Ex-Keppel lawyer cooperated with U.S. in bribery probe-documents:" I'm deeply sorry "

(21-01-2023, 07:59 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  How do you celebrate CNY in Melbourne? Big Grin

Gathering 3 of my friends for lunch tomorrow then, coming to my house for a drink.
Most Chinese restaurant fully booked.

There's lion dance at the restaurant
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

All equal some more equal than others....
- Animal Farm.

Singapore epitomises George Orwell's master piece.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Some are born with golden spoons and grow up as “white knights/horses”

Cotton never go and rescue them?

Keppel Corp a good example of how companies can pivot, grow new capabilities: Chan Chun Sing | The Straits Times

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-01-2023, 11:58 AM)Ola Wrote:  Cotton never go and rescue them?

Keppel Corp a good example of how companies can pivot, grow new capabilities: Chan Chun Sing | The Straits Times

The new capabilities include pissing off foreign governments and breaking their country’s laws?

(21-01-2023, 08:06 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  don't think so.

but if charged in open court, more dirt will get digdged up.

Esp dirt from the political top most?

(21-01-2023, 02:22 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Esp dirt from the political top most?

Bribery is a crime

"
Dec 27 (Reuters) - A former lawyer at Keppel Corp Ltd’s oil rig building business secretly pleaded guilty and cooperated with U.S. authorities before the Singapore-based company agreed to pay $422 million to settle charges it bribed Brazilian officials, according to court documents.

Jeffery Chow, a former senior member of Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd’s legal department, cut a deal to help prosecutors in their probe of Keppel and other former executives, according to the documents unsealed on Tuesday in federal court in Brooklyn.

Chow, 59, pleaded guilty on Aug. 29 to conspiring to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as part of his deal to cooperate. He admitted to drafting contracts that were used to make bribe payments, according to court records.

“I am deeply sorry for my conduct,” Chow, 59, said during his plea hearing, according to a transcript. Chow is scheduled to be sentenced on May 2."
https://www.reuters.com/article/keppel-c...%20May%202.

"The bribes were paid to win 13 contracts with Petrobras and Sete Brasil Participacoes SA, a Brazilian company that commissioned a fleet of rigs for Petrobras’ use, according to charging documents.

In the transcript of his Aug. 29 plea, Chow said he drafted contracts with a Keppel agent in Brazil who he realized was being overpaid by millions of dollars so he could bribe Brazilian officials.

“I should have refused to draft the contract that we used for paying bribes and I should have resigned from Keppel,” he said.

In total, Keppel Offshore & Marine earned $351.8 million through the bribery scheme, according to court papers."

(20-01-2023, 08:39 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  So many Ministers, Army Generals and their GLCs means at least 1,000 untouchables.

The rich people are also untouchables

so maybe we have 25,000 priviledge people and their children

The Platinum Dog case of abuse by Rachel Liew also wash away

[Image: Sham-pledge-on-Platinum.gif]

Send them to work in Mumbai or Calcutta for ten years

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

KOM won 13 contracts
Paid Brazilian officials $55 mio bribes
Total Profits $351.8 mio

Caught/Paid fine more than $422 mio

WTF is that over donkey years returned empty handed?

(21-01-2023, 05:09 PM)Scythian Wrote:  .
KOM won 13 contracts
Paid Brazilian officials $55 mio bribes
Total Profits  $351.8 mio

Caught/Paid fine more than $422 mio

WTF is that over donkey years empty handed?
A little red dot in SEAsia able to beat Korean Sumsang, China National oil and US companies for 13 oil rigs certainly, smell fishy..

Who negotiated with the Brazilians and manipulated the prices to build those 13 oil rigs?

Who was responsible reviewing and witnessed the signing of those 13 contracts?

Was Singapore parents HQ aware what was going on in Brazil over 14 years?
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

This "sorry" lawyer gets a good deal

(21-01-2023, 11:00 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Some are born with golden spoons and grow up as “white knights/horses”

Parachuted to become instant millionaires.

(21-01-2023, 10:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  All equal some more equal than others....
- Animal Farm.

Singapore epitomises George Orwell's master piece.

How to change?

(21-01-2023, 06:53 PM)Klesk Wrote:  This "sorry" lawyer gets a good deal

Lawyer is acting on clients instruction

If any KOM CEO were accompanying the Lawyer to US to attend hearing certainly, he be arrested and charged.

People wanted to know PM Lee's reaction to CPIB stern warning to KOM corruption instead of prosecution.

(22-01-2023, 05:34 AM)Scythian Wrote:  People wanted to know PM Lee's reaction to CPIB stern warning to KOM corruption instead of prosecution.

Will PM Lee response to KOM corruption be different compare to other cases?

"PM Lee said: 'Whoever he is, whichever position he occupies, we will pursue the matter and settle it one way or another.'

'If he did wrong, he must be punished; if he did nothing wrong, he must be exonerated.'Ex-Singapore Civil Defence Force Commissioner Peter Lim and ex-Central Narcotics Bureau chief Ng Boon Gay are currently being probed by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).""

nothing will happened for this case. we are corrupted country that all. the whole world know already. so will not open up wound again as very paisay one. our PM also very paisay, still in office talk here there but keep quiet about this case. how to progress like that, very Sia sway one. still keep wanting sg to be number one in all aspect.

Must up this for the whole world to know!
[+] 1 user Likes Sickwarfare's post

(21-01-2023, 02:41 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Bribery is a crime

They sweeping it under the carpet and hoping that you forget.

Go into hiding, those 6 corrupted cowards sent a messenger to smoke peace pipe

(22-01-2023, 11:28 AM)jus4lucky Wrote:  nothing will happened for this case. we are corrupted country that all. the whole world know already. so will not open up wound again as very paisay one. our PM also very paisay, still in office talk here there but keep quiet about this case. how to progress like that, very Sia sway one. still keep wanting sg to be number one in all aspect.

When Parliament open , Opposition do want to question on Keppel and SPH saga.

One thing you noticed how PAP reply is " really ... "

Statement from Govt just claim " Will take a serious view on SPH "
but Keppel saga " nothing to highlight "

My Uncle told me , partly why " those 6 never get charge just Give Warning because IF been charge than will " dig deeper " if you know what i mean.

Some more the Top Judge is who appointed? PAP, PAP's President ....

Summary My Uncle say " protecting own people "

He even told me " skillfuture got levy tax which Business owners need to pay "

thus so call Skillfuture money is NOT govt money is literally from Business owner

And EPIC , who the biggest training centre? NTUC , BCA , these two also Govt ones

I find it farny

when PAP drives corrupt- free country

yet allow these 6 men to get away with stern warning

[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

pap is never white like it party colour. there is a hidden stain under the white. so dont preach what you never uphold. corrupted gov but only punished other who corrupted except themselves
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

If the public / voters believes the party is whiter than white
They must be color blind.
[+] 1 user Likes Truebluesg's post

"International laws
United Nations Convention against Corruption"

"Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions

The challenge to fight international corruption in a scenario of increasing globalization subsidized the conception of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)'s Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions.

On 17 December 1997, the Convention was signed by OECD's Member States, with the addition of Brazil, Argentina, Bulgaria, Chile and Slovakia. The Convention entered into force in 1999. In Brazil, the Convention was ratified on 15 June 2000 and promulgated by Decree nº 3,678 of 30 November 2000.

The main objective of the Convention is to prevent and fight corruption of foreign public officials in international business transactions."
https://www.unodc.org/lpo-brazil/en/corr...nal%20laws"
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Convention-on-...l%2520laws

So what can do here ? Only Kpkb for the seek of unhappiness. Why waste time here some so pro to them and ignore their mistake why we care?

(25-01-2023, 08:29 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  So what can do here ? Only Kpkb for the seek of unhappiness. Why waste time here some so pro to them and ignore their mistake why we care?

"秀才遇到兵——有理說不清"

All Arny generals