Keppel : Letting corrupt executives off with a warning is WRONG..

In places where corruption is no longer tolerated like S Korea or Taiwan, the people will be out on the streets protesting and the media will investigate and expose any cover ups.

In Singapore, however, a simple excuse of not being able to get evidence from  other countries is used to let the rich and powerful executives of Keppel off. Did they even ask for the evidence before claiming they can't get it?

[Image: bBYUBk5.jpg]

How far have we deteriorated to let perpetrators of a US$55M corruption scandal go free?

This is not the Singapore we know. The morality, ethics and integrity are now all gone.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 9 users Like sgbuffett's post

too late liao. damage have be made

(25-01-2023, 09:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In places where corruption is no longer tolerated like S Korea or Taiwan, the people will be out on the streets protesting and the media will investigate and expose any cover ups.

In Singapore, however, a simple excuse of not being able to get evidence from  other countries is used to let the rich and powerful executives of Keppel off. Did they even ask for the evidence before claiming they can't get it?

How far have we deteriorated to let perpetrators of a $55M corruption scandal go free?

This is not the Singapore we know. The morality, ethics and integrity are now all gone.

All the dirty linens will be brought out in court and the top politicians including ah jinx will be named in court. So better sweep under the carpet so to speak

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

The identities of the alleged 6 are provided here:

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/current...edia-trust ( scroll all the way down to kurtz's post)

Bullying the weak is always easier than bullying the rich and mighty.

(25-01-2023, 09:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In places where corruption is no longer tolerated like S Korea or Taiwan, the people will be out on the streets protesting and the media will investigate and expose any cover ups.

How far have we deteriorated to let perpetrators of a $55M corruption scandal go free?

this is a good case for opposition MPs to counter check on PAP govt.

we need to see how effective are WP and Leong Mun Wai function as opposition MPs.

if opposition MPs fail to act on it, it means there is no counter check on PAP govt even if there is corruption in the govt.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Recently CNY visit my rich uncle came my place also talk about this saga

He told me “ if “ those 6 been charged ?
How the chief judge ? He is appointed by the PAP

And Keppel deep behind is who ? Pap ppl

So if been charge will drag “ other along “
And these 6 ? Obviously under their “ own connection “

(25-01-2023, 09:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Recently CNY visit my rich uncle came my place also talk about this saga

He told me “ if “ those 6 been charged ?
How the chief judge ? He is appointed by the PAP

And Keppel deep behind is who ? Pap ppl

So if been charge will drag “ other along “
And these 6 ? Obviously under their “ own connection “

The 6 must have threatened to 一拍两散. That's why they are let off with a warning?
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

last time no million dollars paycheck
singapore was govern with great credibility and accountability.

now with greedy million dollars paycheck
singapore become no credibility and no accountability and no integrity
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(25-01-2023, 10:01 PM)winbig Wrote:  The 6 must have threatened to 一拍两散. That's why they are let off with a warning?

"Having to consult AGC, seemingly, CPIB is shying away from taking full responsibility. 

If PM Lee and Law Minister K Shanmugan didn't even  comment or criticized CPIBs decisions, then, who else has the courage to say it's wrong?"

[Image: t99khK4.jpg]
[Image: GWBaJLs.jpg]

Bribery is a serious crime. If they made a genuine effort and spend the time going after perpetrators and failed they can still answer to the people.

What they have done the people will not forget.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

How far have we deteriorated to let perpetrators of a US$55M corruption scandal go free?

In short, it's a Bloody Fucking Shitty System..

(26-01-2023, 05:07 AM)Scythian Wrote:  In short, it's a Bloody Fucking Shitty System..

Singapore 6 corrupted executives were issued with stern warning is more shitty than Venezuela, a 3rd world country..

The New York Times:
Six U.S. Oil Executives Are Convicted of Corruption in Venezuela

The so-called Citgo 6, who had been lured to Venezuela three years ago for a business meeting, were immediately sentenced to prison."

The men — Gustavo Cárdenas, Jorge Toledo, Tomeu Vadell, Jose Luis Zambrano, Alirio Jose Zambrano and Jose Angel Pereira — each face more than eight years in prison. Five are Venezuelan-Americans with roots in Texas and Louisiana, and one is a permanent U.S. resident, according to media reports.

Five of the men were sentenced to prison terms of eight years and 10 months, while one received a 13-year sentence. A defense lawyer, Jesus Loreto, said the five with lesser terms could be released on parole in a couple of years.

Double standard. 2 words to describe, that's all

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

Remind them in the next GE Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-01-2023, 09:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Bullying the weak is always easier than bullying the rich and mighty.

This is normal. Strong bully weak. That is why stay safe by PLP if weak.

(26-01-2023, 09:34 AM)dynamite Wrote:  This is normal. Strong bully weak. That is why stay safe by PLP if weak.
That's right. If weak dun act tough, go PLP.  If strong, go ahead and bully the weaklings. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

In a way it is a 'corrupt' regime where those well connected to papayas will get off lightly, no different from other corrupt countries.
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

[Image: uxXxQhR.jpg]

The case below always  me and over time I understood the system better. One has to toss aside idealistic views and see things for what they are.

Over time society develops and elites emerged and things become different.

[Image: eJiRAGt.jpg]

the reason why those 6 executives can't be charged is obvious : it implicated the top boss of Keppel.

you think $55M can just be used without the board of directors approval ?

(26-01-2023, 10:14 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  the reason why those 6 executives can't be charged is obvious : it implicated the top boss of Keppel.

you think $55M can just be used without the board of directors approval ?

The top boss of Keppel had to ask the even top, top bosses. 

you think $55M can just be used without the top, top bosses approval ?
[+] 2 users Like Stoki's post

you really think these execs can access the money ??!! Big Grin

Pinky gave permission lah.................otherwise, who got the balls to use so much money to bribe people............... Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(26-01-2023, 10:20 AM)Stoki Wrote:  The top boss of Keppel had to ask the even top, top bosses. 

That will lead to the top of the top. Who will be that honcho? Who knows, it could be a political decision. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(26-01-2023, 10:20 AM)Stoki Wrote:  The top boss of Keppel had to ask the even top, top bosses. 

If they are complicit in such behavior all the more it should be investigated.

that is what I means.

like that PM must resign, so is temasick ceo.

The elites can do no wrong. Even if there's any mistake found out, it has to be genuine mistake that the only needed remedy is to move on and give them a bigger paycheck so that any corruption is not necessary.

只许州官放火,不许百姓点灯。lol. Nothing new la

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

being an 'eliteists' group
has its 'previleges'
eg..can bend the law to suit them

Husband and wife team, how not to corrupt. All wayang faker for show. covered up here and there . only their face not covered but all know. very Sia sway you know.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post