Is the Workers’ Party a good opposition party in Government?

OPINION | Is the Workers’ Party a good opposition party in Government? Plus rage in Singapore and other stories in review

https://theindependent.sg/opinion-is-the...in-review/

(21-11-2022, 10:07 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  OPINION | Is the Workers’ Party a good opposition party in Government? Plus rage in Singapore and other stories in review

An opposition party is by definition not the government, so there is no such thing as a "good opposition party in government". Even if this was a third party submitted letter, surely some basic editing should be performed...

I'm surprised The Independent would make such an entry level mistake, I've always thought they were one of the better alternative media platforms out there.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

WP too quiet lah..................either scared kena fixed...............or just controlled opposition................

after all, how many people willing to risk their personal freedom and career for a hopeless cause...........?
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(21-11-2022, 12:20 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  WP too quiet lah..................either scared kena fixed...............or just controlled opposition................

after all, how many people willing to risk their personal freedom and career for a hopeless cause...........?

I don't think the WP is not a good opposition party.  They had been getting more MP to get into parliament, and in the next GE, there could be more WP MPs be elected into parliament............. Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(21-11-2022, 12:24 PM)debono Wrote:  I don't think the WP is not a good opposition party.  They had been getting more MP to get into parliament, and in the next GE, there could be more WP MPs be elected into parliament............. Rolleyes

Yes such as he ting ru, jamus and ...
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

With the combination of PSP and SDP, it will form a better and stronger Opposition Parties.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Let see next GE they will win more GRCs… Rotfl

Bolehland also finally kick out lousy party.
I think we need to be worried now.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

PAP raped you when you are sober
WP raped you when you are drunk

both also poke you

(21-11-2022, 10:07 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  OPINION | Is the Workers’ Party a good opposition party in Government? Plus rage in Singapore and other stories in review

They dare to go against PM Lee and PAP meh?  Thinking

(21-11-2022, 12:29 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Yes such as he ting ru, jamus and ...
Terence Tan from WP shd not be left out too.  He almost clinched East Coast GRC in the last GE.  He is a very high flier in the law practice.
Very intelligent and eloquent.

They are so call " draw a line " some questions don't dare to ask

perhaps also a " tactics to get survive longer in Parliament " to avoid PAP trying to find faults on Opposition

this is why perhaps WP Low and Chiam able to stay inside for long than JBJ of WP.

for me , also bad as Opposition is like " trolling the people as usual " End of the day Opposition = PAP ???

I shall say , should vote Different Opposition parties inside to ensure " A check "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(21-11-2022, 12:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  They are so call " draw a line " some questions don't dare to ask

perhaps also a " tactics to get survive longer in Parliament " to avoid PAP trying to find faults on Opposition

this is why perhaps WP Low and Chiam able to stay inside for long than JBJ of WP.

for me , also bad as Opposition is like " trolling the people as usual " End of the day Opposition = PAP ???

I shall say , should vote Different Opposition parties inside to ensure " A check "

They are smarter to not ask certain questions to stay alive lah! Big Grin

(21-11-2022, 12:43 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Terence Tan from WP shd not be left out too.  He almost clinched East Coast GRC in the last GE.  He is a very high flier in the law practice.
Very intelligent and eloquent.

He will be a good opposition candidate in the next GE......... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(21-11-2022, 12:32 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Let see next GE they will win more GRCs… Rotfl

Bolehland also finally kick out lousy party.
I think we need to be worried now.

dont hv high hopes
pap knows all these 
it may be too late to get more grc fr opp parties
they will expedite granting citizenship to those who may not be ft just to get more foreigners to vote for pap

(21-11-2022, 12:57 PM)debono Wrote:  He will be a good opposition candidate in the next GE......... Clapping
When I heard his speech in the last GE, I am really amazed. He is equivalent of Jamus Lim. A blooming and promising young guy. Any time better than those useless ministers who are after monetary gains.