Expected! Aunty at wet market surely say this to Reporter

yesterday I saw news on TV , reporter go check out how the crowd at wet market due to CNY. AS USUAL , interview those aunties and one Aunty say this

" Price increase never mind, Once a while since is CNY , no choice "

I listen feel zzzzz ....
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(30-01-2022, 10:47 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  yesterday I saw news on TV , reporter go check out how the crowd at wet market due to CNY. AS USUAL , interview those aunties and one Aunty say this

I listen feel zzzzz ....

Most aunty's husbands have rec'd a year end bonus this December,  and thence see the increase as a necessary evil......

(30-01-2022, 10:47 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  yesterday I saw news on TV , reporter go check out how the crowd at wet market due to CNY. AS USUAL , interview those aunties and one Aunty say this

I listen feel zzzzz ....

Consider this as their annual bonus lah. Life as a stall vendor selling everyday foodstuffs to feed your family is not an easy on. They have to wake up at unearthly hours to open up their stalls and don’t finish work till they’ve sold their wares. So don’t begrudge this once a year payback to these hardworking people lah.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(30-01-2022, 11:03 AM)surfer Wrote:  Consider this as their annual bonus lah. Life as a stall vendor selling everyday foodstuffs to feed your family is not an easy on. They have to wake up at unearthly hours to open up their stalls and don’t finish work till they’ve sold their wares. So don’t begrudge this once a year payback to these hardworking people lah.

lol act " kindness ???? " You pity others? others will pity you back?
Whereas normal days you also get Chop high buying

(30-01-2022, 11:45 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  lol act " kindness ???? " You pity others? others will pity you back?
Whereas normal days you also get Chop high buying

Your uncle's business chop carrot heads or not?  Thinking

(30-01-2022, 11:48 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Your uncle's business chop carrot heads or not?  Thinking

Of course !Let's be honest doing business is to chop or else how to earn profits, down to paying workers wages and bonus.

I shall say is a " CYCLE Nature of business ". Everytime we buy , surely price mark up due to this OF course the deal here is " which companies, which supplier, which hawker, , which business owners offer the Best reasonable price let consumer compare "

Many times I wonder why the mad rush and over buy stuffs during CNY. My younger days, yes .. first 3-4 days many shop closed. NOW, many places start biz even on the 1st day. So why stock up? Not like we gonna have another CB

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(30-01-2022, 11:51 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Many times I wonder why the mad rush and over buy stuffs during CNY. My younger days, yes .. first 3-4 days many shop closed. NOW, many places start biz even on the 1st day. So why stock up? Not like we gonna have another CB

I feel now in fact some don't feel the need , like those aunties claim " Oh increase so much the price, WHAT TO DO ? ONCE A WHILE COME CNY JUST BUY "

I mean , SO ? YOU EAT SO MUCH DURING CNY = WILL BE LUCKY WHOLE DAY , CAN EAT FULL ?
IF SO EVERYONE IS RICH WELL TO DO NO POOR PPL OUT THERE
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(30-01-2022, 11:52 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I feel now in fact some don't feel the need , like those aunties claim " Oh increase so much the price, WHAT TO DO ? ONCE A WHILE COME CNY JUST BUY "

I mean , SO ? YOU EAT SO MUCH DURING CNY = WILL BE LUCKY WHOLE DAY , CAN EAT FULL ?
IF SO EVERYONE IS RICH WELL TO DO NO POOR PPL OUT THERE

Store food long, the food not fresh liow. 
Today I went to buy fishball, the aunty tell me can keep in freeze for 2molo …. I told her eating today.
I think CNY dinning attitude is a bery bad wasteful habit not reflecting well in todays world where you can easily find food regardless of what holidays

(30-01-2022, 11:58 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Store food long, the food not fresh liow. 
Today I went to buy fishball, the aunty tell me can keep in freeze for 2molo …. I told her eating today.
I think CNY dinning attitude is a bery bad wasteful habit not reflecting well in todays world where you can easily find food regardless of what holidays

Last time CNY come can expect a lot stalls , coffeeshop will totally closes for business starting from Eve of CNY, afternoon all the way to 3rd day or some even 4th, 5th, 7th days later or even one weeks later than back to business thus , people will buy a lot to store foods.

Now the trend different.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

物价上涨是政府无法控制的 人民要乖乖接受 
政府说什么我们都要遵守财奴 Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Yes, unlike yesterday years, these days you can even find hawker foods  even on 1st day of CNY.  Fast foods, mamak  and Muslim foods are also plentiful. So there is really no necessity to over buy and overload the fridge. 

This unwarranted need to over buy ,leading to price increases during CNY will likely be diminished in the next generation.
Heart 

All in the celebration. 
Price goes by supply and demand.
Normal for price increase. 
Aunty very smart one.

(30-01-2022, 10:50 AM)debono Wrote:  Most aunty's husbands have rec'd a year end bonus this December,  and thence see the increase as a necessary evil......

MORE LIKELY HIS HUSBAND CHILDREN ARE CIVIL SERVANTS LAREADY RECD AWS N BONUSES.
MAY ALSO BE THAT HUSHAND ON PENSION RECEIVING EVERY MTH >$5000/ SITTING AT HOME SHAKE LEG.

i no where to eat
can someone open house
must have abalone, sharkfins

(30-01-2022, 01:12 PM)talky Wrote:  MORE LIKELY HIS HUSBAND CHILDREN ARE CIVIL SERVANTS LAREADY RECD AWS N BONUSES.
MAY ALSO BE THAT HUSHAND ON PENSION RECEIVING EVERY MTH >$5000/ SITTING AT HOME SHAKE LEG.
You have hit the nail on the head.......

(30-01-2022, 01:25 PM)Talent Wrote:  i no where to eat
can someone open house
must have abalone, sharkfins

IF U ARE A BEAUTY MORE THAN WELCOME.

(30-01-2022, 11:50 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Of course !Let's be honest doing business is to chop or else how to earn profits, down to paying workers wages and bonus.

I shall say is a " CYCLE Nature of business ".  Everytime we buy , surely price mark up due to this OF course the deal here is " which companies, which supplier, which hawker, , which business owners offer the Best reasonable price let consumer compare "

You can also apply this principle of what you've mentioned to the stall holders. They too have to pay rentals, earn their keeps to feed their own family.

(30-01-2022, 01:44 PM)talky Wrote:  IF U ARE A BEAUTY MORE THAN WELCOME.

Some here called her granny, but I am kinder ….. its aunty for me. Not sure about you  Rotfl

(30-01-2022, 03:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Some here called her granny, but I am kinder ….. its aunty for me. Not sure about you  Rotfl
I think it is disrespectful  to call a person granny, use the word aunty is more appropriate..

(30-01-2022, 01:12 PM)talky Wrote:  MORE LIKELY HIS HUSBAND CHILDREN ARE CIVIL SERVANTS LAREADY RECD AWS N BONUSES.

Nobody on pension nowadays unless they are in their 70s or 80s.

(30-01-2022, 12:33 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Yes, unlike yesterday years, these days you can even find hawker foods  even on 1st day of CNY.  Fast foods, mamak  and Muslim foods are also plentiful. So there is really no necessity to over buy and overload the fridge. 

This unwarranted need to over buy ,leading to price increases during CNY will likely be diminished in the next generation.
Assuming there is a Malay stall selling food in a coffee shop, if the coffee shop's Chinese tenant we to close their stall, and they are the majority, then the coffee shop owner would want to close it's doors during CNY period, then the Malay stall have no choice but to close their stalls for 2 or 3 days....