Do the 4th Gen leaders have a road map for better quality of life for S'poreans?

If there is I have not seen it articulated with any clarity...

So far one year after another we see housing becoming less affordable.  Increase competition leading to high stress in our society. There is no improvement in birth rate.  What was attainable by ordinary Singaporeans in the past like cars is no longer possible for most. Increase cost of living .... our govt campaign for people to work longer and retire later.

Increasingly Singaporeans worry more about job security and high healthcare costs. Recent changes to Medical care include restrictions on type of cancer drugs can be used to save your life that can claim insurance. So when you are most sick you also need to worry whether you can afford to save your own life.

Why would any one support a system that just get worse with time?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

4 means what?
Dead end

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(06-05-2023, 10:08 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  4 means what?
Dead end

I hope not.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

they are entitled beings

sinkies ought to feed them for them to retire comfortably

[Image: 20230423_151243.gif]

(06-05-2023, 10:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If there is I have not seen it articulated with any clarity...

So far one year after another we see housing becoming less affordable.  Increase competition leading to high stress in our society. There is no improvement in birth rate.  What was attainable by ordinary Singaporeans in the past like cars is no longer possible for most. Increase cost of living .... our govt campaign for people to work longer and retire later.

Increasingly Singaporeans worry more about job security and high healthcare costs. Recent changes to Medical care include restrictions on type of cancer drugs can be used to save your life that can claim insurance. So when you are most sick you also need to worry whether you can afford to save your own life.

Why would any one support a system that just get worse with time?

Ans is no

Have any future activities sharing as now like nothing yet

I propose these as ideas to adopt to improve the lives of Singaporeans.

It makes no sense to just grow GDP and at the sane time peddle backwards on quality of life.
1. Medical care reform to reduce out of pocket payments. Improve preventive care and reduce need for additional insurance to cover gaps left by public system.

2. Housing reform. Stop BTO. Limit foreign ownership of residential property because they mostly buy for investments. Build ahead of demand so that young couples don't wait. They can settle down faster, cheaper and start their families.

3. Transport reform. Needs based car ownership.

4. Education reform. Improve access to university education to the levels in other developed Asian countries. Singapore govt js the only one more keen to educate children of foreigners than own Singaporeans.

5. Improve elder care. With ageing population the strain on caregivers is rising and recent months the number of elderly dying alone is a stark reminder that more needs to be done.

6. Pension reform. Implement a universal national pension scheme so that people can retire without working until they are in their 70s.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Walk in sick people to polyclinics get turned away as it is fully booked. Must go online to book also fully booked. looks like system no longer cares you drop dead in front of them doctors who come 5pm pack go home macam office staff.

(07-05-2023, 08:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I propose these as ideas to adopt to improve the lives of Singaporeans.

It makes no sense to just grow GDP and at the sane time peddle backwards on quality of life.
1. Medical care reform to reduce out of pocket payments. Improve preventive care and reduce need for additional insurance to cover gaps left by public system.

2. Housing reform. Stop BTO. Limit foreign ownership of residential property because they mostly buy for investments. Build ahead of demand so that young couples don't wait. They can settle down faster, cheaper and start their families.

4. Education reform. Improve access to university education to the levels  in other developed Asian countries.  Singapore govt js the only one more keen to educate children of foreigners than own Singaporeans.

5. Improve elder care. With ageing population the strain on caregivers is rising and recent months the number of elderly dying alone is a stark reminder that more needs to be done.

6. Pension reform. Implement a universal national pension scheme so that people can retire without working until they are in their 70s.

PAP already said many times that your ideas are robbing the reserves.
only a new govt will accept your ideas.

Thailand election this month..singapore media will broadcast widely how messy situation there is if there are riots n unrest and our PAP will come out say we singaporeans are Lucky we have a Good Govt. Heehee

(07-05-2023, 08:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I propose these as ideas to adopt to improve the lives of Singaporeans.

4. Education reform. Improve access to university education to the levels  in other developed Asian countries.  Singapore govt js the only one more keen to educate children of foreigners than own Singaporeans.

To be fair, all your proposals are lacking in details. How to fund them and achieve them? Your so called proposals are just like a kid demanding this and that but don't care how to achieve it. Chui gong lan pa song. They sound wonderful only.

(06-05-2023, 10:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If there is I have not seen it articulated with any clarity...

Are these clear enough?

[Image: bus-stop.jpg]

[Image: Amy-bustop-dusbin.jpg]

[Image: 335089910-1589375864881185-1071239804780...96x928.jpg]

in other developed countries, the new govt will accept your ideas if current govt reject your ideas.

in singapore, there is no new govt even if current govt rejects your ideas.
the voters are the root cause of all the mentioned problems and not PAP govt.
need all pioneer generation voters to pass away and then the younger voters can vote for new govt.

supply and demand rule always works.
PAP or new govt is the supply and voters are the demand.
if the voters do not demand, PAP will not change or new govt will not form.
voters are the root cause of all of our problems.

The title is correct if we change to last word from 'Singaporean' to 'their MP'

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

Import FT non stop

Smile

currently only 40% voters are demanding and 60% voters do not demand.
this is not good enough because PAP still has monopoly in parliament.
at least, we need 50% voters to demand , PAP will feel the pressure to accept your ideas.
it means all pioneer generation voters must pass away first.

They have screwed up Sg. Rotfl

This is Sinkie destiny.

[Image: giphy-8.gif]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: IMG-7508.gif]

To Live In Sg. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

once pioneer generation and merdeka generation pass away, LKY effect will not have effect on the future voters because they do not know who is LKY.

PAP will be like a normal party because LKY is foreign to future voters.

my guess is that you will have to wait until the 6th generation PAP leaders to see if they will accept your ideas.

(07-05-2023, 10:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  To be fair, all your proposals are lacking in details. How to fund them and achieve them? Your so called proposals are just like a kid demanding this and that but don't care how to achieve it. Chui gong lan pa song. They sound wonderful only.

The funding already has been worked out in the psp manifesto.

By recognizing 1% of all existing  leasehold land  value as revenues every year there is sufficient to pay for all of the above. Eventually these are returned to govt and they can sell the land again to refresh their coffers  so it is sustainable and money taken from Singaporeans' who pay so much for homes returned to benefit them.

As the space in a forum posting is limited I suggest you read the PSP manifesto and Hazel Poa idea on this.

4g lead and nurture by pinky who himself is capable of nothing

what do you think of the 4g when the current one leading is over estimated