[Image: ij1nWA4.jpg]
[Image: 5zdynJR.jpg]

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

this one i dont understand....
keep  clear of "oncoming bus" means waht?

cyclist was going in wrong direction or bus going in wrong direction??????????????

[Image: qGm2mB4.jpg]

(25-09-2022, 10:35 AM)wendychan Wrote:  this one i dont understand....
keep  clear of "oncoming bus" means waht?

cyclist was going in wrong direction or bus going in wrong direction??????????????

[Image: qGm2mB4.jpg]

In same direction, as bus will take up the whole lane cyclist kena squeeze onto drain grating, wheel got jammed was the case. i nearly die once, case of dead man tells no tale. Big Grin

(25-09-2022, 10:56 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  In same direction, as bus will take up the whole lane cyclist kena squeeze onto drain grating, wheel got jammed was the case. i nearly die once, case of dead man tells no tale. Big Grin

no lah... that is NOT 

ONCOMING  bus

I find it strange a cyclist club complaining about PUB's drainage cover when the fact such design has been around for decades.

Why not those cyclist on skinny tyres switch to wider ones like those on the mountain bikes or stick to PCN ?

Sensible action for a simple solution...Now they want PUB to spend more taxpayer $ for their own benefit regardless of national priority?
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(25-09-2022, 10:56 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  In same direction, as bus will take up the whole lane cyclist kena squeeze onto drain grating, wheel got jammed was the case. i nearly die once, case of dead man tells no tale. Big Grin

Why not get off the road if not confident with riding a public road that is used by other motorists and heavy vehicles?

My advise to those amateur cyclist w little experience to know your route well before getting on public roads.

Not worth to risk life or limps over a weekend hobby or assuming other road users will respect cyclist space, even with all the flashing lights and $1000 helmet.
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

They are one group of trouble makers. Government need not pay the slightest attention to them.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(25-09-2022, 11:39 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I find it strange a cyclist club complaining about PUB's drainage cover when the fact such design has been around for decades.

Why not those cyclist on skinny tyres switch to wider  ones like those on the mountain bikes or stick to PCN ?

Sensible action for a simple solution...Now they want PUB to spend more taxpayer $ for their own benefit regardless of national priority?

Just ignore them and blame on their tyres width.
[+] 2 users Like dynamite's post

(25-09-2022, 11:44 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Why not get off the road if not confident with riding a public road that is used by other motorists and heavy vehicles?

My advise to those amateur cyclist w little experience to know your route well before getting on public roads.

Not worth to risk life or limps over a weekend hobby or assuming other road users will respect cyclist space, even with all the flashing lights and $1000 helmet.
Just make them sign ideminity form before cycling to be responsible for themselves.

Problem not big lah.........realigning the grating solves the issue.

(25-09-2022, 11:47 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Just make them sign ideminity form before cycling to be responsible for themselves.

I think the Gov made a mistake by overselling cycling as a alternative transport or of healthy lifestyle...

With all the publicity on creating cyclist "friendly" infrastructure, it seems some come to assume these benefits and entitlement should extend into addressing obvious and apparent risks that some cyclists are too dumb to avoid...

(25-09-2022, 11:51 AM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Problem not big lah.........realigning the grating solves the issue.

Certainly not a big problem: According to ST report shared by TS, there were just 5 cyclist incident involving grating last 10 years.

I am sure there are far higher figure for cyclists getting killed by other ways on the road!

PUB is smart - their  priority is to improve storm water drainage on public road, not for a helping individuals who can't see where they are riding.

(25-09-2022, 11:46 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Just ignore them and blame on their tyres width.
Better pass a safety rule that bicycle tyre width must be at least 2 inches to be road worthy on Singapore roads. Failure to comply will be fined $2K. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(25-09-2022, 12:06 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Better pass a safety rule that bicycle tyre width must be at least 2 inches to be road worthy on Singapore roads. Failure to comply will be fined $2K. .... Big Grin

Likely by someone in the tyre business. Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes SotongOngTee's post

This proved that cyclists are stupid. They need education and training to teach them their fugging wheels will get stuck in drainage cover.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

the design of the grating is wrong. it should be in small grids and not the existing long rectangles.

Just like PAP craft policies to fit themselves

or to benefit citizens?

Will idiots buy bicycles to fit themselves

or to fit the roads?

Which idiot will buy a Racer when going for a Mountain ride?

Which idiot will use a Cruise bike in Hong Kong?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(25-09-2022, 10:34 AM)wendychan Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...n-gratings

The cycling community must be foreigners again

The road in SG has to fit 5 types of vehicles and for 2 purposes

They think cycling is like FT#1 Policy?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(25-09-2022, 12:06 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Better pass a safety rule that bicycle tyre width must be at least 2 inches to be road worthy on Singapore roads. Failure to comply will be fined $2K. .... Big Grin

Just do that will do. Also get them to send their bicycle to vicom yearly for inspection.

The gratings need a new design for motorists & cyclists to coexist safely

They cannot be covered or else flooded roads cause more harm to motorists

(25-09-2022, 12:19 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  the design of the grating is wrong. it should be in small grids and not the existing long rectangles.

You must be a cyclist …. those drainage grills are suppose to prevent leafs going into the drain but big enough for rain water to flow in ….smaller grids will choked the grills preventing rain water flow
This drainage grills ….. ARE NOT MEANT FOR CYCLIST CONVENIENCE

(25-09-2022, 12:19 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  the design of the grating is wrong. it should be in small grids and not the existing long rectangles.

Dude, LTA design the road side grating according to main considerations based on rainfall rate, PUB drainage data and standard grating spec like vehicle loads etc...

Those humble looking street-side steel-iron covers are far more engineered for a single purpose than many are aware of. Are cyclists paying road tax for those ?

https://www.pub.gov.sg/Documents/PUB_COP...dition.pdf
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(25-09-2022, 01:02 PM)icarus Wrote:  The gratings need a new design for motorists & cyclists to coexist safely

They cannot be covered or else flooded roads cause more harm to motorists

You must be a cyclist …. motorists have no issue with them … its the stupid pest cyclists.
Next thing, they want removal of pedestrians because the slows them down on the walkway

(25-09-2022, 01:05 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  You must be a cyclist …. motorists have no issue with them … its the stupid pest cyclists.
Next thing, they want removal of pedestrians because the slows them down on the walkway

Im not a cyclist. But have been a victim of speedy cyclist on footpath who should be on the road instead

I don't think they will do anything about it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-09-2022, 01:14 PM)icarus Wrote:  Im not a cyclist. But have been a victim of speedy cyclist on footpath who should be on the road instead

Cyclist to be on the road MUST be regulated with insurance, license plate, registration because of those greedy boll-less white pirates are scared of their white colonial traxhes Tour de France wanna be … they get scot-free breaking road laws

(25-09-2022, 01:14 PM)icarus Wrote:  Im not a cyclist. But have been a victim of speedy cyclist on footpath who should be on the road instead

I understand the unpleasant experience being surprised by a speeding cyclist coming up from behind..

I myself will ride on the road if I wanna speed or paced with a SBS bus...

And while  on shared walk ways, ALWAYS alert pedestrian when coming from behind and never never speed...

(25-09-2022, 01:30 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I understand the unpleasant experience being surprised by a speeding cyclist coming up from behind..

I myself will ride on the road if I wanna speed or paced with a SBS bus...

And while  on shared walk ways, ALWAYS alert pedestrian when coming from behind and never never speed...

another typical stupiak self entitled selfish Tour de France wanna be ….. speed and pace the bus to inconvenience other … later because of your stupidity … become road kill minced meat because of yourself game …. destroy a bus driver rice bowl, destroy his/her family when he need to go to jail ….. STill

I hope you become minced meat road kill soon  Clapping Fundance

(25-09-2022, 01:28 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Cyclist to be on the road MUST be regulated with insurance, license plate, registration because of those greedy boll-less white pirates are scared of their white colonial traxhes Tour de France wanna be … they get scot-free breaking road laws

Absolutely. They should be licensed, insured & subjected to road rules just like other motorists. I think that's for everyone's safety including theirs.