Ipoh woman says loan sharks from Singapore set her car on fire

UPDATED NOV 15, 2022, 8:32 PM SGT

IPOH – A 42-year-old woman is pleading to loan sharks to stop harassing her family after her car was set on fire.

“I believe we are being targeted by ‘ah long’ (moneylenders) due to my sister-in-law’s dealings with them.

“I want them to know that we are not the ones who borrowed money,” she said

Ms Yip’s mother-in-law, who wanted to be known only as Madam Cheng, said her daughter told her that it was her former boyfriend who had borrowed money from a loan shark in Singapore.

“I have asked her to please settle the matter. My daughter has not lived here for over 20 years. Please leave us alone as we are innocent,” she said, adding that she was worried about the safety of her four grandchildren in the house.

Lots more at: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi...ar-on-fire

(16-11-2022, 04:56 PM)Levin Wrote:  UPDATED NOV 15, 2022, 8:32 PM SGT

IPOH – A 42-year-old woman is pleading to loan sharks to stop harassing her family after her car was set on fire.

“I believe we are being targeted by ‘ah long’ (moneylenders) due to my sister-in-law’s dealings with them.

Ms Yip’s mother-in-law, who wanted to be known only as Madam Cheng, said her daughter told her that it was her former boyfriend who had borrowed money from a loan shark in Singapore.

“I have asked her to please settle the matter. My daughter has not lived here for over 20 years. Please leave us alone as we are innocent,” she said, adding that she was worried about the safety of her four grandchildren in the house.

Singapore's loan sharks so fierce..... crying

(16-11-2022, 04:56 PM)Levin Wrote:  UPDATED NOV 15, 2022, 8:32 PM SGT

if Sinkie loansharks got the guts to do do this....................they won't be like rats in S'pore liao lor............. Cool

(16-11-2022, 04:59 PM)debono Wrote:  Singapore's loan sharks so fierce..... crying

yes 

singapore PR turn new citizen from malaysia

that why so well verse those relatives in  malaysia 
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(16-11-2022, 05:02 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes 

So the loan sharks are actually Malaysians............... Clapping

I don't think true blue Singaporeans are so familiar with Malaysia so far up north. Usually only go JB .

(16-11-2022, 04:59 PM)debono Wrote:  Singapore's loan sharks so fierce..... crying
You wil be very surprise that these loan sharks cud be m’sians operating in Singapore. I had once rcvd a call from a loan shark and he admit he is actually m’sian doing money lending here.

(16-11-2022, 05:09 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  You wil be very surprise that these loan sharks cud be m’sians operating in Singapore. I had once rcvd a call from a loan shark and he admit he is actually m’sian doing money lending here.

I am not surprised that this is what is happening here....... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

SG ah long only dare to burn house door, splash paint and hang pig head.
Jiuhu ah long Branch dare to do anything

(16-11-2022, 05:02 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes 

Initially i thought that this is ridiculous for Locals to travel all the way there and risk being caught by polis. However, if they are malaysians but SPRs, then it is highly possible.

(16-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Initially i thought that this is ridiculous for Locals to travel all the way there and risk being caught by polis. However, if they are malaysians but SPRs, then it is highly possible.
Lots of foreigners came here and presumed that Spore is a money making haven. They wil resort to all means of illegal activities.

Set fire in malaysia?

(16-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Lots of foreigners came here and presumed that Spore is a money making haven. They wil resort to all means of illegal activities.

Foreigners love to lie, scam, cheat . . . 

so that they can buy condo in JB

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(16-11-2022, 05:09 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  You wil be very surprise that these loan sharks cud be m’sians operating in Singapore. I had once rcvd a call from a loan shark and he admit he is actually m’sian doing money lending here.

(16-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Lots of foreigners came here and presumed that Spore is a money making haven. They wil resort to all means of illegal activities.
Those from jiu hu are very aggressive, and will go to great lengths to make quick money.  They  must be brought to justice, and face strict sentence like jail term and caning...... Angry

her sister in law run road after bollow from loan shark
they tot she is hiding in the ipoh house

(16-11-2022, 07:41 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Set fire in malaysia?

Set fire in Ipoh, Perak.............. crying

Actually, how he loan sharks know her Malaysia address??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(18-11-2022, 03:34 PM)Ola Wrote:  Foreigners love to lie, scam, cheat . . . 

so that they can buy condo in JB
This is indeed true.  The sunshine empire is one example which singaporeans cahoot with malaysians.  Also the shares fraud collapse   
of Blumont, LionGold and Asiasons in 2016 also involved many m'sians.  This fraud caused many to go bankrupt or commit suicide.