DBS CEO:if you start penalizing people , you will never build the culture you want

What the CEO means is don’t blame him for the bank’s recent cockup.

hara kiri....
https://mothership.sg/2015/02/khaw-boon-...anagement/

unless you are from PAP set...

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(10-05-2023, 09:17 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  LKY will never never tolerate this type of response from an organisation that makes the same breakdown again and again. He will have to give 10 good reasons why he should not F...k off. Further in LKY's book, no one is indispensable... Rolleyes

of course 
though LKY did not fully support building the MRT
it is OTC who insisted MRT in singapore
at least LKY get someone great like OTC to see that the MRT is working order during when LKY was in the helm
LKT ban chewing gums to aid OTC dreams of getting the MRT in working in singapore smoothing

MRT problem started after LKY no longer in the helm 
the son get overpaid CEO to head the MRT leading to lot of breakdown and disaster

(10-05-2023, 12:15 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  of course 
though LKY did not fully support building the MRT
it is OTC who insisted MRT in singapore
at least LKY get someone great like OTC to see that the MRT is working order during when LKY was in the helm
LKT ban chewing gums to aid OTC dreams of getting the MRT in working in singapore smoothing

MRT problem started after LKY no longer in the helm 
the son get overpaid CEO to head the MRT leading to lot of breakdown and disaster

adding to history , both the overpaid CEOs of SMRT and DBS chose to cut cost by sacrificing Quality and service in order to boost profits.
SMRT's cheap cable ties solution broke down
DBS cheap IT notalent broke down
lesson learnt?
Sometimes, ancient wisdom is there for a purpose, heed what the old man says. don't trust the crooked nose

(10-05-2023, 12:37 PM)Truebluesg Wrote:  adding to history , both the overpaid CEOs of SMRT and DBS chose to cut cost by sacrificing Quality and service in order to boost profits.
SMRT's cheap cable ties solution broke down
DBS cheap IT notalent broke down
lesson learnt?
Sometimes, ancient wisdom is there for a purpose, heed what the old man says. don't trust the crooked nose

LKY do not need million dollars paycheck to start singapore up from the beginning

the son only focus on million dollars paychecks thinking that he is getting quality people to work for him

but only got scammer to trick him and the people who made him PM

greedy people do not solve people problems
greedy people are sly, sweeping dirt under the carpet

I spoke to some government scholars (when they were still students) before. They are of the opinion that scholars, if make mistakes, ought to be given more chances than others because the govt has already spent so much money on them. It'll be like wasting resources if they are "eliminated" immediately after making mistakes.

No right or wrong to their thinking, but this is what many of them thought.

i think gupta's time is up!
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

(10-05-2023, 01:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I spoke to some government scholars (when they were still students) before. They are of the opinion that scholars, if make mistakes, ought to be given more chances than others because the govt has already spent so much money on them. It'll be like wasting resources if they are "eliminated" immediately after making mistakes.

George Yeo is good politician.
lost election
move out and become CEO elsewhere 
never come back to politic

not like some who lost election still got face to become minister
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(09-05-2023, 07:44 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/dbs-is...39014.html

Separately, Gupta said the bank is reviewing its infrastructure for ways to improve its recovery capabilities, in his first public comments after the most recent disruption to digital banking services.

The bank was slapped with higher capital requirements after the issues Singapore’s regulator called “unacceptable.”

Two earlier incidents were around software glitches, he said.

“The most recent thing was just coincidental,” he added, saying the bank’s infrastructure is robust.

In 2021, the bank suffered one of its worst digital disruptions in the past decade. In March this year, DBS’ digital banking services in Singapore were disrupted for about 10 hours. Just over a month later, its digital systems were again disrupted for 45 minutes, according to the bank.

“I’m a firm believer in the fact that if you start penalizing people every time something goes wrong, you will never build the kind of culture you want to build,” he said. “The culture of risk taking, entrepreneurship and winning.”

tell this to PAP lar.

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(10-05-2023, 01:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I spoke to some government scholars (when they were still students) before. They are of the opinion that scholars, if make mistakes, ought to be given more chances than others because the govt has already spent so much money on them. It'll be like wasting resources if they are "eliminated" immediately after making mistakes.

wrong.
make first or one mistake is a mistake.
make 2nd or repeat mistake is incompetence.
incompetence needs demotion or sack
[+] 3 users Like forum456's post

3 strikes and you are OUT, 皮use!!!

(10-05-2023, 09:49 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I am firm believer that when a CECA manager tells you 2 "software glitches" and 3rd time is "just coincidental", it is exposes the damage is already done - The rot HAS SPREAD from the top

Angry 

OMG, DBS........ Thinking CECA
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

I long ago  closed all but one account with DBS.
That account is my good old POSB acct with min without that monthly "service charge".
I will not do any further business with DBS as long as that CECA is in charge.

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(09-05-2023, 10:12 PM)Pass-by Wrote:  Money want to take and yet don't want to be responsible for mistakes! What an ash hole!
But, that Lao Goh woman wil said it is peanuts. Very thick-skinned and xia suay.

This india ceca very yaya...must petition to tell him step down

Some managers have conduct that serioaly need to be dealt with

To them, no penalty or reprimand is a sign of encouragement, seen that many times

Those expendables they mostly likely will penalise

Those hold oxygen tanks who control your breathing are above reprimanding

2 sets of rules

Even lord of the rings, the evil also go one standard one rule ,one ring rule them all
Coincidentally, dbs big believer in gandalf, which is widely publicised
The ceo is protecting his own countrymen clearly, We shall see what who in final report

(10-05-2023, 09:49 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I am firm believer that when a CECA manager tells you 2 "software glitches" and 3rd time is "just coincidental", it is exposes the damage is already done - The rot HAS SPREAD from the top

Angry .
If it happened the 3rd time, sack the CEO. He is totally useless.

The love of money is a Root of all Evil…
Why this. is true?
Over these decades you can see because of money many can disregard basic human's needs.
Human' s heart becoming Callous!

Dbs just keep sucking money from the masses by going low interest to depositors and charging fall below fee of $2 per month. Their record profit is no brainer and no enterprise skills.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

Very niche culture indeed...

[Image: TBKCuYc.png]

https://www.amazon.in/-/hi/Cow-Dung-Cake/dp/B098XSL5F8

[Image: Capture.png]
[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

DBS Bank CEO Piyush Gupta's alma mater is populated with cheaters

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2020/10/...mater.html
[+] 2 users Like Reddishday's post

(10-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Dbs just keep sucking money from the masses by going low interest to depositors and charging fall below fee of $2 per month. Their record profit is no brainer and no enterprise skills.

Quality of DBS services , apps etc have been sacrificed so that the  油 can pay himself a higher salary. While the public have to suffer breakdowns , poor services and lowest quality sh*t compared to other even smaller banks.
Really treat the people like suckers this bank