Feeding 8 kids on $300 a week: How big families cope in a time of rising costs

Feeding 8 kids on $300 a week: How big families cope in a time of rising costs

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/feedin...paign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Looks like possible to raise 8 kids with $1200 per month if one is frugal.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-04-2022, 01:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Looks like possible to raise 8 kids with $1200 per month if one is frugal.

You believe the bullshxt. Rotfl

1200/30= $40 per day for 8 kids.
There is 1 young toddler still need to drink milk powder.

Look like some of them got to eat only 2 meals a day or did not eat full for 3 meals a day.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

I saw from ST FB comment got people access and read do a calculation means one kid " allowance is 37 " is for one day or one week?

(10-04-2022, 12:40 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Feeding 8 kids on $300 a week: How big families cope in a time of rising costs

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/feedin...paign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

PART OF " propoagenda " Recently just started on TV , Gov got spam a NEW Budget Ad, is more on family with lots of kids,

show one stay in rental flat , show one stay in normal flat.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

There is help everywhere when u pray hard.
There must b a will to have yr way .
In sing, no money, no food , no job, got any backsidde priblems, go see yr mp, or cc or all holy places , tell them hungry..n u know u r blessed here.

If course lah, if got priblems, events beyond yr control, u must seek help...otherwise god will help only those who helo themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

(10-04-2022, 01:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You believe the bullshxt. Rotfl

Look like some of them got to eat only 2 meals a day or did not eat full for 3 meals a day.

Yar, hor

I just checked and milk powder is so expensive $40 and some $70 / canister 

Best not to have children! 

Results For milk powder | FairPrice

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

If i were the parent i will work at ShengSiong or Giant...can take expire food back home..
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(10-04-2022, 01:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You believe the bullshxt. Rotfl

You never heard of breast milk it's free!!!!

1. Morning make break using bread maker ...total cost for 1 loaf is 80cts + butter or jam ...total is $3. Pre mix drink is 30cts for 3 in one coffee. For 8 people is roughly $5.

2. Children pack food to school drink healthy plain water $1.50 each home cooked. Total $12

3. Dinner home cooked plus fruits. Roughly $16 for all.

People don't understand as long as you home cook everything it's not expensive.

Expensive is when you eat out 

I am sure i can settle whole family's meal for less than $40 per day.  I spend less than $4 per dayon food when I isolate myself for 2 months. Every week I just get sliced bread the big one from seng siong.....the whole week breakfast settled.

One chicken is $4-$6 from supermarket you can fry or cook soup and eat for quite a few meals.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I am wondering how 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice is enough for 8 persons for one meal! A 5-kg bag of rice would last them for 2 months! Are they eating enough?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post

(10-04-2022, 03:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You never heard of breast milk it's free!!!!

1. Morning make break using bread maker ...total cost for 1 loaf is 80cts + butter or jam ...total is $3. Pre mix drink is 30cts for 3 in one coffee. For 8 people is roughly $5.

2. Children pack food to school drink healthy plain water $1.50 each home cooked. Total $12

I am sure i can settle whole family's meal for less than $40 per day.  I spend less than $4 per dayon food when I isolate myself for 2 months. Every week I just get sliced bread the big one from seng siong.....the whole week breakfast settled.

One chicken is $4-$6 from supermarket you can fry or cook soup and eat for quite a few meals.

Still " subjective " the kids computer ? Laptop? No doubt MOE claim those needy or have financial problem can apply but end of the day you still need to fork out some of your own money

than come " mainteance " , daily need your things will not spoil one meh??
also need money to buy new one to replace.

beside monthly mobile / internet bills. water bill etc

Do note ONLY electric/water Bill Gov does give " rebate " BUT come internet bill is not ok.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  If i were the parent i will work at ShengSiong or Giant...can take expire food back home..

Feed your children expired food, later they fall sick the medical expenses more jialat than food expenses.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Even 250 per month for Sgbuffett alone is challenging  Rolleyes

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(10-04-2022, 03:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You never heard of breast milk it's free!!!!

I think you don’t know much about breast milk . Rotfl
Go and read more on breast milk before I am going to whack you.

I think you don’t know how expensive to run a house properly in Sg.
How come you always 100% believe what is written on the paper?

Adult can don’t eat, children can don’t eat?
8 kids, you think they don’t complain on food.
How come kor Kor and Jie Jie got 1 more fish ball?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...sures-ease

[Image: FB-IMG-1649716207012.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1649716200219.jpg]

No kids and family they don’t know once you set up a family you will feel it.
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

Your children will grow up and how long can it last?
If happened to get sick who pay for the medical bills?