to an AMERICAN audience in USA,  Ms Chia owe not just M'sian an apology, but also to SGreans.

Wanna know what is her reaction to the uproar ?

[Image: jocelyn_chia_deleted_comment.jpg]

(08-06-2023, 06:56 PM)Manthink Wrote:  That will depend whether ex-SGrean behavior that misrepresent SGreans values and views that damage and even create ill-will against SGreans by foreigners. I know you do not agree with SG Gov making an official apology. But if u look at the implication of this saga created by an AMERICAN to an AMERICAN audience in USA,  Ms Chia owe not just M'sian an apology, but also to SGreans.

Wanna know what is her reaction to the uproar ?

[Image: jocelyn_chia_deleted_comment.jpg]

Then sinkie govt should protest to US. Govt start a precedence, next similar incident we never apologize, ppl will make noise also.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(08-06-2023, 02:49 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am sure there are lots of unhappy M'sian.

and that itself is highly relevant matter given American Chia exploited her ex-citizenship bkgnd at the expense of others while entertaining her new-found home in faraway USA.

It is ridiculous to curse a nation because of a stupid comedian show.
Knowing she is a American citizen now. Living, talking and behaving like one in a USA club show.

God must be crazy  Rolleyes

I agree that Vivi should clarify the matter, cos many Malaysians who didn't know that she has become an American may misunderstand us, not to say that many of them already think that sinkies are snobbish.

However, even if they know she's now an American may not not help. They'll just attribute the bad behaviour to a sinkie upbringing.

(08-06-2023, 11:49 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I agree that Vivi should clarify the matter, cos many Malaysians who didn't know that she has become an American may misunderstand us, not to say that many of them already think that sinkies are snobbish.

However, even if they know she's now an American may not not help. They'll just attribute the bad behaviour to a sinkie upbringing.

She should joke about drinking pork soup from the tap or opening windows to enjoy smoke..

Those Chinese dont  even bother

(08-06-2023, 06:52 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Is green card a PR or citizenship?

She's a Singaporean making jokes for a living in US

(09-06-2023, 05:35 AM)Scythian Wrote:  She's a Singaporean making jokes for a living in US

She is an ASSMERICAN, not a Singaporean!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(09-06-2023, 06:25 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  She is an ASSMERICAN, not a Singaporean!

Yellow banana inside is still white

(09-06-2023, 05:35 AM)Scythian Wrote:  She's a Singaporean making jokes for a living in US

Ex Singaporean. Since she make the choice already why still want to tag to Sporean word.
Ex husband Ex wife still want honey is it?  Rotfl
Who knows if she has bad intention to make Sg My relationship sour.

Incorrect ans

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(09-06-2023, 07:22 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Incorrect ans

Answer is cannot, if one support Soros open society of no border, then he, she or even 'it'
cannot complain foreigners into Sg.  

The two cannot coexist, else is double std, double std means any time will face betrayal.

Satire comedy is a American club culture. Unhappy Malaysian should go bombard US forums. 
Wrong target as usual. From you.

Allah Akbar protest out side US embassy in KL! Big Grin

https://youtu.be/SxwSUaCk7IY

Leave her alone.
Karma and mass-shooters will take care of her.

(08-06-2023, 07:19 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Then sinkie govt should protest to US. Govt start a precedence, next similar incident we never apologize, ppl will make noise also.

Why make noise when it is better to be an audience feeling sorry for the hurt that M'sians got from a stupid American comedian who was exercising her 1st Amendment Rights in freedom of expression in US ?

Big Grin

(10-06-2023, 03:09 PM)AngTehKor Wrote:  Dunno what to say

diam diam wumao

(10-06-2023, 02:28 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Why make noise when it is better to be an audience feeling sorry for the hurt that M'sians got from a stupid American comedian who was exercising her 1st Amendment Rights in freedom of expression in US ?

Big Grin
If sinkie govt didn't apologize in the first place, there would be this discussion.

(08-06-2023, 12:06 PM)Manthink Wrote:  May 2019
As a professional female stand-up comedian in the US who grew up in Singapore, Jocelyn Chia's career path has been no joke.
She held a lucrative job as a corporate lawyer earning a six-figure annual salary from 2006 to 2009, but traded it all for comedy.
Chia has been a professional comedian for six years, since making her stand-up television debut on Gotham Comedy Live, hosted by William Shatner.

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/entertainme...eer-comedy

Lucky she's a Singapore born American ah! Big Grin Born here grew up there lah!

(10-06-2023, 04:26 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Lucky she's a Singapore born American ah! Big Grin Born here grew up there lah!

She grew up in Singapore.

If she was merely born here and her parents brought her to the US since she was a baby, then what she could never be misconstrued as a Singaporean view of things.

(10-06-2023, 05:30 PM)AngTehKor Wrote:  Don't insult me you Chinese hater

Being a Chinese hater is not the same as being a Singaporean hater.

(10-06-2023, 05:30 PM)AngTehKor Wrote:  Don't insult me you Chinese hater

Admit you are lupcheong first

(08-06-2023, 10:20 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I am a Han
The vast majority of Han Singaporeans are chap cheng.
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Savings-wiped-...#pid620554

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post