Fewer Singaporeans able to spend beyond basic and more are short on

(13-11-2023, 03:56 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Relax lah.. need to to sound so defensive. Why do you consider me "jumping to conclusion" over a simple question about where and when were you born ? Speaking of being defensive - I am also okay with your Life View  that your prefer "feeling lonely inside my GCB than in a 1-room rental HDB flat.."  ..and nor it matters to me whether that  you believe in your "friends and colleagues" or you able to retire while sending your children to universities. - I am all happy for you. The point I am challenging you is your insistence about having "5C" while holding a presumptuous view that those who does NOT agree with your outlook as "not being honest" ...You already cited 80-20 figures of HDB-private data..Are you going to call those staying in HDB as less-than-honest people ???

Thanks for your clarification. I am not claiming that the 5Cs are a "must have", though I would say they are "good to have".  Of the 80% who stay in HDB flats, the majority would prefer to have joined HDB upgraders who managed to buy private residences. There is nothing wrong with the remainder who are satisfied with remaining in the heartlands and have no inclination to shift to private housing.  

(13-11-2023, 04:40 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Thank you for contributing to SG revenue and banker's bonus and commissions....for "owning" 7 different new cars  Big Grin

HDB residents are also lessors while the HDB is their landlord.  A new buyer of a HDB flat has a 99-year lease while the buyer of a new car enjoys a 10-year lease. 

The World's most.miserable country to live

No.1 Singapore
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(08-11-2023, 09:37 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Fewer Singaporeans able to spend beyond basic and more are short on

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...vings-ocbc

Market stirrers

beri close to starvation now One world gov of UK-US-Isreal
Mossad connect
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-04-03-59-STUNNI...y-Jr-R.png]
Mary was there
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-04-07-16-STUNNI...y-Jr-R.png]

Mary Richardson Kennedy, who was friendly with Epstein’s partner at the time, Ghislaine Maxwell. Richardson Kennedy passed away in 2012.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-04-10-20-STUNNI...y-Jr-R.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-04-23-18-Russia...plomat.png]

(12-11-2023, 08:50 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It is a sad fact that most S'poreans are living pay cheque to pay cheque.  The 5Cs are no longer a realistic goal, and not because Sinkies no longer yearn for them.  The condo and car are beyond the reach of up to 80% of residents here.

This is great communication to make us change our goalposts to meet their lower performance standards.

(13-11-2023, 03:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:   I would rather be feeling lonely inside my GCB than in a 1-room rental HDB flat. 
Heart U     Love Love Love

(14-11-2023, 02:28 AM)Scythian Wrote:  The World's most.miserable country to live
No.1 Singapore

I can think of far worse countries to live in such as the Gaza Strip, Afghanistan and Myanmar.

(14-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This is great communication to make us change our goalposts to meet their lower performance standards.

It is sad indeed when our Govt cannot keep to its promise of a Swiss standard of living for the masses, it tries to convince S'poreans that we should be satisfied with the Swiss cost of living.  

The income disparity between the Top 20% and the remainder of S'poreans may be great, but imagine living in some Third World Countries where the wealthy make up 1 - 2% of the population. How would the poor feel living in slums and begging on the streets while a select few are living in mansions and driving luxurious cars?

EvertonDiehard dateline="1700024997"]

It is sad indeed when our Govt cannot keep to its promise of a Swiss standard of living for the masses, it tries to convince S'poreans that we should be satisfied with the Swiss cost of living.  
[/quote]

The Swiss standard of living was mentioned by Woody Goh. Have we reached that from the time he mentioned? Maybe only for the greedy few in power ( my opinion only, may be wrong). In this present time we may have dropped to third world status?

tomorrow will be a better day

(17-11-2023, 11:31 AM)surfer Wrote:  The Swiss standard of living was mentioned by Woody Goh. Have we reached that from the time he mentioned? Maybe only for the greedy few in power ( my opinion only, may be wrong). In this present time we may have dropped to third world status?
[/quote]

S'pore currently ranks second in the world based on GDP per capita, which is the GDP of a country divided by its total population; the problem is that it does not tell us how this wealth is distributed. In S'pore, the privileged few are enjoying a luxurious lifestyle while the majority struggle on low wages as well as modest domestic purchasing power, which is aggravated by the extremely high cost of living.

(13-11-2023, 10:13 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Quite true..AU inflation stubbornly high at 5.4% latest. 
Work trip to Melbourne last month, found prices were high , after conversion , despite the AUD plunge.

There is a reason why the successor to Aussie ex PM Morrison the Moron have to learn to humble the Australians and pay a visit to meet Xi the "dictator" recently... Big Grin
Let's state some simple FACT over the last 5 years... I am very curious what's the asset value of those who migrated to OZland now compared to 5 years ago.

1. The Chinese isn't desperate for AU wine, beer or lobsters..
  2. The Aussies are DESPERATE for the Chinese to buy their products..

Quote:Australians are sinking into extreme poverty amid the cost-of-living crisis, with the most vulnerable forced to take desperate measures to survive.
A surge in poverty in the past 12 months means many are skipping meals as they struggle to afford basic living necessities, Salvation Army research reveals.1700 people who used The Salvation Army's services over the past 12 months found 93% were finding it tough to afford basic items.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/i-ju.../qsgg8q5in

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(15-11-2023, 01:07 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I can think of far worse countries to live in such as the Gaza Strip, Afghanistan and Myanmar.

It is so much easier to pick and choose places that had been Invaded for years  and suffer from sanctions from certain Foreign powers.
What is worst is that same Foreign power openly steal $ and reserves that legally belongs to these "far worse countries".

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/02/11/bid...y-taliban/

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

BS finding! just go around shopping malls, many restaurants fill with queues. Go JB also many Sgrean!
ask any people, they sure say not enough, cannot afford to spend, but behind buy and buy.  Rotfl

S'pore currently ranks second in the world based on GDP per capita, which is the GDP of a country divided by its total population; the problem is that it does not tell us how this wealth is distributed. In S'pore, the privileged few are enjoying a luxurious lifestyle while the majority struggle on low wages as well as modest domestic purchasing power, which is aggravated by the extremely high cost of living.
[/quote]

Figures can be manipulated. It does not show the true picture and conditions of living for the majority of the middle and lower income segments of society.

tomorrow will be a better day

(18-11-2023, 05:35 PM)surfer Wrote:  S'pore currently ranks second in the world based on GDP per capita, which is the GDP of a country divided by its total population; the problem is that it does not tell us how this wealth is distributed. In S'pore, the privileged few are enjoying a luxurious lifestyle while the majority struggle on low wages as well as modest domestic purchasing power, which is aggravated by the extremely high cost of living.

Figures can be manipulated. It does not show the true picture and conditions of living for the majority of the middle and lower income segments of society.
[/quote]
Thumbsup

Learn from seaside monkeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84HSEf0-8xs

(08-11-2023, 09:42 PM)bobby Wrote:  [Image: nudie.gif]