Forum: Illegal hawkers can be helped and not just fined

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...just-fined
[+] 3 users Like forum456's post

I feel that the fine of $27k is too much. Is selling chestnut really so profitable?

Btw, what about those pastries and food sold by people at home? Aren't they considered illegal too since I don't think they got a license to sell?

(10-05-2023, 10:56 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I feel that the fine of $27k is too much. Is selling chestnut really so profitable?

Btw, what about those pastries and food sold by people at home? Aren't they considered illegal too since I don't think they got a license to sell?

Is too much…

If this judge in Sg… The fine probably will be reduced or waived off.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://youtu.be/VJ7pCB4g3sU

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Good to fine them hard, if not SG end up like JB, BBK ... street vendors everywhere dirty the streets and creating congestion

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Illegal hawkers help to lower costs of living by selling things cheaper.

Probably do social service rather than fine him. Clean hawker tables, sweep floor or do tiktok dance etc

Smile

(10-05-2023, 10:50 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...just-fined

You don't know the meaning of 'illegal' meh?  Thinking Against the law lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

The illegal hawkers will not be jailed, they have "tua pek kong" these people usually elders, disables will accumulate all the fines and spend time in jail even though they are not the hawkers.

(10-05-2023, 10:56 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I feel that the fine of $27k is too much. Is selling chestnut really so profitable?

Lol funny rite? But home f&b is considered small risk cos by right small time biz... The chestnut seller is considered high risk cos he is mobile with the gas tank going places...

He earns quite a bit cos each tiny pack is 8 bucks. But all in a day's work. No difference from the home based f&b if you ask me lah...

Singapore and most folks here became too clinical. No room for difference and the "I can't so others can't" mentality is everywhere lah...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(10-05-2023, 11:37 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You don't know the meaning of 'illegal' meh?  Thinking Against the law lah! Big Grin

Wahlaneh, you know the meaning of illegal meh?

[Image: thats-illegal-illegal.gif]

(24-10-2022, 09:01 AM)wendychan Wrote:  raining  - lets hope rain doesnt stop till tomorrow
(06-11-2022, 10:41 AM)wendychan Wrote:  macham like she is such a media guru
she even needs to have ang mo hair colour.- for shock value FOOk FOOk FOOk
[+] 1 user Likes Choc's post

(10-05-2023, 11:57 AM)Choc Wrote:  Wahlaneh, you know the meaning of illegal meh?

[Image: thats-illegal-illegal.gif]

I know lah! Big Grin I looked up liao lah!

[size=11]illegal | ɪˈliːɡl | [/size][size=11]adjective contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law: illegal drugs | the rules make it illegal to use a mobile device while driving | people involved in such illegal activities may face criminal chargesnoun [size=11]derogatory, mainly North American[/size]a person living in a country without official authorization.[/size]

I think this guy is one of those hardcore illegal hawkers that used to "run earth cow" or 跑土牛 (chow teh gu in hokkien). Usually they will accumulate tons of summons before surrendering themselves to fines by court or jail time. I knew of one guy who used to run durian and fruits from his pickup then accumulates summons from tehgu and getting fined about $30K once in a while. These hawkers knew what they are doing and have taken calculated risks. No need for Saliva Lim to speak for them in parleemen lah. ..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(10-05-2023, 12:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think this guy is one of those hardcore illegal hawkers that used to "run earth cow" or 跑土牛 (chow teh gu in hokkien). Usually they will accumulate tons of summons before surrendering themselves to fines by court or jail time. I knew of one guy who used to run durian and fruits from his pickup the accumulates summons from tehgu and getting fined about $30K once in a while. These hawkers knew what they are doing and have taken calculated risks. No need for Saliva Lim to speak for them in parleemen lah. ..... Big Grin

Remember those good old days when TehGu anyhow catching people lah! Big Grin

i think with them around is ok. now inflation. can buy cheaper. win win.

Bingo.

No point be an illegal hawker
Waste time,effort n money

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

Hope case to be re-looked.

(10-05-2023, 02:57 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  No point be an illegal hawker
Waste time,effort n money

Actually if they legalise it then OK liao lah! Big Grin

(10-05-2023, 04:07 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Actually if they legalise it then OK liao lah! Big Grin

No way lah even sell tissue papers also need license

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

Where food is concerned, 
It needs regulation. 
The source is important. 
Cannot take food safety for granted.

(10-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  No way lah even sell tissue papers also need license

So they have legalised selling tissue papers by issuing licence lah! Big Grin Got licence can lah!

(10-05-2023, 11:03 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Good to fine them hard, if not SG end up like JB, BBK ... street vendors everywhere dirty the streets and creating congestion

Lau lee era also open and close one eye. Got become jb or not.

(10-05-2023, 05:12 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Where food is concerned, 
It needs regulation. 
The source is important. 
Cannot take food safety for granted.

Gao luck can be how poisonous? Now they allot u to eat insects liao

(10-05-2023, 06:46 PM)sogo Wrote:  Lau lee era also open and close one eye. Got become jb or not.

When old man modernised, did you see any hawkers stall like those carpark opposite centerpoint, all the hawkers and paddlers in Chinatown … GONE
Even satay club in lau pat sat changed

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

We have heard temporary Pasar Malam selling durians , cooked food etc, Do they need a licence to operate? Some household selling home made dumplings,Satay etc still need to apply a licence to operate business?

Just vote this inhumane govt out.

Everything fine... This is definitely not the way of ruling a country...

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

Fine is ok but the amount is too much for an old man

No wonder this week didn’t see a couple selling chestnut at Tampines