Forum: Help Singaporeans find meaningful employment

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...employment
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Bull shit
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

I hope that MOM can clarify the reasons for the high vacancies. Are they due to job-skill mismatch, low wages offered or work being offered only on a contract basis?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heng arh! I did not vote for PAP

Now is recession and all companies have the time to train a 60% fit candidate for the job

BUT PAP been telling us that we do not have the right skills or for some, over- qualified

From Shoot Blank Queen-

[Image: JT-mismatches-on-job-2019.jpg]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(21-12-2022, 12:00 PM)Ola Wrote:  I hope that MOM can clarify the reasons for the high vacancies. Are they due to job-skill mismatch, low wages offered or work being offered only on a contract basis?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heng arh! I did not vote for PAP

Now is recession and all companies have the time to train a 60% fit candidate for the job

BUT PAP been telling us that we do not have the right skills or for some, over- qualified

From Shoot Blank Queen-

[Image: JT-mismatches-on-job-2019.jpg]

Companies just want to take short cut. They don't train probably because the managers themselves also dunno. That's why cannot train.  Laughing

If even basic skills like human resource need import FT then Singaporeans trained by our world class educational system can only be cabbies and grabbies

Meaning Fool
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Too late to wakeup.
Jobs already stolen.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

the solution is for Leong Mun Wai to win a GRC.

he will fight for PMETs.

In Indonesia, company CEOs must be a local Indonesian.
they have strict laws to employ locals only.

In Singapore. company CEO can be a foreigner.
we do not have any law to employ locals only.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/b...-jobs-unit

Following the move, Yudhono Rawis will be appointed as interim CEO at Tokocrypto, replacing Pang Xue Kai, to comply with a domestic policy to appoint local leaders, said Tokocrypto spokesperson Rieka Handayani.

there is no point to have more job vacancies when more than 70% of the vacancies go to foreigners and PRs.

just walk to any software departments in banks or financial companies, more than 70% of the staff are foreigners and PRs.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post