Importing more foreign talent drives prices up... intensifies competition for jobs...

Things are not going well Singaporeans life is getting tougher year after year and quality of life is on a steady decline.

Last year my breakfast porridge was $3.50, this year it is $4 and i think the hawker also cut ingredients.

I tend to look pass this as we know inflation  is always there.

But in Singapore things are getting so much worse so much faster. Whether it is a roof over our heads or medical cost or a car everything rises at a pace that  makes life hard. Why?

Let's take the example of housing with so many queuing or hunting for limited supply, the govt imports more people who also need housing .making harder for Singaporeans to have one  Housing is so basic but has gone so wrong.

Jobs are harder to come by as Singaporeans age. Who wants to hire a 50yo software or IT staff when they can get younger foreigners to do the job.  As things become harder 
, the PAP increases competition for job openings and drive Singaporeans to desperation.
Is this the action of a responsible government? I don't think so.

To rub salt to our injury, a PAP minister recently said all this is done to improve our lives.  If you can believe these words you can also believe Sam Bankman Fried is a Saint.

We don't need to endure all this rubbish any more ...its just nonsense they push down our throats but they have no credibility.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(06-12-2022, 05:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Things are not going well Singaporeans life is getting tougher year after year and quality of life is on a steady decline.

Last year my breakfast porridge was $3.50, this year it is $4 and i think the hawker also cut ingredients.

I tend to look past this as we know inflation  iss always there.

But in Singapore things are getting so much worse so much faster. Whether it is a roof over our heads or medical cost or a car everything rises at a pace that  makes life hard. Why?

Let's take the example of housing with so many queuing or hunting for limited supply, the govt imports more people who also need housing .making harder for Singaporeans to have one  Housing is so basic but has gone so wrong.

Jobs are harder to come by as Singaporeans age. Who wants to hire a 50yo software or IT staff when they can get younger foreigners to do the jobs.  As things become harder 
, the PAP increases competition for job openings and drive Singaporeans to desperation.

To rub salt to our injury, a PAP minister recently said all this is done to improve our lives.  If you can believe these words you can also believe Sam Bankman Fried is a Saint.

We don't need to endure all this rubbish any more ...its just nonsense they push down our throats but they have no credibility.

Tot u said Democracy is Good.

Compared to China...SG is shit!
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

GST makes shrinkflation worse for us

[Image: 204-FFC06-C041-45-BD-9286-CB28-E3970-D1-A.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

like i say, open your eyes and see what pap been doing for us. we have been suffering under them, only the rich benefit.

(06-12-2022, 05:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Things are not going well Singaporeans life is getting tougher year after year and quality of life is on a steady decline.

I tend to look past this as we know inflation  iss always there.

Jobs are harder to come by as Singaporeans age. Who wants to hire a 50yo software or IT staff when they can get younger foreigners to do the jobs.  As things become harder 

No leh,

I see my army friends all Still spend and spend for their " hobby "

- one busy modify his sound system in his Normal Japanese car
- one always buying latest IT stuffs
- one just got 3rd kid , also as per normal send on luxury clothings , etc with his wife beside feeding their 3 small kids.

Note they all are NOT Civil servant in Private sector

Than another one which is not my army friend, still work as civil servant , just daily play games , buy latest games , no need worry job lost , retrench , bonus always there as usual been civil servant.

More like importing Foreigners trash from INDIA than Foreigners talents instead.

(06-12-2022, 06:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  No leh,

I see my army friends all Still spend and spend for their " hobby "

- one busy modify his sound system in his Normal Japanese car
- one always buying latest IT stuffs
- one just got 3rd kid , also as per normal send on luxury clothings , etc with his wife beside feeding their 3 small kids.

Note they all are NOT Civil servant in Private sector

Than another one which is not my army friend, still work as civil servant , just daily play games , buy latest games , no need worry job lost , retrench , bonus always there as usual been civil servant.
Ah Butt always kpkb to demoralize sgtalkers and attract attention only lah. He also spends like no tomorrow. If you track his postings, he bought a lot of things online for gaming and others on 11/11. Then about two weeks ago he bought an expensive equipment costing more than $2,000 for making movie of himself. This type of lavish spending doesn't reflect a person going through hard time or frugal as he tried to portray himself. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(06-12-2022, 06:06 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  you stupid fcuk!

Are you referring to yourself again?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(06-12-2022, 06:06 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpgVfNlVIec&t=2s

Don’t live in the past. This red dot is not under LKY but his wayward son.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(06-12-2022, 06:02 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  GST makes shrinkflation worse for us

[Image: 204-FFC06-C041-45-BD-9286-CB28-E3970-D1-A.jpg]
I like the writings of this page, it tends to express what the lesser mortals are facing here......... Clapping Laughing

(06-12-2022, 06:36 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ah Butt always kpkb to demoralize sgtalkers and attract attention only lah. He also spends like no tomorrow. If you track his postings, he bought a lot of things online for gaming and others on 11/11. Then about two weeks ago he bought an expensive equipment costing more than $2,000 for making movie of himself. This type of lavish spending doesn't reflect a person going through hard time or frugal as he tried to portray himself. ... Big Grin

He bought a good phone to take videos of himself to put up on Youtube. It's a money-making machine so it's not a frivolous expense.

(06-12-2022, 06:36 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ah Butt always kpkb to demoralize sgtalkers and attract attention only lah. He also spends like no tomorrow. If you track his postings, he bought a lot of things online for gaming and others on 11/11. Then about two weeks ago he bought an expensive equipment costing more than $2,000 for making movie of himself. This type of lavish spending doesn't reflect a person going through hard time or frugal as he tried to portray himself. ... Big Grin

I do not spend like no tomorrow. Anyway even if I am Peter Lim and have $100M in my bank account it does not change the facts about what is happening  to ordinary Singaporeans...facts are still facts no matter who says it..

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.