Losses on FTX an 'egg on the face', but Temasek Holdings unfazed by

Losses on FTX an 'egg on the face', but Temasek Holdings unfazed by 'twiddles and sentiments of market': Ho Ching

In a Facebook post on Saturday (Nov 26), Mdm Ho described Temasek’s full write down of its US$275 million (S$376.7 million) investment in FTX as one borne of a clear decision, but that was still a painful loss to bear.  

➡️ https://tdy.sg/3GRGYbh

@todayonlinesg

Mean what?
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(29-11-2022, 02:58 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Mean what?

take it or leave it. She will carry on... crying

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Niubee's post

She feels "Entitled"

Why that disGrace X 4 never ask her to say Sorry to SG?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(29-11-2022, 03:33 PM)Niubee Wrote:  take it or leave it. She will carry on...  crying

We   should understand that HC is the most powerful woman in Singapore, and some say the world........ Rotfl nudie
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(29-11-2022, 04:07 PM)debono Wrote:  We   should understand that HC is the most powerful woman in Singapore, and some say the world........ Rotfl nudie
You mean she is from the untouchable class? She can do whatever she wants with TH? .... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Didn't address the due diligence fiasco. Who don't know they can afford to be contrarian and there are risks involved in investments?

Obvious someone screwed up and didn't see the red flags.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(29-11-2022, 05:11 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You mean she is from the untouchable class? She can do whatever she wants with TH? .... Thinking
You have hit the nail on the head.............. Clapping Laughing

Maybe should check how much long term investments they may have loss in AT land, that one could be the scale of durian on the face. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 1 user Likes Soulhacker's post

After reading what she wrote
, i conclude she has no financial.background but was given the job.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-11-2022, 05:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After reading what she wrote

She is there by default, cos she is the PM's wife...... crying

I agree they should use Elon Job questions and fire Her and the other analysts.

[Image: 31337-B35-341-C-431-C-AB60-C80546-E59-A8-C.jpg]

(29-11-2022, 05:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After reading what she wrote

Just to elaborate on what I wrote....she thinks that making wild unsound investments is contrarian...this is serious misconception and is very dangerous.

A contrarian investor is one with more knowledge and is more careful than other investors when making a conclusion abt an investment to go against the crowd.

Temasek 8nvestment in FtX is just following the crypto crowd and is a careless investment 

What Ho Ching wrote is so incorrect it is shocking.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(29-11-2022, 06:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just to elaborate on what I wrote....she thinks that making wild unsound investments is contrarian...this is serious misconception and US very dangerous.

A contrarian investor is one with more knowledge and is more careful than other investors when making a conclusion abt an investment to go against the crowd.

Temasek 8nvestment in FtX is just following the crypto crowd and is a careless investment 

What Ho Ching wrote is so incorrect it is shocking.

There were red flags when investing in crypto currency of FTX........... crying
Devil 

(29-11-2022, 07:02 PM)debono Wrote:  There were red flags when investing in crypto currency of FTX........... crying

VERY FISHY.

To the best of my knowledge they will use a microscope to check every anus hair if you send them an investment proposal.

Something not right with the FTX investment process. 

Must have a Notice of Compliance ala SGX issue to listcos, from MOF.

vomit vomit vomit
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

(29-11-2022, 07:24 PM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  VERY FISHY.

To the best of my knowledge they will use a microscope to check every anus hair if you send them an investment proposal.

Something not right with the FTX investment process. 

Must have a Notice of Compliance ala SGX issue to listcos, from MOF.

vomit vomit vomit
If they use a  microscope to check every anus hair, then the 270 million investment would not have happened..... Thinking
[+] 2 users Like debono's post