Long long time ago flood in S'pore was very serious...here's proof

Also have snakes involved in floods....watch this scene documenting such floods.

Watch heroic scene of Mark Lee wrestling the creature during the flood

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Malaysia.

(25-08-2021, 09:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Also have snakes involved in floods....watch this scene documenting such snake floods.

... this one is movie.  

https://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/...12-30.html

maybe read this one better.

Potong Pasir

(25-08-2021, 09:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Also have snakes involved in floods....watch this scene documenting such snake floods.

What kind of documentary is this with Mark Lee there? .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

No different today despite 100s of Billions of Dollars spent on improving

I remember I parked my car in the basement of Coronation Shopping Plaza at Bukit Timah Road one day when I saw floodwater in the drains started to rise. Then there was no way to tell how high the water would rise because there was no such thing as handphone or pocket radios those days to listen to the news or weather forecast. I quickly drove my car out from the basement of Coronation Plaza and took one big turn back to stop my car on top of the nearby overhead bridge. I could see the floodwater rose and flooded Bukit Timah Road. Of course, The basement of Coronation Plaza was completely under the flood water with many cars still left in the basement.

(25-08-2021, 02:18 PM)revealer Wrote:  I remember I parked my car in the basement of Coronation Shopping Plaza at Bukit Timah Road one day when I saw floodwater in the drains started to rise.    Then there was no way to tell how high the water would rise because there was no such thing as handphone or pocket radios those days to listen to the news or weather forecast.    I quickly drove my car out from the basement of Coronation Plaza and took one big turn back to stop my car on top of the nearby overhead bridge.  I could see the floodwater rose and flooded Bukit Timah Road.  Of course,  The basement of Coronation Plaza was completely under the flood water with many cars still left in the basement.

Such an incident you describe can only happen before 1992 because after that the govt extensive redo the canal system in bukit times area.

30yrs ago....you were driving car that makes you ver senior like older than Jac Lau Jac who is 59 this Yr.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-08-2021, 02:18 PM)revealer Wrote:  I remember I parked my car in the basement of Coronation Shopping Plaza at Bukit Timah Road one day when I saw floodwater in the drains started to rise.    Then there was no way to tell how high the water would rise because there was no such thing as handphone or pocket radios those days to listen to the news or weather forecast.    I quickly drove my car out from the basement of Coronation Plaza and took one big turn back to stop my car on top of the nearby overhead bridge.  I could see the floodwater rose and flooded Bukit Timah Road.  Of course,  The basement of Coronation Plaza was completely under the flood water with many cars still left in the basement.

wahhhh..... you really lao unker...... respect  Gesti-109

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Flood is no joke.
Last time during rainy days, had to go barefooted.

(25-08-2021, 09:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Also have snakes involved in floods....watch this scene documenting such floods.

Watch heroic scene of Mark Lee wrestling the creature during the flood

Nice and touching movie. I hv seen it.