Meditation

Been practicing meditation for quite sometimes. Stop then continue back recently. Should not stop anymore. Love it very much

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

I think I can't.
Cos the moment I sit in a very relax posture, sure KO.

(28-07-2021, 09:16 AM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  I think I can't.
Cos the moment I sit in a very relax posture, sure KO.
Can be done, just a matter of concentration and attentiveness to yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(28-07-2021, 04:05 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Can be done, just a matter of concentration and attentiveness to yourself.

I don't know whether is it due to exhaustion.
Even yoga too, we hv few min to relax by lying on the map with eye closed...I snoozed. 
Whrn woke up, my yoga friends n instructor all laughing.

What kind of meditation? Got many kinds..

I am 60 this year. Thank God I am still alive and quite healthy.  I encountered a medical misadventure in 2014 and comatosed for 3-years (2014-16). After 1 year of physiotherapy, I am able to walk, drive and converse properly.  Have visited China, Thailand, India and USA since.

I am a regular practitioner of meditation. I am not sure what form of meditation it is called but very simple. Each session takes me 10 - 15 minutes only.

1. Sit in a stool with no back support.

2. Keep both feet on the ground....no slippers or shoes. 

3. Keep back straight and close eyes.

4. Breath in slowly through your nose (5 counts): hold breath (3 counts): breath out slowly (7 counts)

* I find focusing on the counts helped keep my mind clear of wandering thoughts.  

I practiced this in my room and very easy.
[+] 2 users Like SorChai7878's post

its breathing exercise

(01-08-2021, 08:08 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  What kind of meditation? Got many kinds..

I practice 九阳神功。

I practice 六脉神剑 and 降龙十八掌 also. Laughing

(28-07-2021, 07:57 AM)Rainforest Wrote:  Been practicing meditation for quite sometimes. Stop then continue back recently. Should not stop anymore. Love it very much

What are the benefits you can derive from such session? Care to share?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(13-09-2021, 07:45 PM)SorChai7878 Wrote:  I am 60 this year. Thank God I am still alive and quite healthy.  I encountered a medical misadventure in 2014 and comatosed for 3-years (2014-16). After 1 year of physiotherapy, I am able to walk, drive and converse properly.  Have visited China, Thailand, India and USA since.

I am a regular practitioner of meditation. I am not sure what form of meditation it is called but very simple. Each session takes me 10 - 15 minutes only.

1. Sit in a stool with no back support.

2. Keep both feet on the ground....no slippers or shoes. 

3. Keep back straight and close eyes.

4. Breath in slowly through your nose (5 counts): hold breath (3 counts): breath out slowly (7 counts)

* I find focusing on the counts helped keep my mind clear of wandering thoughts.  

I practiced this in my room and very easy.

Wow, you were more or less away for three years before coming back to active life again. Congratulations! How does your meditation help you?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(16-10-2021, 06:07 PM)Fit Wrote:  Wow, you were more or less away for three years before coming back to active life again. Congratulations! How does your meditation help you?

I recommend you practice 易筋经 。