How much GST should I be paying when new change kicks in 2023?

How much GST should I be paying when new change kicks in 2023?

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/3APJlHP

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

internet , phone bills cannot escape

than come electricity , water bill , somemore got water tax cannot escape

than online shopping also cannot escape beside retail shopping and eating at food courts.

than down to hawkers, coffeeshop also cannot escape surely increase price

literally can't escape , every single thing need to pay GST
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Next year 8% . . ..means our coffee shop food

will increase another 30 cents or 50 cents

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(27-11-2022, 02:49 PM)Ola Wrote:  Next year 8% . . ..means our coffee shop food

will increase another 30 cents or 50 cents

It is usually increased by 50 cents........... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Anyone realised a pc of bread from $1 now selling $1.80 to $2.20? Then suddenly after 6pm some shops can drop to $1.

At Jurong west got 2 bread shop from same company....1 branch sell at $1.50 and another sell the same pc at $1.90 thinking customers are dumbfarks!
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

All along I have been quite against Spore MIW to impose GST on everything. Essentials like cooking oil, rice etc should be exempted as they are necessities isn't it? By imposing GST on them you are making life very hard as those are essentials to even poor ppl unless they don't need to eat. In contrast in Msia forum I read their govt do not impose GST on essentials and that is good for the ppl.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(27-11-2022, 02:55 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Anyone realised a pc of bread from $1 now selling $1.80 to $2.20? Then suddenly after 6pm some shops can drop to $1.

At Jurong west got 2 bread shop from same company....1 branch sell at $1.50 and another sell the same pc at $1.90 thinking customers are dumbfarks!

because there are customers really " dumb " mah just like they stupid like to buy things from FB Seller, in fact you can ownself to Aliexpress buy etc even cheaper.

(27-11-2022, 02:59 PM)sgh Wrote:  All along I have been quite against Spore MIW to impose GST on everything. Essentials like cooking oil, rice etc should be exempted as they are necessities isn't it? By imposing GST on them you are making life very hard as those are essentials to even poor ppl unless they don't need to eat. In contrast in Msia forum I read their govt do not impose GST on essentials and that is good for the ppl.
I suspect that the MIW will say that it is difficult not to impose GST on essentials, therefore they had proposed that all things irregardless is to be GST taxed...it is such a lame excuse..... Angry

(27-11-2022, 03:05 PM)debono Wrote:  I suspect that the MIW will say that it is difficult not to impose GST on essentials, therefore they had proposed that all things irregardless if to be GST taxed...it is such a lame excuse..... Angry

I said so many time is " feeding their civil servants, currently Private sectors are struggling and next in line Google going to retrench people. Ha will be interesting Google in SG will also be affected or not and see what MOM going to say what BS next.

Partly also under LHL , he only knows how to spend never Profit back.

(27-11-2022, 03:05 PM)debono Wrote:  I suspect that the MIW will say that it is difficult not to impose GST on essentials, therefore they had proposed that all things irregardless if to be GST taxed...it is such a lame excuse..... Angry

Agree. They like to use blanket policy for those that are to their benefits e.g CPF. If not blanket policy will say hard to implement in reality all kinds of excuses. Some policies their official statement is case by case basis which mean it can be done just they want to do or not.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(27-11-2022, 03:10 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree. They like to use blanket policy for those that are to their benefits e.g CPF. If not blanket policy will say hard to implement in reality all kinds of excuses. Some policies their official statement is case by case basis which mean it can be done just they want to do or not.

I see your point of view........ Clapping

(27-11-2022, 02:59 PM)sgh Wrote:  All along I have been quite against Spore MIW to impose GST on everything. Essentials like cooking oil, rice etc should be exempted as they are necessities isn't it? By imposing GST on them you are making life very hard as those are essentials to even poor ppl unless they don't need to eat. In contrast in Msia forum I read their govt do not impose GST on essentials and that is good for the ppl.

GST or TAX per se is clearly used to discourage purchases and with the Govt imposing GST on everything makes no sense. Will MP Ong YK say his SUgar Tax is not to discourage sugar intake??
[+] 2 users Like Wy:Nox's post

(27-11-2022, 03:10 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree. They like to use blanket policy for those that are to their benefits e.g CPF. If not blanket policy will say hard to implement in reality all kinds of excuses. Some policies their official statement is case by case basis which mean it can be done just they want to do or not.

Don't u know PAP r robbers? Can u negotiate with robbers not to rob u too much? Rotfl

(27-11-2022, 03:27 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Don't u know PAP r robbers? Can u negotiate with robbers not to rob u too much? Rotfl

Who give them the licence to be robbers? Not me but alot others agree so going by majority consensus we deserved to be robbed.

(27-11-2022, 03:35 PM)sgh Wrote:  Who give them the licence to be robbers? Not me but alot others agree so going by majority consensus we deserved to be robbed.

Thats y I always say Democracy is really fark up....becos too many dumbfarks voting. Just look at USA...any clown also can be P....just like us.

actually, it is not the GST hike that hurts

what hurts is everyone's jacking up the prices even before GST hike during 2020 and 2021 when COVID was at its heights, and also now when everyone is jacking up the prices further due to international factors

then companies are cutting cost, turning stingy, no increment no bonus whatsoever, when you find jobs all the unprofessional HR dont give a fk about your work experience, only want to suppress your salaries to help the companies save cost, give you maximum 10% on top of your last drawn is already super benevolent

as long as they dominate parliament...............they don't have to care what...............

(27-11-2022, 04:56 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  actually, it is not the GST hike that hurts

what hurts is everyone's jacking up the prices even before GST hike during 2020 and 2021 when COVID was at its heights, and also now when everyone is jacking up the prices further due to international factors

then companies are cutting cost, turning stingy, no increment no bonus whatsoever, when you find jobs all the unprofessional HR dont give a fk about your work experience, only want to suppress your salaries to help the companies save cost, give you maximum 10% on top of your last drawn is already super benevolent

No problem for those work as civil servants, next month going to get Year end bonus as usual and new year , increment as usual follow by mid year bonus in July than Year end ,

Economics is bad , private sectors struggling , And Google already leak out news they going to retrench some workers

End of the day civil servants here still can entitle their bonus.

(27-11-2022, 05:26 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  No problem for those work as civil servants, next month going to get Year end bonus as usual and new year , increment as usual follow by mid year bonus in July than Year end ,

Economics is bad , private sectors struggling , And Google already leak out news they going to retrench some workers

Civil servants will be the ones who will vote in the ruling party into power, cos they have bonuses in midyear and year end.......... Angry

(27-11-2022, 05:31 PM)debono Wrote:  Civil servants will be the ones who will vote in the ruling party into power, cos they have bonuses in midyear and year end.......... Angry

Nope all, they can vote opposition. Partly is really justify first or not , Economics is uncertain even Gov.sg can tell us yet they can afford to pay their civil servants bonus even claim " work hard "
IF you tell me SPF , SCDF , Nurse ok but those support behind etc admin ??? Their main job are by sub contractors telling sub contractors go check the problem and fix

We are paying " High pay Call support workers ??? " WOW I think those currently work as support in Telecoms, etc in Private sectors must well go work as civil servant

(27-11-2022, 04:56 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  actually, it is not the GST hike that hurts

TWO major mthly costs in companies P&L

a) Office rental 

b) Salary of employees

Cannot cut rental so they cut our salary, lah.

That is why Property Market boom all the time even during recession.

(27-11-2022, 05:43 PM)Ola Wrote:  TWO major mthly costs in companies P&L

a) Office rental 

b) Salary of employees

It is so much easier to cut salaries, cos water flows in the line of least resistance........ Clapping Laughing

(27-11-2022, 02:53 PM)debono Wrote:  It is usually increased by 50 cents........... Angry

Now, people eat less outside

Next year, people will avoid outside food

in 2025, more F&B close down

YIPPEE!!

(27-11-2022, 06:05 PM)Ola Wrote:  Now, people eat less outside

Next year, people will avoid outside food

in 2025, more F&B close down

YIPPEE!!

actually nope, still A LOT people eat outside , some even don't mind pay a lot for it

partly is A LOT couples now a days don't know how to cook etc.

also addicted to fry foods, at home is quite troublesome etc to deep fry stuffs also you can't get the Same fry taste partly hawker is using lots of oil to deep fry large quality , if at home u use that OMG unless you are rich at home buy lots of cooking oil

Don't mention using ' air fryer " the taste is no way just like traditional frying.

than after fry have to clean up the kitchen etc

I feel is More on " competition among Hawkers " and Worst High rental from Coffeeshop .

Is not due to less people eat .So in return naturally more F&B will close down

even at food court or individual restaurants , is survival fight among F&B Themselves.

(27-11-2022, 06:11 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually nope, still A LOT people eat outside , some even don't mind pay a lot for it

partly is A LOT couples now a days don't know how to cook etc.

also addicted to fry foods, at home is quite troublesome etc to deep fry stuffs also you can't get the Same fry taste partly hawker is using lots of oil to deep fry large quality , if at home u use that OMG unless you are rich at home buy lots of cooking oil

Don't mention using ' air fryer " the taste is no way just like traditional frying.

than after fry have to clean up the kitchen etc

3 out of 6 groups will still at outside

1) Working people

2) PAP imported rich people

3) Young punks protected by MOM under EP salary criteria

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(27-11-2022, 07:31 PM)Ola Wrote:  3 out of 6 groups will still at outside

1) Working people

2) PAP imported rich people

3) Young punks protected by MOM under EP salary criteria
Young punks who have the MOM to thank, because of the EP criteria........ Rotfl

(27-11-2022, 05:43 PM)Ola Wrote:  TWO major mthly costs in companies P&L

a) Office rental 

b) Salary of employees

people continue to suffer, thats all
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

(27-11-2022, 05:26 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  No problem for those work as civil servants, next month going to get Year end bonus as usual and new year , increment as usual follow by mid year bonus in July than Year end ,

no wonder so many of them are delusional about the truth in the commercial world
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

Hope to see another 300 F&B close down next year

Like to see Jac Lau Fart thank PAP again

YIPPEE!!

i only want to vote pap out.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post