Family of otters intrude into Bukit Merah HDB estate, gobble up

Family of otters intrude into Bukit Merah HDB estate, gobble up resident's 7 koi

"There were what I believe to be a family of five otters, and they ate up six of the seven koi in the tank," said the 61-year-old retiree.

READ: https://bit.ly/3KgJfxo

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

yummy yummy

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

Otters meat can eat? It seems otter has taken a liking to koi (usually ornamental fish) instead of those longkang fish. I guess otter upgrade their tastebud?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(26-07-2023, 01:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  Otters meat can eat? It seems otter has taken a liking to koi (usually ornamental fish) instead of those longkang fish. I guess otter upgrade their tastebud?

They eat fish, but seem like never eat the tail and head only body.
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Bukit merah? Why are the otters inhabitating there?
[+] 2 users Like red3's post

(26-07-2023, 12:53 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Family of otters intrude into Bukit Merah HDB estate, gobble up resident's 7 koi

"There were what I believe to be a family of five otters, and they ate up six of the seven koi in the tank," said the 61-year-old retiree.

READ: https://bit.ly/3KgJfxo

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates

Free lunch lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

It is high time Govt must act and not sit idly. Otters are menace to surroundings and they attack humans too.
[+] 3 users Like Gemstar's post

(26-07-2023, 02:59 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It is high time Govt must act and not sit idly. Otters are menace to surroundings and they attack humans too.

I find it strange when crow population get too much govt engage shooters to take them down. But the same logic does not apply to otters. Otters is under the endangered species list so cannot be killed? Crow too many so die a few nevermind is that the mindset from AVA or NEA or etc govt agencies?

(26-07-2023, 02:59 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It is high time Govt must act and not sit idly. Otters are menace to surroundings and they attack humans too.

You want to cull them?

(26-07-2023, 03:02 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  You want to cull them?

Use pap style. Chop a few heads to warn

Smile

Jail the otters! Rotfl

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(26-07-2023, 03:05 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Use pap style. Chop a few heads to warn

Cannot white pirates are not endanger species, otters are.
Best is to neuter the otters to reduce population ... for both

They shd not be culled. At least put them in proper environment like the zoo.

These otters best be rounded and put to Tekong. They will best thrive over there with the marshes and tracks with the bmt , armour and NS maneouvering units
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

(26-07-2023, 03:24 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  They shd not be culled. At least put them in proper environment like the zoo.

They are wild lah .... many many how to put in zoo. Best is neuter them

(26-07-2023, 02:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  They eat fish, but seem like never eat the tail and head only body.

They only like fish head lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(26-07-2023, 02:25 PM)red3 Wrote:  Bukit merah? Why are the otters inhabitating there?

They need food and found food there lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(26-07-2023, 03:34 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  They are wild lah .... many many how to put in zoo. Best is neuter them

There hasn't been otters in SG years ago. I think the otters are a release program from zoo and it has gone very wrong... Should just capture all these rodents and send back to the zoo exhibition.
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

(26-07-2023, 03:05 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Use pap style. Chop a few heads to warn

shooting competition
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(26-07-2023, 05:45 PM)Sticw Wrote:  There hasn't been otters in SG years ago. I think the otters are a release program from zoo and it has gone very wrong... Should just capture all these rodents and send back to the zoo exhibition.

What release program .. you mad issit. These are native, long long been here before white colonial traxhes Raffles come to SG or before the kok eye Malay king see a cat as a Lion
Because of development they disappear but some swam from muddysia and repopulate SG. Humans are the invasive species

(26-07-2023, 05:45 PM)Sticw Wrote:  There hasn't been otters in SG years ago. I think the otters are a release program from zoo and it has gone very wrong... Should just capture all these rodents and send back to the zoo exhibition.
I totally agrees yr point.  If the relevant authorities falters in their mistakes, then they shd make it right.  Don't leaves a mess behind and 
disclaim responsibilities.

(27-07-2023, 10:48 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  What release program .. you mad issit. These are native, long long been here before white colonial traxhes Raffles come to SG or before the kok eye Malay king see a cat as a Lion
Because of development they disappear but some swam from muddysia and repopulate SG. Humans are the invasive species
Then you shd lives together with the otters.

(27-07-2023, 11:05 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Then you shd lives together with the otters.

Yupe, I am sharing my space with them now

[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

better do it ASAP.

These are pest.  although looked cute.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

(27-07-2023, 11:36 AM)drgn Wrote:  better do it ASAP.

These are pest.  although looked cute.

Cannot ... endangered species. There will be public outcry. If humans cant live with the wild, lets not have wishful thinking about preventing climate change

(27-07-2023, 11:45 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Cannot ... endangered species. There will be public outcry. If humans cant live with the wild, lets not have wishful thinking about preventing climate change

not endangered species.

these pests multiply very fast.

everyday busying making babies.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

(27-07-2023, 11:51 AM)drgn Wrote:  not endangered species.

these pests multiply very fast.

everyday busying making babies.

Human are the real pest. everyday busying destroying earth.
Human population should be controlled if not, human race will extinct

(27-07-2023, 11:53 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Human are the real pest. everyday busying destroying earth.
Human population should be controlled if not, human race will extinct

if you concern about otters, then don't eat pork and chicken.

(26-07-2023, 04:22 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  They only like fish head lah! Big Grin

Fish head curry lah Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(27-07-2023, 02:08 PM)drgn Wrote:  if you concern about otters, then don't eat pork and chicken.

Singapore otters are endangered and native to SG. Pigs and chickens are not.