Is It Enough to Retire with S$6,000 In Monthly Expenses Given

Is It Enough to Retire with S$6,000 In Monthly Expenses Given The Current Inflation Rate?

https://theindependent.sg/is-it-enough-t...tion-rate/

Huh? $6,000?

I think it depends on medical bills and whether there is a need for a maid. If no such concerns then can easily survive on $1,500 average per month for a single person. I did that for a few years for $1,200 to $1.300 average per month (closer to 1,200) as an experiment. And this includes buying aircon, washing machine, a 2 seater sofa, a 58-inch TV, a 49-inch TV, laptopS etc during those years.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(03-12-2022, 01:04 PM)Levin Wrote:  Huh? $6,000?

I think depends on medical bills and whether there is a need for a maid. If no such concerns then can easily survive on $1,500 average per month for single person. I did that for a few years at below $1,200 to $1.300 average per month (closer to 1,200) as an experiment. And this includes buying aircon, washing machine, a 2 seater sofa, a 58-inch TV, a 49-inch TV, laptopS etc during those years.

You are right that $1,200 is enough for a retiree, who is a single person......... Laughing Clapping

Given a choice who doesn't want to have a luxurious life style?

But how many people can really achieve this? Not unless you are borne with a scintillating silver spoon, or you have been real lucky in Toto or Big Sweep.

Some can't even smell close to a retirement sum of 1k per month even after working extremely hard throughout their entire life span.

Can if healthy n no little 3

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(03-12-2022, 01:23 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Given a choice who doesn't want to have a luxurious life style?

But how many people can really achieve this? Not unless you are borne with a scintillating silver spoon, or you have been real lucky in Toto or Big Sweep.

Some can't even smell close to a retirement sum of 1k per month even after working extremely hard throughout their entire life span.

That is true, to cut to a chase, $1000 per month for a single retiree is sufficient to pay for all necessities...... Laughing Clapping