Difference between LKY and LHL in managing style

LKY will want the chiefs to take responsibility for their ministry/agency and will not hesitate to replace them if they don't perform. 

LHL will say that his chiefs are talents and cannot be held responsible for the poorly executed plans. It's always their underlings that do not perform rather than the leaders.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

LKY made 3 distinct mistakes
Stop At Two policy
Graduate parents
Creating LHL is his greatest and most unforgiveable mistake

LHL's greatest and most lovable mistake is marrying Meghan Ho which dwarf all the rest and still counting.
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

Pinkie sore point is to have a lao peh who average score is 99 points.

How to win him unless pinkie score 100 points.

And ppl are bound to compare him with his lao peh..

So sad sad..

Doesn't help he marry a wife who... You got see Mrs LKY came out and point here point there meh, even thought she was as smart, or even smarter than LKY..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(12-05-2023, 12:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  LKY will want the chiefs to take responsibility for their ministry/agency and will not hesitate to replace them if they don't perform. 

LHL will say that his chiefs are talents and cannot be held responsible for the poorly executed plans. It's always their underlings that do not perform rather than the leaders.

NOW THAN YOU KNOW?

This is why people say LHL is WEAK as a leader.

Ish small minded.  Using a monkey  show third finger and giving a pathetic excuse. Poor disrespectful dressing to boot.  Culture of elitism where talents can do no wrong Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

The biggest difference is LKY kept his team on their toes at all time. This useless son is sleeping with his team most of the time.  Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(12-05-2023, 12:25 PM)Dan Wrote:  LKY made 3 distinct mistakes
Stop At Two policy
Graduate parents

LHL's greatest and most lovable mistake is marrying Meghan Ho which dwarf all the rest and still counting.

Stop at 2 policy is like " No choice " my parents told me during early days jobs are not say a lot despite SG is progressing.
imaging population spike later no jobs , wonder around the street become gangster?

This is WHAT HAPPEN IN India in fact. Their population is growing very fast but come jobs actually everyone is fighting for one and this is why a lot of them become scammer, gangster , etc end of the day , crime rate increase there as usual.

Graduate parents - hard truths....you look around those rich people usually their other half also rich well educated.
You got see Doctor/Lawyer marry with a lower educated ones? Even there is , is nearly just 1 percent hardly.

THIS IS THE ONE , THE REAL MISTAKE but heard rumours Actually LKY want to push LHY into Politics. He do mention this son of his is more smarter etc. but end of the day during that time he don't have the intention to go politics so end up LHL go aka Ex SAF Scholar..

(12-05-2023, 05:39 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  The biggest difference is LKY kept his team on their toes at all time. This useless son is sleeping with his team most of the time.  Rolleyes

You see the Public service already tell u ....what Quality there? worst they still wanna increase Town Council charges.

LKY days , he will go question that Minister , MP if he not happen to see.

got one ex NEA high managment staff even mention before LKY is very Strict come Public services.
Got one time he happen at SG River saw got rubbish. He straight away call him up and tell him next day he don't want to see any rubbish at SG river.

Why is LHL compared so unfavorably with his lau peh?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(12-05-2023, 05:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Why is LHL compared so unfavorably with his lau peh?

He cannot talk as well as his Dad. To be a successful politician one need to know when and how to talk. If his father is around, our armored vehicles would not have been detained in HK harbor. That is the result of anyhow talk without considering the consequences.

(12-05-2023, 05:55 PM)sgh Wrote:  He cannot talk as well as his Dad. To be a successful politician one need to know when and how to talk. If his father is around, our armored vehicles would not have been detained in HK harbor. That is the result of anyhow talk without considering the consequences.

Chinese saying... trouble comes out from the mouth and sickness goes in through the mouth. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(12-05-2023, 05:55 PM)sgh Wrote:  He cannot talk as well as his Dad. To be a successful politician one need to know when and how to talk. If his father is around, our armored vehicles would not have been detained in HK harbor. That is the result of anyhow talk without considering the consequences.

He thought he was being funny with his pork soup and  air pollution jokes Big Grin

(12-05-2023, 06:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  He thought he was being funny with his pork soup and  air pollution jokes Big Grin

Well they confiscate our armored vehicles also joke lor. You do first day we do fifteen day

(12-05-2023, 06:31 PM)sgh Wrote:  Well they confiscate our armored vehicles also joke lor. You do first day we do fifteen day

No gib face to Ah loong

(12-05-2023, 06:45 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  No gib face to Ah loong

His face in comparison to his dad is heaven and earth.

Just like how Vivi cock up so many times but he never had to be accountable for any of them.

one supplied singaporeans with good jobs if any definitely

the other behkan one keeps supplying foreigners with good jobs indefinitely

one tried giving singaporeans a good life ahead

again,

the other behkan one import foreigners to mess up singaporeans' way of life

(12-05-2023, 06:46 PM)sgh Wrote:  His face in comparison to his dad is heaven and earth.

Comparison to "one strand of leg hair"

He blames 2 Gurkhas guards when Selamat escaped rather than Home Affairs Minister.

(12-05-2023, 12:25 PM)Dan Wrote:  LKY made 3 distinct mistakes
Stop At Two policy
Graduate parents

LHL's  greatest and most lovable mistake is marrying Meghan Ho which dwarf all the rest and still counting.

Despite these mistakes, Singapore grew to have GDP higher than Switzerland. 

The stop at 2 policy we feeling the impact now they are using low birth rate to import foreigners.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-05-2023, 06:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  He thought he was being funny with his pork soup and  air pollution jokes Big Grin

untasteful joke back fire.

(16-05-2023, 06:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Despite these mistakes, Singapore grew to have GDP higher than Switzerland. 

The stop at 2 policy we feeling the impact now they are using low birth rate to import foreigners.

The problem of importing is that they did follow I Ching.

The backslash impact later is beyond your imagination.
Every thing has both sides. Dont only see at the good side.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(12-05-2023, 05:31 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Pinkie sore point is to have a lao peh who average score is 99 points.

How to win him under pinkie score 100 points.

And ppl are bound to compare him with his lao peh..

So sad sad..

Doesn't help he marry a wife who... You got see Mrs LKY came out and point here point there meh, even thought she was as smart, or even smarter than LKY..

Only know how to show monkey 3rd finger and wear char kiat to international official functions.  

Such low  SES behavior very unbecoming.

And defend Temasek when it clearly made colossal mistakes under her watch.

How to be president rike that? Big Grin

LKY - iron hand

LHL - tolerant hand

LKY asked his wife to keep quiet on state affairs
LHL was told by his wife to keep quiet on her salary

(12-05-2023, 12:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  LKY will want the chiefs to take responsibility for their ministry/agency and will not hesitate to replace them if they don't perform. 

mangement outcome

[Image: seftsfgl-jpg.29099]

One can cat walk 
One got iron fists

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

This is WHY Sham and Vivian go overboard come this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMKtZTfYCI

Since LHL the Boss zzzz He don't have an Iron in hand control his Ministers down to MPs , to low tier civil servants.