DBS CEO:if you start penalizing people , you will never build the culture you want

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/dbs-is...39014.html

Separately, Gupta said the bank is reviewing its infrastructure for ways to improve its recovery capabilities, in his first public comments after the most recent disruption to digital banking services.

The bank was slapped with higher capital requirements after the issues Singapore’s regulator called “unacceptable.”

Two earlier incidents were around software glitches, he said.

“The most recent thing was just coincidental,” he added, saying the bank’s infrastructure is robust.

In 2021, the bank suffered one of its worst digital disruptions in the past decade. In March this year, DBS’ digital banking services in Singapore were disrupted for about 10 hours. Just over a month later, its digital systems were again disrupted for 45 minutes, according to the bank.

“I’m a firm believer in the fact that if you start penalizing people every time something goes wrong, you will never build the kind of culture you want to build,” he said. “The culture of risk taking, entrepreneurship and winning.”

(09-05-2023, 07:44 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/dbs-is...39014.html

Separately, Gupta said the bank is reviewing its infrastructure for ways to improve its recovery capabilities, in his first public comments after the most recent disruption to digital banking services.

The bank was slapped with higher capital requirements after the issues Singapore’s regulator called “unacceptable.”

Two earlier incidents were around software glitches, he said.

“The most recent thing was just coincidental,” he added, saying the bank’s infrastructure is robust.

In 2021, the bank suffered one of its worst digital disruptions in the past decade. In March this year, DBS’ digital banking services in Singapore were disrupted for about 10 hours. Just over a month later, its digital systems were again disrupted for 45 minutes, according to the bank.

“I’m a firm believer in the fact that if you start penalizing people every time something goes wrong, you will never build the kind of culture you want to build,” he said. “The culture of risk taking, entrepreneurship and winning.”

Like that can ask our dear Mr CEO, I go gamble with Bank's money.. that is call risk taking, entrepreneurship and winning.. If I lose the bank's money, customer's problem? Like that better put yr money in T bill..

At least ah gong lesser risk to lose money..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

Don't lah Dubai …. can't even make sure everything working in SG …. these india variant black fungus ganges sewage CECA culture is always half fugg

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Tangsen's post

DBS CEO :if you start penalizing people , you will never build the culture you want.........

But if you start scamming their people, using a bank they built!. We, CECA, are helping them to build a STUPID CULTURE THEY WANT

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!

Ok confirmed this ceo is a lanjiao lang.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

What he said could be true in a R&D environment, but I don't see how it can apply to a bank. As for investment, that's how the game is played. One can make big money when things work so why can't he be penalised if it fails?

Money want to take and yet don't want to be responsible for mistakes! What an ash hole!
[+] 3 users Like Pass-by's post

The worst is penalising other people for their own mistakes

Or act blur when ownself make mistakes

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

This lan jiao CEO must be sacked.

Talk nonsense.

What risk taking is there to ensure a have a safe secured IT systems to protect customers money?

OMG, you idiot telling me that your CECA IT guys are masak masak, trying to reinvent the wheel?

Sack this idiot !!!
[+] 3 users Like SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

This year make sure the ahneh bonus is $0 Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Never do a good job how to be rewarded so much???

DBS bank is a sell! No $10 no buy Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

go back to where u came n give freedom to rape to kill to burn. just because you found freedom in sg to run the way you wanted doesnt mean we must believe in all that you do. modi shld trust u to run indias banks right? why arent he calling u? or u dont like rupee?

Really speechless when the leader allow a FT to use majoriy of the local money to invest in his homeland .
Who will benefit the most?
Who will be accountable by endorsing such move?
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

(09-05-2023, 10:34 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Really speechless when the leader allow a FT to use majoriy of the local money to invest in his homeland .
Who will benefit the most?
Who will be accountable by endorsing such move?

UK no EU wouldnt die one
SG no PAP  wouldnt die one also

-------------

Very satki superb culture indeed.

https://twitter.com/Stats_of_India/statu...8741518336
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/indian-dung-festival-gorehabba-diwali-547626
[Image: indian-dung-festival-celebrates-end-to-d...k=6M420Mqy]
[Image: Z7WSPNQWZJLG7LRW6UFT2WZCAE.jpg]
https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indian-doctors-warn-against-cow-dung-covid-cure-2021-05-11/
[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-29-114317.jpg]
[Image: ZudHHxzZyHqbJJ7xzOlRzFGRhCOxYqqbFNZ2jiE7...b2aa937262]
[Image: 9544979597_cbae7c0d2e_b.jpg]
[Image: Holy-Ganges_2946685b.jpg?imwidth=680]
[+] 3 users Like lioncityftw's post

Unfortunately nothing will happen to him as long as DBS shows a nice profit. Investors don't really care for such hiccups.

This is the same rationale as why PAP could continue to ignore us because they have many supporters like the oyk in this forum.

This is the result of Singapore open legs CECA policy.

CECA runs DBS into trouble and refuse to accept responsibility.

Fug the CECA policy and the morons who agree with this!
[+] 2 users Like aiptasia's post

屁use must be crazy, he is just a worker as are his tech monkeys. How does entrepreneurship and risk taking come into the picture?
PAP should clean their glasses and recognize that this worker is a fraud. Tharman warned him. MAS warned him.
His board chair had to come out like a stupid fool bow before sinkies. Just fire him and replace with a competent fellow lah
[+] 3 users Like Truebluesg's post

(09-05-2023, 10:12 PM)Pass-by Wrote:  Money want to take and yet don't want to be responsible for mistakes! What an ash hole!

Must follow the govt standard else kena f...

(09-05-2023, 10:52 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  This is the result of Singapore open legs CECA policy.

CECA runs DBS into trouble and refuse to accept responsibility.

Fug the CECA policy and the morons who agree with this!

[Image: IMG-0241.jpg]

Oyk, come here and defend your CECA masters! LMFAO
[+] 2 users Like aiptasia's post

NO BLAME CLULTURE?

OWNSELF CHECK?

THis guy prime candidate for politics

people like him must burn in hell

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 2 users Like wendychan's post

LKY will never never tolerate this type of response from an organisation that makes the same breakdown again and again. He will have to give 10 good reasons why he should not F...k off. Further in LKY's book, no one is indispensable... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 3 users Like Huliwang's post

(10-05-2023, 08:24 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Oyk, come here and defend your CECA masters!  LMFAO
That oyk CECA already shaking tail with all his CECA buddies.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(09-05-2023, 07:44 PM)forum456 Wrote:  ....Two earlier incidents were around software glitches, he said.

I am firm believer that when a CECA manager tells you 2 "software glitches" and 3rd time is "just coincidental", it is exposes the damage is already done - The rot HAS SPREAD from the top

Angry .

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(10-05-2023, 09:17 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  LKY will never never tolerate this type of response from an organisation that makes the same breakdown again and again. He will have to give 10 good reasons why he should not F...k off. Further in LKY's book, no one is indispensable... Rolleyes

Yes no one is indispensable. This is where LKY strengths stands in glaring contrast to his son. LKY would had fired him on the spot and stood up to modi/ india
while the son grovels and cowers before the motherland.
屁use should be fired immediately. already the motherland thinks it actually owns singapore
[+] 2 users Like Truebluesg's post

We only need to look at Wall Street to know that when bankers escape unscathed for their mistakes, the mistakes will keep repeating until the outcome got more and more disastrous.

And then what happened to those bankers? Enjoying their holidays while others pay the tab.

He is making fun of Sg law lah. Rotfl

无信不成立, this is what happened in India.

Those enterprises who went to invest in India and lost big $$$, 真的是活该!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(09-05-2023, 10:29 PM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  This lan jiao CEO must be sacked.

Talk nonsense.

What risk taking is there to ensure a have a safe secured IT systems to protect customers money?

OMG, you idiot telling me that your CECA IT guys are masak masak, trying to reinvent the wheel?

Sack this idiot !!!

Not just sack this CEO CECA motherfuϲker, also must investigate whether he is corrupted or not, must check his office toilet bowl issit made of gold or not.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

A culture of unaccountable & not taking responsibility.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin