Just now I got one cousin never give me red packet

who is last year got married , instead my parents give them red packets.

Why cousin must give angbao? You so desperate for money ah?

(23-01-2023, 12:52 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Why cousin must give angbao? You so desperate for money ah?

Married one standard give red packets mah.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(23-01-2023, 12:53 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Married one standard give red packets mah.

BS lah. But I must agree ppl are very stingy these days. My standard is at least $10 but they only give my daughter $6. Wah lau, this going on for years. They buay paiseh meh

(23-01-2023, 12:58 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  BS lah. But I must agree ppl are very stingy these days. My standard is at least $10 but they only give my daughter $6. Wah lau, this going on for years. They buay paiseh meh

what BS? Isn't married one must give red packet meh

side note, 6 bucks also money what. I honestly speaking my parents give 8 bucks , but come wedding , or baby birthday of course give more.

(23-01-2023, 01:02 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  what BS? Isn't married one must give red packet meh

side note, 6 bucks also money what. I honestly speaking my parents give 8 bucks , but come wedding , or baby birthday of course give more.

You go and ask around lah. Nowadays same generation dun give to same generation. 

Of cos $6 is ok. I dun belittle $6. But pls lah, they brought one bunch of children to the house and year after year give that amount even though I give them a lot more. Mine is a single income family but they have couple working leh. Definitely earn more than me. Isn't it right to reciprocate?

(23-01-2023, 01:07 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You go and ask around lah. Nowadays same generation dun give to same generation. 

Of cos $6 is ok. I dun belittle $6. But pls lah, they brought one bunch of children to the house and year after year give that amount even though I give them a lot more. Mine is a single income family but they have couple working leh. Definitely earn more than me. Isn't it right to reciprocate?

I from Gen X leh , my cousin is from Gen Z they around 20++ me 40 +

Smile

for your case , you claim they give u 6 bucks to your kid , than you also give back 6 bucks to their kids lor

(23-01-2023, 01:12 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I from Gen X leh , my cousin is from Gen Z  they around 20++ me 40 +

Smile

for your case , you claim they give u 6 bucks to your kid , than you also give back 6 bucks to their kids lor

Like that u not paiseh to still think he'll give u angbao? 

I didn't know they give so little until my wife told me about it. I'm not the one who open the angbao. But ya, next year give them less  Big Grin

(23-01-2023, 12:53 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Married one standard give red packets mah.

waliao you buay pai seh, so old already still wants to collect ang bao from relatives ah
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

(23-01-2023, 01:12 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I from Gen X leh , my cousin is from Gen Z  they around 20++ me 40 +

Smile

You not xiasuay??

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

Gay got discount

My sis gives only $4 but I give minimum $10 or $20 depending on who.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

pai seh for what?

I learn from PAP mah Smile
got money on the table don't take??

Why not automatic? Still collect any pow at your age??

(23-01-2023, 02:21 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Why not automatic? Still collect any pow at your age??

Smile I still single mah

(23-01-2023, 07:45 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  My sis gives only $4 but I give minimum $10 or $20 depending on who.

Market rate is min $20 for relatives. More for own children.

$10-12 for cleaners, maids, bangla, pump assistants, etc.

$4 is way below market rate. Now inflationary pressure leh. Everything must go up.

(23-01-2023, 02:22 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile I still single mah

Single also can give ang pow. Did you give to children and old folks?

(23-01-2023, 02:26 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Single also can give ang pow. Did you give to children and old folks?

cannot give rah , the rule is Single take mah .

I give my cousin tibits and drinks

(23-01-2023, 12:58 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  BS lah. But I must agree ppl are very stingy these days. My standard is at least $10 but they only give my daughter $6. Wah lau, this going on for years. They buay paiseh meh

Close relative give more, not so close give less.
My daughter told me his classmate received $1k red angbow from his grandparent. Rotfl 
Is it too much? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(23-01-2023, 02:26 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Single also can give ang pow.  Did you give to children and old folks?
Precisely...rules are all men made .
Singles  doing well are also sharing generously. 

Be magnanimous, not calculative.

(23-01-2023, 07:45 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  My sis gives only $4 but I give minimum $10 or $20 depending on who.

I gave $10 to $20.

(23-01-2023, 02:38 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Precisely...rules are all men made .
Singles  doing well are also sharing generously. 

Be magnanimous, not calculative.

If Rich yet " stingy " than need to be say lor..

IF I DAM RICH , I also can give , each red packet put 5k

Recently that what influencer Naomi showing off her red packets got stalks of 5o bucks inside. Quite thick

Obviously some of her relative is rich , beside herself.

I still remembered when I was a little boy, one of my uncles gave me $20 red packet.
That was so long ago.
I was so happy Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(23-01-2023, 02:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I still remembered when I was a little boy, one of my uncles gave me $20 red packet.
That was so long ago.
I was so happy Rotfl

last time 20 bucks is consider quite a big red packet.

(23-01-2023, 02:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I still remembered when I was a little boy, one of my uncles gave me $20 red packet.
That was so long ago.
I was so happy Rotfl

(23-01-2023, 02:43 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  last time 20 bucks is consider quite a big red packet.

last time my dad used to give us $365 red packet so that every day would be 平安顺利. so i'm more or less influenced by him and give big red packet to my nephews. thankfully i don't have many of them  Rotfl

(23-01-2023, 02:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Close relative give more, not so close give less.
My daughter told me his classmate received $1k red angbow from his grandparent. Rotfl 
Is it too much? Thinking

Those who give less are actually my relatives

(23-01-2023, 02:53 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  last time my dad used to give us $365 red packet so that every day would be 平安顺利. so i'm more or less influenced by him and give big red packet to my nephews. thankfully i don't have many of them  Rotfl

Smile from young till now, my Biggest red packets Always is from my Father side , my Rich Uncle and Aunty
standard. The rates increase as I grow up, remember i just 10 years old they already give me 50 to 100 bucks , slowly increase till now is 1k

my mother side , the uncles and aunties not much , biggest received is 20 bucks , if my mother sister give will be slightly a bit more sometimes but always also the same roughy 20 bucks or so , less than 30 bucks.