Cook at home. Dun be a victim of high cost.

[Image: IMG-20221004-112425.jpg]

All ingredients has gone up 20%. The real impact has not been felt the slight yet.
[+] 3 users Like dynamite's post

[Image: 20221004-114544.jpg]

must get the cheapest available. like this 1 kg only 3.70 at ss. the branded ones at least 10+. the chickens dun complain can already

No wonder so many people, latest was 45M people, have crossed the land immigration checkpoints since the opening of borders, to eat, drink, buy, service and happy ending. Everything is cheap, cheap, cheap there

(04-10-2022, 11:48 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: 20221004-114544.jpg]

must get the cheapest available. like this 1 kg only 3.70 at ss. the branded ones at least 10+. the chickens dun complain can already

besides harvesting fresh organic eggs, do you keep chicken as pets? 
your grand kids must be exciting playing with them  Big Grin
i used to have pet chicken when i was young.

i will be cooking sundobu jjigae later

I always eat my home cooked dinner at home.
Outside food is salty.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(04-10-2022, 12:37 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  besides harvesting fresh organic eggs, do you keep chicken as pets? 
your grand kids must be exciting playing with them  Big Grin
i used to have pet chicken when i was young.

ofc, some always follow me everywhere. when I said 开饭了,all flew and ran towards me
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

TS is now great cook, thanks for sharing your home made meals in photos

Very soon, you will see more and more ppl growing vegetables and rear chickens at home. May be you can combine effort with your neighbours. This is called Kampong Spirit.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I am shocked at how much sodium is added by hawkers to their tasty food during cooking. I do not believe the latest less sodium campaign will have any effect. Last night I watched in the news a fat lady saying low sodium salt taste the same and normal salt. The last time I checked years ago, it is much much more expensive and I do not think they are the same. Some more videoed a fruit drink with no added sugar label. Did she know that 100% fruit juice are found to be as bad as sugared drink?

But we are still a victim of NTUC over- pricing

the food ingredients and raw items

(03-10-2022, 10:11 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  There are so many Ministers and most of them in NTUC who does not know the ground. There are many people who will purchase on Monday, Wed and Thursday due to the meagre 3% discount when inflation hit much higher. Our Govt do not feel shameful??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

can u cook for me

Best don't even shop at NTUC

Shocking price at NTUC Fairprice (sgtalk.net)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(04-10-2022, 01:34 PM)Talent Wrote:  can u cook for me

If I open a stall. Fish ball, minced meat noodles is the easiest. The fish ball is full of msg. It make the soup tasty especially with minced pork. It is much easier than CKT.

(04-10-2022, 01:27 PM)Ola Wrote:  But we are still a victim of NTUC over- pricing

the food ingredients and raw items

No. Wet Market price up 20%. NTUC has good buy. You must be smart to know which ones.

Notice I use 2.5 fish ball because fish ball price is 30 cents for one instead of 20 cents.

Minced meat ball I make myself instead of buying the ready made that is full of flour.

Be careful of low nutrition outside food that serve paper thin meat, flatten with the chopper. Or little meat coated with thick sodium msg flour.

再来一碗

[Image: IMG-20221004-172639.jpg]

Only 2.5 of each balls because of rising cost but add pig liver. The soup taste just like outside one. I think because of the msg in fish balls.

[Image: IMG-20221004-173025.jpg]

Add with left over noodle chilli sauce, soup taste superb.

now kor kor never show his hairless legs..

(04-10-2022, 05:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  now kor kor never show his hairless legs..

My armpits are hairless. I use a machine to zap off all the hair.