India had already banned TikTok in 2020..so should USA..

[Image: YBZLxQ3.jpg]

Actually when the Tiktok CEO was asked a direct question, can the China govt access the data of US citizens, he simply beat around the bush then said he see no "evidence".

It does not matter that he did not see but it was his chance to give full assurance that the Chinese govt has no access to the data but he only beat around the bush.

He has to remember that the 2 govts already do not trust each other so assurance has to be very strong and solid...not non committal...

If truly committed he should state with no uncertainty

1. The data is hosted in USA
2. There is absolutely no access by Chinese nationals as China has law to say citizens have to give data on govt demand.
3. He will subject his network to audit by US regulators.

The way he answers left the law makers with so much unaddressed risk it is irresponsible for them not to ban TikTok.

His performance is dismal. And he did not seem prepared given such tough questioning is expected in.such hearings

Watch this: 

Inforwars ate very real as countries use media to target another

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Ah butt still dun understand the testimony was just a wayang.
[+] 3 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

U Sgbutt, one moron never see the vid where he shared the whole data be in USA and monitored by USA Govt security team.

Using India as a excuse... u CECA ?

Smile
[+] 3 users Like Niubee's post

(29-03-2023, 12:44 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Ah butt still dun understand the testimony was just a wayang.

It is a hidden war US with China.
It is just that US used lousy tactic.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

ban jio ban lor, MYBFD.

sgbuffett = CECA. Fug off!
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(29-03-2023, 07:38 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  sgbuffett = CECA.  Fug off!

I am not ceca ...I am anti communism.

Communism almost destroyed Singapore along with south east Asia. We should guard against it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-03-2023, 12:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: YBZLxQ3.jpg]

Actually when the Tiktok CEO was asked a direct question, can the China govt access the data of US citizens, he simply beat around the bush then said he see no "evidence".

It does not matter that he did not see but it was his chance to give full assurance that the Chinese govt has no access to the data but he only beat around the bush.

He has to remember that the 2 govts already do not trust each other so assurance has to be very strong and solid...not non committal...

2. There is absolutely no access by Chinese nationals as China has law to say citizens have to give data on govt demand.

The way he answers left the law makers with so much unaddressed risk it is irresponsible for them not to ban TikTok.

His performance is dismal. And he did not seem prepared given such tough questioning is expected in.such hearings

Watch this: 

He is ill prepare not sure he is there for what plus such panel teams shall be involved. And he seems like playing heroes

FB IG not stealing our data ?

(29-03-2023, 07:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am not ceca ...I am anti communism.

Communism almost destroyed Singapore along with south east Asia. We should guard against it.

Many of us here are Singapore Chinese, and we do not hate China people but we dislike communism per se, and the CCP................. Big Grin

(29-03-2023, 08:13 AM)debono Wrote:  Many of us here are Singapore Chinese, and we do not hate China people but we dislike communism per se, and the CCP................. Big Grin

me never ask you to represent me.

[Image: 63-B234-B8-CCC0-434-F-9977-316-A27146-E18.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like CHAOS's post

Communism in its purest form is a dead doctrine.  In fact, I would say China is more capitalistic than Singapore
[+] 2 users Like aiptasia's post

(29-03-2023, 08:28 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Communism in its purest form is a dead doctrine.  In fact, I would say China is more capitalistic than Singapore

It's a convenient pretence for anti china haters
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

You simply have no idea about China!

Pathetic!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(29-03-2023, 12:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually when the Tiktok CEO was asked a direct question, can the China govt access the data of US citizens, he simply beat around the bush then said he see no "evidence".

Watch this: 

On the contrary I think Chew's answer was perfect. This line of questioning looks like a trap question for the CEO to walk into and get snared. I dunno what would be the punishment for lying to the investigation board. 

It is common knowledge that when parent companies set up businesses overseas and employ foreign CEOs and workers, they will place a few "own people" in that oversea company to be their eyes and ears and report to them directly. Being a company with China parent, there will definitely have communist cadres holding important positions there who have access to company's data. Being a CEO he can never be dead sure these people dun pass data to China. Further, US might already have evidence of such transaction from their CIA staffs working undercover in Tik Tok and waiting for Chew to answer like you said and get trapped for lying. 

Also answering with there is "no evidence" or " as far as I know" shows to the Congress team that Chew is honest and dun lied like what you, Ah Butt, will do as usual. ... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

The west has a lot more for you to anti. Guns, drugs, lgbt, selling of weapons, bombing and killing, ...
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

The title of the thread doesn't sound logical.

So if India ban roti prata, the US should do the same?
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

From the horse mouth...

https://www.tiktok.com/@justevanfaunce/v...b2TavKOf21
[+] 3 users Like Alice Alicia's post

I can see why Sgbutt and anti China camp are so jealous and angry Big Grin

Smile

(29-03-2023, 07:38 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  sgbuffett = CECA.  Fug off!

He is not a ceca lar.  He's a Malaysian of Chinese descent, and a SPR here.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(29-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Oyk Wrote:  He is not a ceca lar.  He's a Malaysian of Chinese descent, and a SPR here.

Previously from Muar..

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(29-03-2023, 11:47 AM)Niubee Wrote:  I can see why Sgbutt and anti China camp are so jealous and angry Big Grin

Because of china's rise. Really df

(29-03-2023, 12:01 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Because of china's rise. Really df

This Sgbutt will stir shit daily to ease his butt itchiness.

Smile

(29-03-2023, 09:51 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  On the contrary I think Chew's answer was perfect. This line of questioning looks like a trap question for the CEO to walk into and get snared. I dunno what would be the punishment for lying to the investigation board. 

It is common knowledge that when parent companies set up businesses overseas and employ foreign CEOs and workers, they will place a few "own people" in that oversea company to be their eyes and ears and report to them directly. Being a company with China parent, there will definitely have communist cadres holding important positions there who have access to company's data. Being a CEO he can never be dead sure these people dun pass data to China. Further, US might already have evidence of such transaction from their CIA staffs working undercover in Tik Tok and waiting for Chew to answer like you said and get trapped for lying. 

Also answering with there is "no evidence" or " as far as I know" shows to the Congress team that Chew is honest and dun lied like what you, Ah Butt, will do as usual. ... Rolleyes

Agree and also think same...MUST be that there is no way to stop CCP from getting if push comes to shove....The Interrogating Committee probably sense the same.... 
Can see the same tactics employed in corporate world, i.e. when shit is going on but management die die cannot admit to it...
[+] 2 users Like lylcnn's post

(29-03-2023, 08:02 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  .
He is ill prepare not sure he is there for what plus such panel teams shall be involved. And he seems like playing heroes

Just follow Trump's pattern. 
By saying is a bunch of fake  security and insecure people. Big Grin if they going to banned anyway.

(29-03-2023, 08:11 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  FB IG not stealing our data ?

FB,TWTR,GOLE, Which one not legally supporting. ?. Smile

(29-03-2023, 12:18 PM)Blin Wrote:  Just follow Trump's pattern. 
By saying is a bunch of fake  security and insecure people. Big Grin if they going to banned anyway.

😱😱😱 Such panel 
1. Need to discuss with all relevant top executive
2. Anticipate what be ask 
3. Provide and present fact and evidence

No need to keep echoing transparency and Simi your privacy is very import. So what is the solution if say privacy is very important. Any evidence to show whether any thing other than project Texas?

When current inside TikTok I noticed a some scam advertising and chicken advertising.

Only a few good videos and knowledge video sharing

(29-03-2023, 09:33 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It's a convenient pretence for anti china haters

China haters in Singapore social media come from these groups:

1) FLG members
2) Disgruntled Hong Kong and Taiwan nationals
3) CECAs
4) Non ethnic chinese Singaporeans (Indians, Malays, etc) 
5) Jiak kantang sinkies & chinese sinkies who got cheated by PRC hostess => IMO this forms the largest group