Elite girls school refuse to enter Hindu temple

https://kuanyewism.com/2022/10/elite-sch...education/

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Very sensitive topic lah. Even Christian by faith in theory cannot enter temple be it Hindu or Chinese also. Secular school but the girls maybe got religion say Sunday school?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(30-10-2022, 01:03 PM)sgh Wrote:  Very sensitive topic lah. Even Christian by faith in theory cannot enter temple be it Hindu or Chinese also. Secular school but the girls maybe got religion say Sunday school?

Hmm... then the girls may be practicising a very extreme form of christianity.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I may make fun of ahnehs, but I will never disrespect their religion Smile

Maybe she is christian

shd respect their freedom of choice.
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

ah neh and CECA will rape you in there
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(30-10-2022, 01:03 PM)sgh Wrote:  Very sensitive topic lah. Even Christian by faith in theory cannot enter temple be it Hindu or Chinese also. Secular school but the girls maybe got religion say Sunday school?

Sounds like RGS. If school gives them the option  not to visit the temple, it is within their rights to exercise that option for whatever reason. If moi I got a bit of phobia abt incense , smokiness and deity statues that are not my own religion [I oso avoid Haw par villa]. Would have done the same given a choice [I have visited Hindu temples during school excursions decades ago, ok lah]. Having said that it is not against Christianity to visit foreign places of worship  as long as you are not there to worship or participate in the rituals.

i also christain

but there are christain and there are christain

there are the kong hee far choi christain and there are the non kong hee far choi christain
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

Sentinel is also a very good christian, His church is at Geylang Lor 18. After he piak piak he go to church to ask for
forgiveness from God. Yamen..

I think all christian are blind devotion. Just believe only want to go to heaven. where got free lunch???

Jesus said must do the Will of my father in heaven. Have u christian do that Will???

If u did not do His will, Jesus will said he dont know u..

Jesus said......"My mother and brother are those who do the Will of my father in heaven,

Not believe only, believe so what????,, he dont need christian to believe him, he is the Son of God,
whether u belive or not..

Believe Him must do like he call u to do, and that is to do the Will of his father in heaven......

I dunno about the Christian readers in here but from my former Christian fren (now no longer in touch as well and river water don't mix). He told me below

1. Christian not supposed to step into temple of non-Christian as it is wrong and your feet will burn as you step into their compound (figure of speech I guess)
2. Ppl who know of Christianity but refuse to accept is deemed to be sin deeper than a non-Christain who has not been in touch so when Judgement Day comes he is of "lesser" sin?
3. God created everything and that includes dinosaurs. My question then is why create and then wipe them out? It is a playground for his experimentation?
4. God say kill all first born Pharoah son when Moses attempt to secure the freedom for the Jews from Egyptians. Killing first born son is a compassionate God?
5. God ask Ibrahim to sacrifice his son to show his faith but stop him in time for the test. My question is for a test must set such question ask your follower to sacrifice his son?
6. God annihilate the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah ? When the ppl cannot be redeemed is to terminate them all and that is an act of a compassionate God?
7. No you cannot reject Old Testament and just embrace New Testament under Christain context. Why is becuz I ask OT is full of killing and violence and bloodshed committed so I don't agree cannot don't accept? I prefer NT onwards.

That is why to this day I am not a Christian even if I attend Sunday school when I am young and have an uncle who is a pastor. I am prepared to face my fate when Judgement Day comes (if it even exist in the first place since I am a disbeliever)
[+] 2 users Like sgh's post

ABNN catch u then n u know hor
[+] 1 user Likes limpeh394's post

(30-10-2022, 05:17 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  ABNN catch u then n u know hor

Haha 😂😂😂

so many suffering during the past 3 yrs and none help

My sister who is a christian refused to go to the columbarium to pay respect to my grandparents so what do you expect?

xtians dont worship statue why they erect big jesus, mary statue?

(30-10-2022, 09:32 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  xtians dont worship statue why they erect big jesus, mary statue?

xtians and Catholic got diff. I was told by my xtian fren. He told me to them Mary is just a human being chosen to give birth to Jesus nothing more or less. For Catholic Mary is highly respected or even worshipped. There lies the diff I guess. As for Jesus statue I not sure why

(30-10-2022, 05:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  I dunno about the Christian readers in here but from my former Christian fren (now no longer in touch as well and river water don't mix). He told me below

1. Christian not supposed to step into temple of non-Christian as it is wrong and your feet will burn as you step into their compound (figure of speech I guess)
2. Ppl who know of Christianity but refuse to accept is deemed to be sin deeper than a non-Christain who has not been in touch so when Judgement Day comes he is of "lesser" sin?
3. God created everything and that includes dinosaurs. My question then is why create and then wipe them out? It is a playground for his experimentation?
4. God say kill all first born Pharoah son when Moses attempt to secure the freedom for the Jews from Egyptians. Killing first born son is a compassionate God?
5. God ask Ibrahim to sacrifice his son to show his faith but stop him in time for the test. My question is for a test must set such question ask your follower to sacrifice his son?
6. God annihilate the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah ? When the ppl cannot be redeemed is to terminate them all and that is an act of a compassionate God?
7. No you cannot reject Old Testament and just embrace New Testament under Christain context. Why is becuz I ask OT is full of killing and violence and bloodshed committed so I don't agree cannot don't accept? I prefer NT onwards.

That is why to this day I am not a Christian even if I attend Sunday school when I am young and have an uncle who is a pastor. I am prepared to face my fate when Judgement Day comes (if it even exist in the first place since I am a disbeliever)

Let me enlighten you.
I Ching taught me.
可以是个基督徒,千万别成为基督教徒。
可以是个佛徒,千万别成为佛教徒。 Big Grin
因为有了“教”字,就会有个教主。
搞鬼的往往都是心术不正的教主。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Do not understand the logic behind.

(30-10-2022, 05:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  I dunno about the Christian readers in here but from my former Christian fren (now no longer in touch as well and river water don't mix). He told me below

like i said
there are christian and there are christian
there are the muslim and there are the muslim
and there are Buddhism and there are Buddism

i like the 1) point you wrote
cannot do this must do that
or
cannot do this or else......

those christian are just like the afghan taliban muslim
girls cannot go schools
cannot do this must do that
or
cannot do this or else......

i also a christian
my version of my christian is difference from the other christian
the bible and the Quran all can be misinterpreted for one man believe

just like the "kong hee" far choi christian

all can be misinterpreted for one man believe and not the GOD

the bible and the Quran all can be misinterpreted for a man believe to hijack the real GOD

but if you have the love of GOD and the love of HIS purpose of HIS creation
you will understand the bible or the Quran is a difference perspective in GOD's eyes

i hope you understand

(30-10-2022, 09:36 PM)sgh Wrote:  xtians and Catholic got diff. I was told by my xtian fren. He told me to them Mary is just a human being chosen to give birth to Jesus nothing more or less. For Catholic Mary is highly respected or even worshipped. There lies the diff I guess. As for Jesus statue I not sure why

Christians don't pray to statues.  You won't find statues in their churches. 
If you see a statue in a church,  it is a Roman Catholic church.

(30-10-2022, 11:44 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  Christians don't pray to statues.  You won't find statues in their churches. 

Roman Catholic is also christain what!

so 

The girls were allowed to practise their own religious beliefs.. as they should
Just cos some pastors had toured the temple before does not mean that the Christian and Muslim girls also must.
NE about the other religions/ cultures does not have to include going into their places of worship. Can be taught in the classroom.

(30-10-2022, 11:44 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  Christians don't pray to statues.  You won't find statues in their churches. 

So my former Christian fren told me is correct. I got one question forget to add. How can a virgin be pregnant as in Mary case? He told me that is a miracle so possibly in those times test tube babies tech is available and God is most likely male since he impregnated Mary but why virgin is becuz Jesus is supposed to wash away human sin and Mary is human so it cannot be done the normal creation process else Jesus blood is tainted cannot wash our sins away

(30-10-2022, 11:49 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  Roman Catholic is also christain what!

so 

You asked if they don't pray to statues ,  why do they have statues in their churches  
Just telling you that those who don't pray to statues do NOT have statues in their churches .

(30-10-2022, 11:56 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  You asked if they don't pray to statues ,  why do they have statues in their churches  
Just telling you that those who don't pray to statues do NOT have statues in their churches .

YES

(31-10-2022, 12:05 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  YES

Actually I don't really understand above phrase. What you are saying is among Christian there are good and bad Christian correct? My former Christian fren also tell me that but he emphasized since the bad Christian has accepted God and convert they will not condemn them but let God to judge them on Judgement Day. So it is like bad Christian is "higher rank" than a non-Christian. I view this as same ppl protect same ppl concept

(31-10-2022, 12:09 AM)sgh Wrote:  Actually I don't really understand above phrase. What you are saying is among Christian there are good and bad Christian correct? My former Christian fren also tell me that but he emphasized since the bad Christian has accepted God and convert they will not condemn them but let God to judge them on Judgement Day. So it is like bad Christian is "higher rank" than a non-Christian. I view this as same ppl protect same ppl concept

yes

there are the good the bad and the ugly
there are "christian" and there are "christian" and there are "christian"

to understand it all

you got to raise this question 

what is the purpose of your existent and your creation and your awareness?

"what is the purpose........."

(31-10-2022, 12:16 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes

there are the good the bad and the ugly
there are "christian" and there are "christian" and there are "christian"

to understand it all

you got to raise this question 

what is the purpose of your existent and your creation and your awareness?

"what is the purpose........."

Because I question the existence of God so your question does not come to my mind. Maybe once I acknowledge he really exist will I ask myself that

(31-10-2022, 12:24 AM)sgh Wrote:  Because I question the existence of God so your question does not come to my mind. Maybe once I acknowledge he really exist will I ask myself that

because u question the existence of God that why you are here 
so is Satan himself is also "here"

if not we wouldnt  be here

that is the simple fact

we are all here because in some ways and degree we question the existence of God

even christian and friends of christian, deep down inside them
they do raise those question

i am not surprise and it is natural