Jamus Lim: Singapore’s poor citizens are struggling despite nation’s wealth;

Jamus Lim: Singapore’s poor citizens are struggling despite nation’s wealth; need to establish poverty line

https://theindependent.sg/jamus-lim-sing...erty-line/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

This is because of the disparity in earnings. The rich, like ministars, are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer, like cardboard collectors.

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 3 users Like klat's post

Inequality rises year after year in Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

GREEDY PAP will claim " give CDC Voucher, GST rebate blah blah AS IF the money dam a lot like that "

Than they will claim cannot give too much wait reserves run out.

(18-04-2023, 01:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Inequality rises year after year in Singapore.

Any statistics ? Govt presented improving gini index if recall right. after transfers

Every points that Jamus Lim brought up are truths and facts. Of course, the garmen does not wish to admit all these just becos they are Oppositions.

LW was just promoting broad-based meritocracy. Come to think of it, Jamus would have been a Minister if the miw had invited him to join pap and didn't look down on his background from a lousy school.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(18-04-2023, 02:00 PM)starbugs Wrote:  LW was just promoting broad-based meritocracy. Come to think of it, Jamus would have been a Minister if the miw had invited him to join pap and didn't look down on his background from a lousy school.

FYI Jamus education level is Higher more better than crap Chan Chun Sing , OYK de likes.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(18-04-2023, 02:11 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  FYI Jamus education level is Higher more better than crap Chan Chun Sing , OYK de likes.

FYI he may have a PhD but the unis he attended are mostly so called second/third tier ones. E.g. southern Queensland, UC Santa Cruz

(18-04-2023, 02:00 PM)starbugs Wrote:  LW was just promoting broad-based meritocracy. Come to think of it, Jamus would have been a Minister if the miw had invited him to join pap and didn't look down on his background from a lousy school.

no question about it
after election he will be minister of state for finace,
1 yr later sr minister of state for finance
6 mths later finance minister.

lucky for the 40% to hv jamus

Let’s get our facts right. A Rich Country is not akin to rich locals.

[Image: 404-E9-AA9-02-B4-40-B2-9-E43-B622-AF7-D2058.jpg]

nfc gridder crossword
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(18-04-2023, 01:14 PM)klat Wrote:  This is because of the disparity in earnings. The rich, like ministars, are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer, like cardboard collectors.

Is there a  means to help  the cardboard collectors.............and not say that they do this as a form of exercise.................? Thinking

Why didn’t Chen Show Mao his predecessor work as hard as Jamus? Hardly hear him during his tenure.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Majority of Singaporeans Say The PAP Handled Inflation 'Badly'!

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/current...tion-badly
[+] 1 user Likes Reddishday's post

They will raise gst to 12% in order to help the struggling and poor.