Miscalculation: PM Lee didn't expected 9 other Asean to stay neutral

Miscalculation: PM Lee didn't expected 9 other Asean members to stay neutral .

He would have anticipated a few to join Singapore in the lead

Sadly, Singapore made a mockery of the grouping.
[+] 3 users Like Scythian's post

He thought PAP is very powerful everywhere
[+] 3 users Like Dan's post

He thought he's very clever and other people are very stupid.
[+] 7 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(19-03-2022, 12:46 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Miscalculation: PM Lee didn't expected 9 other Asean members to stay neutral .

It is surprising but he should have already discussed with Vivian and Ng. 
Other than the west, rest of the world are rather mute. 
Maybe is Vivian and Ng do not get feedback well, so cannot blame him.
one Survey said 95% sporeans support him  Cool

Suddenly he realise he got no neighbors. Haha.
[+] 2 users Like Sharexchange's post

(19-03-2022, 01:01 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Suddenly he realise he got no neighbors. Haha.

Bwhahahahaaaaaaaa!

if LKY still around will " act blur stay neutral too "
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Now Russia, and Russia’s friend China, and Russia’s friend India , total population of 3 billion, may have decided to unfriend Singapore already? Is sanctioning Russia punching above Singapore’s weight?
[+] 1 user Likes limkopi's post

(19-03-2022, 12:50 PM)Dan Wrote:  He thought PAP is very powerful everywhere

this miscalculation will hv v v serious implications for silly n stupiporeans in the yrs to come.

but by then in the next 10yrs he will no longer  be around to suffer,maybe his descendents .but there again they are rich may hv already migrated .

so this is all what the 61% u all asked for it.
[+] 3 users Like talky's post

(19-03-2022, 01:13 PM)limkopi Wrote:  Now Russia, and Russia’s friend China, and Russia’s friend India , total population of 3 billion, may have decided to unfriend Singapore already? Is sanctioning Russia punching above Singapore’s weight?

if u can only carry weights of up to 200 kg,
die die want to carry 250kg will meet w disaster
serious case is die,not so serious paralysed n stay bed ridden for the rest of yr life.
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

Singapore is right to condemn invasion, but at a wrong time. Wait for UN resolution to pass then condemn, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

Political naive

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Galilo_l's post

why we have clown as pm is something we need to pondered.
[+] 4 users Like jus4lucky's post

I think Singapore should not be too eager to show off. Sometimes silence is golden.

By all means condemn lah, but don't sanction!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post

I support China quest for peace between Ukraine and Russia. The western way uses sanctions to punish. It is all sticks and no carrots. Who needs threats? Which nation will ever respond well to sanctions and threats? Sanctions is a means to show who has the power, upper hand. But in reality, in serves no useful purposes. America thinks it is the most dominating country in the world. No more!
[+] 1 user Likes limkopi's post

Which country so stupid to follow CECA?

They all sign RCEP instead.

Who wants to follow disGace with her carbon initiative show off

None, too.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

One must know why Singapore is the World's leading financial hub.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/in...cities.asp

Can you afford not to choose sides especially when Singapore has little or no trade with Russia?  Just too much to lose.
[+] 2 users Like revealer's post

(19-03-2022, 02:00 PM)revealer Wrote:  One must know why Singapore is the World's leading financial hub.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/in...cities.asp

Can you afford not to choose sides especially when Singapore has little or no trade with Russia?

Because we copy HK as financial hub, in TV drama and also covid practices 2020. 

Current PAP only good with Copy here and there then do some tweaking.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(19-03-2022, 01:42 PM)limkopi Wrote:  I think Singapore should not be too eager to show off. Sometimes silence is golden.
So  Clapping to U.S... nudie

(19-03-2022, 01:01 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Suddenly he realise he got no neighbors. Haha.

We shd be worried, if 1 day we are in deep trouble. No neighbour will help us… Sick

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(19-03-2022, 01:46 PM)Fit Wrote:  By all means condemn lah, but don't sanction!

Bro, you are smarter than Vivi… Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Once you are in the US approved system , you have no other choice but to submit. If dun sanction,North Korea and other countries will definitely term us as country without spinal or just a runner for US .At least dont declare to the world so loudly we sanction la....🤫🤫🤫

(19-03-2022, 01:11 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  if LKY still around will " act blur stay neutral too "

LKY was the smartest Asia leader.
He and his team built the strong national reserve.
He was respected by former America president
and Chairman of China 
Very firm when support canning for an America citizen who did vandalism in Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes Oasis's post

https://youtu.be/5c8tvHtt6xw

(19-03-2022, 01:20 PM)talky Wrote:  this miscalculation will hv v v serious implications for silly n stupiporeans in the yrs to come.

but by then in the next 10yrs he will no longer  be around to suffer,maybe his descendents .but there again they are rich may hv already migrated .

so this is all what the 61% u all asked for it.

Why only 61% ?
Those vote opposition can walk free?
Ukraine president made wrong decision
Who are the victims?
It will take how many years to rebuild it's economy
Easier to destroy, right?
Why human can't love each other?

Just a thinking, can Singapore now declared ,don't sanction already withdraw it and normalised relationship with Russia ? reason being our neighbouring countries only kpkb but no sanction .?

(19-03-2022, 12:46 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Miscalculation: PM Lee didn't expected 9 other Asean members to stay neutral .

https://youtu.be/vNQXLhIcPrc
[+] 1 user Likes Teeth53's post

The famous hokkien line, kiang jiu ho, mai kei kiang.

(19-03-2022, 04:31 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The famous hokkien line, kiang jiu ho, mai kei kiang.

You mean Pinky and Bala's sanction is kay kiang ah?...... Laughter-13

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung