Electrician charges woman $2,300 for power trip caused by faulty fridge

Electrician charges woman $2,300 for power trip caused by faulty fridge, but claims circuit breaker needs to be replaced instead 

https://theindependent.sg/electrician-ch...d-instead/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(20-03-2023, 09:04 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Electrician charges woman $2,300 for power trip caused by faulty fridge, but claims circuit breaker needs to be replaced instead 

If the fridge is faulty it will only cause the circuit breaker serving it to trip, it could be an earth fault trip or a short circuit trip, in this case it is most probably a miniature circuit breaker to trip. In this case, the electrician only needs to reset the MCB(miniature Circuit Breaker), and all will be fine.......... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(20-03-2023, 09:47 PM)debono Wrote:  If the fridge is faulty it will only cause the circuit breaker serving it to trip, it could be an earth fault trip or a short circuit trip, in this case it is most probably a miniature circuit breaker to trip. In this case, the electrician only needs to reset the MCB(miniature Circuit Breaker), and all will be fine.......... Big Grin

MCB is mechanical circuit breaker lah.
You also need to check the MCB outside your unit got trip or not.

Sometimes it is also called RCCB.
Residual Current Circuit Breaker

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(20-03-2023, 09:04 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Electrician charges woman $2,300 for power trip caused by faulty fridge, but claims circuit breaker needs to be replaced instead 

Change a new fridge also no need so expensive lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 4 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Even change circuit breaker also don't need $2,300 right..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(20-03-2023, 09:56 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Even change circuit breaker also don't need $2,300 right..

A MCB(Miniature Circuit Breaker) cos only $15 to replace, cos it is modular in nature................. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Scammers need to b hang

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(20-03-2023, 10:04 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Scammers need to b hang

For that scope of work, it will never be $2,300.........it is daylight robbery.......................... Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like debono's post

(20-03-2023, 10:06 PM)debono Wrote:  For that scope of work, it will never be $2,300.........it is daylight robbery.......................... Big Grin

Mus b a FT ... deport him  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

Cut off the scammer's smelly kkj! Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

A lot gong kia customers nowadays ownself gong after tio con dare to kpkb …. Google search on Top one mostly advertising company and you know how much they need pay to Google for stay on top…. You call this type of company they already knew  you’re ah gong kia able to con surely they will chop you .. all ah gong kia customs thinking stay on TOp one mean Tok Kong company sibey gong tio boh ?!! 

Future don’t kancheong ask arounds sure can find good one 

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cwc29's post

(20-03-2023, 09:58 PM)debono Wrote:  A MCB(Miniature Circuit Breaker) cos only $15 to replace, cos it is modular in nature................. Big Grin

Dont laugh!

Check out '4 x ABB 25A circuit breakers (B20h', available at S$5 on #Carousell https://carousell.app.link/br3VR1D8jyb

(20-03-2023, 10:11 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  A lot gong kia customers nowadays ownself gong after tio con dare to kpkb …. Google search on Top one mostly advertising company and you know how much they need pay to Google for stay on top…. You call this type of company they already knew  you’re ah gong kia able to con surely they will chop you .. all ah gong kia customs thinking stay on TOp one mean Tok Kong company sibey gong tio boh ?!! 

Big Grin

Always caution when you deal with companies that got “Add” or “Sponsored” and Stay on Top on google search .. 99.99% of them = con man company lai de..

Clapping

(20-03-2023, 10:11 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  A lot gong kia customers nowadays ownself gong after tio con dare to kpkb …. Google search on Top one mostly advertising company and you know how much they need pay to Google for stay on top…. You call this type of company they already knew  you’re ah gong kia able to con surely they will chop you .. all ah gong kia customs thinking stay on TOp one mean Tok Kong company sibey gong tio boh ?!! 

Big Grin

That is a good advice...............keep calm and go for the right electrician........................ Big Grin

This electrician like not bad?  Rotfl

Check out 'Electrician  Service Call 98756516', available at S$0 on #Carousell https://carousell.app.link/RPXgnzb9jyb

Need to be careful when dealing with freelance electrician from carousell. I was charged 420 to replace 2 miniature MCB when u can get from DIY shop for less than 30 bucks.
[+] 1 user Likes KPO's post

(20-03-2023, 10:20 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Always caution when you deal with companies that got “Add” or “Sponsored” and Stay on Top on google search .. 99.99% of them = con man company lai de..

Clapping

Got few thousands 5 start review de also mostly con man company … nowadays review easily can buy from India so caution when you deal with this kind of con man company

(20-03-2023, 10:29 PM)KPO Wrote:  Need to be careful when dealing with freelance electrician from carousell. I was charged 420 to replace 2 miniature MCB when u can get from DIY shop for less than 30 bucks.

You must get 3 quotes first lah.

recently I blur

water kettle spoilt and trip power
I gong, forgot just simply go MCB to turn back on circuit breaker switch
call electrician
he asked 40
in the end I paid 30

but not so bad
I have one additional switch socket for him to
do, this one old and break

https://youtu.be/y8kp1DPS2GQ

(20-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Talent Wrote:  recently I blur

water kettle spoilt  and trip power
call electrician
he asked 40
in the end I paid 30

but not so bad

$30 is for the transport charges................and it is reasonable.................... Big Grin

(20-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Talent Wrote:  recently I blur

water kettle spoilt  and trip power
call electrician
he asked 40
in the end I paid 30

but not so bad

Trip again lor!
Fridge trip may cause your outdoor DB/CB trip.

(20-03-2023, 10:45 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Trip again lor!
Fridge trip may cause your outdoor DB/CB trip.

It is a cascading trip, the 20Amp MCB may trip first, followed by the main PUB MCB at the meterbox....................... Big Grin

confirm + chop usually Mostly is Malaysian.

So far I only know one Local Uncle is an electrician. He came to my hse fix few times before. His bro also an electrician used to do my house whole electric wiring when my parents ask him do while I just a kid.

Now I not sure he still around or not.

(20-03-2023, 10:44 PM)debono Wrote:  $30 is for the transport charges................and it is reasonable.................... Big Grin

if not for add one socket change

I am paying him 30 for nothing
I can just turn on circuit breaker switch

(20-03-2023, 11:05 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  confirm + chop usually Mostly is Malaysian.

So far I only know one Local Uncle is an electrician. He came to my hse fix few times before. His bro also an electrician used to do my house whole electric wiring when my parents ask him do while I just a kid.

That must be a trustworthy electrician................................. Big Grin

Idiot scammer.

We might as well go learn basic electrician skill at ITE.

https://www.ite.edu.sg/courses/course-fi...aintenance

Only $500 and can be covered by SkillsFuture.

(20-03-2023, 11:11 PM)debono Wrote:  That must be a trustworthy electrician................................. Big Grin

I mean now, hard to find Trusted electrican.

Malaysian ones Surely chop u

just like renovation , you really need to do lots of homework to hire one
this is why a lot Ah beng also into renovation, can easily profit a lot.

(20-03-2023, 11:19 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I mean now, hard to find Trusted electrican.

Malaysian ones Surely chop u

just like renovation , you really need to do lots of homework to hire one
this is why a lot Ah beng also into renovation, can easily profit a lot.

That is true, those ah beng type chops carrot heads................... Big Grin

(20-03-2023, 11:05 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  confirm + chop usually Mostly is Malaysian.

Sorry hor the person behind mostly Singaporean they doing advertising at google and sub out the works to Malaysian, China man and ah neh .. profits 30%- 70% Easy $$$.. 

Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes cwc29's post