Dr M say SG belong to Malaysia

(21-06-2022, 12:27 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually for my point of views is MY side, Dr M etc they see LKY is not a " simple person " very aggressive , want power etc so better kick this person out.

I happen to see one video , Dr M give talks in forum from Youtube I forget the link .

He " joke " his good friend up there. Why he say that? Obviously he and LKY are the same " want Power and aggressive "

As people always say A mountain cannot have two tigers.

Singapore kena expelled from the Federation of Malaysia not because one mountain cannot have 2 tigers lah. Tengku Abdul Rahman felt that his temple was too small to keep LKY who wanted a "Malaysian Malaysia" whereas UMNO wanted a "Malay Malaysia". Extracted from Wiki....

Quote:Some politicians in the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) thought Malaysian Malaysia threatened the Malays' special position in Malaysia. They considered Lee to be a dangerous and seditious political threat and trouble-maker; one politician called him a traitor to the country and that he should be arrested. The more moderate Prime Minister of MalaysiaTunku Abdul Rahman, was perturbed by the campaign. He thought it would lead to trouble, as he believed that the Malays were not ready to compete without their special privileges at this time.

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

As US corp dola mati
it might be a good idea
think of the glorious foods
Indonesia might be better
she is 5th largest in the world.
https://youtu.be/zzN6x0WETCo

(20-06-2022, 10:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  What I know is like actually they see LKY is not a simple person want power.

So the usual internal conflicts etc

Than LKY say ok let’s split than

So SG separate from MY.

We were kicked out.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(20-06-2022, 09:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually tactically speaking is true if trace back how LKY declare SG independent from MY.

Take out your history book lah!

(21-06-2022, 01:19 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  except on Brokeback Mountain

Rotfl

(21-06-2022, 02:16 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Singapore kena expelled from the Federation of Malaysia not because one mountain cannot have 2 tigers lah. Tengku Abdul Rahman felt that his temple was too small to keep LKY who wanted a "Malaysian Malaysia" whereas UMNO wanted a "Malay Malaysia". Extracted from Wiki....

I think many don't understand the tradeoff.
If a majority race falls far behind in economic race and it will use voting power to gain back what it believes it lost.

If the majority race become too poor situation can be like Indonesia during Asian crisis. Violence break out and Chinese were the victims.

The malaysian system have fallen behind economically but it stays ahead of Thai and indonesia. It's per capita GDP is same or higher than China.

The ideal proposed by LKY a Malaysian Malaysia may not have worked it  would revert to race politics.

It take centuries sometimes never for harmonious integration and for overall benefits to be realised.

We see in middle east where minority sects to ruoe majority is always by dictators like Saddam and Assad. The result is bloodshed.

I think Malaysia has done well. The system has its own merits. Yes it appears unfair and does not fulfll it's full potential but it is stable.

Over time the Chinese find their way around starting their own businesses sending their children overseas make use of opportunities in Singapore etc.

The Chinese diaspora adapts and works with any system.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-06-2022, 10:07 PM)RichDad Wrote:  We used to be part of the Malayan peninsula. Raffles neg with the ah gong to let UK colonise us.

Malaya and then Singapura were governed by the British before. With the withdrawal of the British forces , Singapura was left vulnerable. That was why we were United to Malaya for more protection. But LKY saw that we the Chinese minority in the grouping will be under the Bumis. So we split from them to be what we are today. My opinion.

tomorrow will be a better day

FA start this thread and it has no reference. Dr. m has said many things as he has been around a long time. A lot of the stuff he says is purposely to stir sentiment, stir tension etc.

It is most harmful when you fall for the ruse. Like 2 yrs ago he purposely park 2 ships.in our waters to see what we do.

To listen and react to his action is to fall into trickery. He survive so long in politics because he is cunning and patient.

At he end of the day he is a rational person and stalemate many issues like causeway, water and Malaysian CPF. Nothing serious resulted from disputes and these disputes serve as outlet jto vent and release unhappiness.

On a few years he will be gone...and don't know who will be in charge of Malaysia. There is this phrase ....sometimes it is better to have the devil you know well in charge.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(21-06-2022, 06:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think many don't understand the tradeoff.
If a majority race falls far behind in economic race and it will use voting power to gain back what it believes it lost.

If the majority race become too poor situation can be like Indonesia during Asian crisis. Violence break out and Chinese were the victims.

The malaysian system have fallen behind economically but it stays ahead of Thai and indonesia. It's per capita GDP is same or higher than China.

The ideal proposed by LKY a Malaysian Malaysia may not have worked it  would revert to race politics.

It take centuries sometimes never for harmonious integration and for overall benefits to be realised.

We see in middle east where minority sects to ruoe majority is always by dictators like Saddam and Assad. The result is bloodshed.

I think Malaysia has done well. The system has its own merits. Yes it appears unfair and does not fulfll it's full potential but it is stable.

Over time the Chinese find their way around starting their own businesses sending their children overseas make use of opportunities in Singapore etc.

The Chinese diaspora adapts and works with any system.

This system is way past its due date. They should now put in effort to help the poor regardless of race instead of continuing to impose restrictions on the other races. The reason is that not all Malays are "poor". Many are rich by whatever means. In fact very rich.

It is time to discard this system (should have been done at least 15 years ago). 

But the problem is that once this so-called "stable" system is put into existence, it will be very difficult to remove because the privileges are given to the majority, not the minority. As you have pointed out, the majority will vote to prevent the right thing to be done which is to help the poor regardless of race instead of helping the race regardless of wealth.

(20-06-2022, 09:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually tactically speaking is true if trace back how LKY declare SG independent from MY.

Even LKY said Singapore will eventually returned to join Malaysia.

LKY knew Singapore's limitations

Putin calls Singapore Green agenda 'khaki'
wat 'khaki'
Putin knows
Singapore going to muffle online 'faulthoods'

(21-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Blin Wrote:  once echoed by woody.

Woody said Singapore can afford to give away one eye but God must promise to take two away from the neighbours

Enjoy to see others suffering.

We were the only country in the world declared Independent in sadness.(哭着独立)

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-06-2022, 07:36 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  We were the only country in the world declared Independent in sadness.(哭着独立)

Was it raining heavily when the emperor ascended the throne

Do not be afraid
world has changed
Melayu too slow to catch up
see only singlon original US corp dola sudah mati

(21-06-2022, 07:38 AM)singlon Wrote:  Do not be afraid
world has changed

There's still so many sotong sotong swimming in the deep

https://youtu.be/OVQsLQn0fTU?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ

(21-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Blin Wrote:  once echoed by woody.

Woody knew with Singapore being ranked No. 25 stupidest of the World's Top 25 Smartest countries..

No.57 World's literacy Index

No chance

(21-06-2022, 07:38 AM)singlon Wrote:  Do not be afraid
world has changed

They are becoming clever very fast. They already banned chicken export to Singapore. What's next will shock everyone...... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(21-06-2022, 08:00 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  They are becoming clever very fast. They already banned chicken export to Singapore. What's next will shock everyone...... Rolleyes

We will need to settle food shortage.
Just like settling water issue.
Not enough food, we will die of starvation.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(21-06-2022, 08:00 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  They are becoming clever very fast. They already banned chicken export to Singapore. What's next will shock everyone...... Rolleyes

Singapore becomes monkey

Tun sentence is wrong 

ed must be added to 'belong'

And if going back in history is important then Sg Temasek and Johore were parts of Riau Islands of Indonesia

But that 'belonging' ended with the Dutch and the British and the Japanese, and interferences in smaller ways by the Portuguese Spanish and Admiral Cheng Ho

Singapore was like a tumor to them at that time because Malaysia will have lots of Chinese and they 100% lose the election. Today, one Malay gave 6 children and Chinese has only 2. Malays have the majority. The "tumor" also look very delicious, and they wanted the "tumor" back.

Well, Govt is going downhill and maybe one day, Singapore will go back to Malaysia. Those Malaysians who are here as PRs or Converted Citizens may be under some watch list.

There were many telltale signs when Dr M became PM of Malaysia the 2nd time.

Firstly, PM Lee and Foreign Minister Bala rushing to meet Dr M @ his office in KL

Secondly, Ex PM Goh repeatedly saying Dr M is amazing many times @ Singapore NDP

Singapore cannot survive not only W/O water alone but will die W/O chicken as well.

intermission
OYK says OMICRON variant in 1~2 month

Thinking Laughing

(21-06-2022, 08:32 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Well, Govt is going downhill and maybe one day, Singapore will go back to Malaysia.  Those Malaysians who are here as PRs or Converted Citizens may be under some watch list.

It is quite scary if this day comes. Malaysia is a very racist country.

Already heard of friends and relatives that they went back to their ancestor hometown to claim their parent's house, and if this day happen, their whole family will have a house to go back to rather than becoming Malaysian.

https://youtu.be/EXm4Z1MaO1Y?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ