Cristiano Ronaldo in tears as career ends without winning World Cup

[Image: TAQIh4T.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

some have it all
some dont
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

Rushing for interview with tears Morgan
[+] 1 user Likes IndianChief's post

No doubt Ronaldo is the most recent greatest Portuguese soccer player of all time. My late Dad mention about Eusebio but that is too early. Mine knowledge of great Portuguese soccer player is Luis Figo he is good but he is more of a midfielder than out and out striker.
[+] 3 users Like sgh's post

(11-12-2022, 03:36 AM)sgh Wrote:  No doubt Ronaldo is the most recent greatest Portuguese soccer player of all time. My late Dad mention about Eusebio but that is too early. Mine knowledge of great Portuguese soccer player is Luis Figo he is good but he is more of a midfielder than out and out striker.

Different generations have different views, and I also think there should greatest for each position,
it is definitely not possible for one player to play every positions. 
goalie for Portuguese may be Manuel Bento. defenders represent by Pepe , Jorge Costa etc
midfield Luis Figo Rui Costa....Ronaldo  Eusebio as forwards

It take skill, strategies, luck and some kelong to win  Laughing

(11-12-2022, 03:36 AM)sgh Wrote:  No doubt Ronaldo is the most recent greatest Portuguese soccer player of all time. My late Dad mention about Eusebio but that is too early. Mine knowledge of great Portuguese soccer player is Luis Figo he is good but he is more of a midfielder than out and out striker.

One thing to note is league football has grown through the years some people don't find world cup as appealing as EPL.

A true legend should be above all this because it  is not all about winning....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

LF is best playmaker too.

This guy is best because his name is George Best.

The ball appear to be magically attracted to his feet.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(11-12-2022, 09:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This guy is best because his name is George Best.

The ball appear to be magically attracted to his feet.

What's the point being Best only got screwed by his failed marriage. Alcoholism took over his Great Life. Good Spouse vip even one is poor.
[+] 1 user Likes Rubitin's post

Ronaldo already lost his mojo. He hasn't been performing well for ManU and also during the WC group stage games. Yesterday, he shot straight at the Morocco keeper whereas in the past he would have scored from the same position. Time for a final big payday in Saudi Arabia and then quit.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(11-12-2022, 09:36 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One thing to note is league football has grown through the years some people don't find world cup as appealing as EPL.

WC is not just about footballing skills it is also about country reputation and honour of being a soccer powerhouse. Maybe that is why Germany, France, Italy etc got much more than England who is not interested in country reputation and honour. They only want monies earned in EPL. If that is the case why England want to participate in WC and UEFA Euro qualification matches since they don't want country honour? Waste of time isn't it?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Just a bunch of big boys chasing after a ball, dun take them too seriously!
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(11-12-2022, 09:36 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One thing to note is league football has grown through the years some people don't find world cup as appealing as EPL.

World cup should be more appealing than EPL, cos it involves many countries vying for the cup.  All countries send their best  football players to win the World Cup. It is a coveted prize.......... Smile Surprised Love Winkblink Gesti-109
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(11-12-2022, 11:38 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  What's the point being Best only got screwed by his failed marriage. Alcoholism took over his Great Life. Good Spouse vip even one is poor.

Football is a team event. Yes one star player can do magic and wonders but if the rest of the team are too mediocre in comparison to that star player, opponents send 2-3 to mark him down it will be hard also for him to perform magic. Besides soccer off-line he has a lot of issues like alcoholism you say. To me a great player is one that is both wholesome both on field and off field. That is just my preference though.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Team work , mental and coordinator and cooperation needed for WC.

Not just person honour but country pride and honour are involved too much at stake.

Plus if tio too many yellow card or red card ownself reputation also gone

(11-12-2022, 05:17 PM)sgh Wrote:  Football is a team event. Yes one star player can do magic and wonders but if the rest of the team are too mediocre in comparison to that star player, opponents send 2-3 to mark him down it will be hard also for him to perform magic. Besides soccer off-line he has a lot of issues like alcoholism you say. To me a great player is one that is both wholesome both on field and off field. That is just my preference though.
I subscribe to your statements. Soccer is a team game, and every person has to play their part..... Clapping Laughing

Next is Messi turn to cry.