More healthcare workers in S'pore resigning amid growing fatigue as Covid-19 drags on

Cheryl Tan
PUBLISHED 1 HOUR AGO

SINGAPORE - Resignation rates among healthcare workers are going up, Senior Minister of State for Health Janil Puthucheary said on Monday (Nov 1).

In the first half of the year, around 1,500 healthcare workers have resigned so far, compared to 2,000 annually pre-pandemic, he said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...d-19-drags

Not becos of booster shots ar?
[+] 5 users Like singlon's post

I thought they were paid extra 2 months of bonus to retain them while PaP does nothing except plan?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Why is he telling us his problems?
Never plan for new staff wan meh?
Or cant forsee this would happened?

Liddat pay me $m lah.
[+] 2 users Like Notdumb's post

(01-11-2021, 04:36 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  I thought they were paid extra 2 months of bonus to retain them while PaP does nothing except plan?

Not every body work because of money, therefore getting a few months bonuses is not the criteria for them to want to stay in the health care industry...It is backbreaking work, with so many infections and deaths going on. crying

(01-11-2021, 04:43 PM)debono Wrote:  Not every body work because of money, therefore getting a few months bonuses is not the criteria for them to want to stay in the health care industry...It is backbreaking work, with so many infections and deaths going on. crying

Can u go ask all the PAP ministers work for wat huh? Thinking

(01-11-2021, 04:43 PM)debono Wrote:  Not every body work because of money, therefore getting a few months bonuses is not the criteria for them to want to stay in the health care industry...It is backbreaking work, with so many infections and deaths going on. crying

Too heartbreaking to see many helpless people die of covid everyday. 

This kind of cruel jobs fit PaP Mimisters the best!

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 1 user Likes Symmetry's post

(01-11-2021, 04:56 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Can u go ask all the PAP ministers work for wat huh? Thinking

For some, it is that they work as a  national service to the republic.  Also some work because of the power and fame.... Laughing

Could be the heavy work stress and the occupational risks involved and other reasons too?

(01-11-2021, 05:02 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Could be the heavy work stress and the occupational risks involved and other reasons too?

Yes, you are right, with this pandemic, there is a heavy work load, and also they are exposed to occupational hazards.... Laughing

I am very sure this is part of the plan under Ong Ye Kung, lah.

OOPS! I forgot he cannot plan, he cannot think, he cannot manage . . .just like JoTeo and Gan KY.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

there are many people no jobs, please give them a chance to work.

(01-11-2021, 03:06 PM)singlon Wrote:  Not becos of booster shots ar?
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

(01-11-2021, 06:54 PM)babygirl Wrote:  Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

Hello bb Girl! hru doing?

(01-11-2021, 04:36 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  I thought they were paid extra 2 months of bonus to retain them while PaP does nothing except plan?

Should be 6 months bonus if consistent 3  months above 3000.

Many innocent lives r now very dependent on the healthcare system... n to think its easy to say their have plans in place when cases go up to 5k

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(01-11-2021, 07:00 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Many innocent lives r now very dependent on the healthcare system... n to think its easy to say their have plans in place when cases go up to 5k

When we have 5,000 infected, it is much stress to doctors and nurses....

I have a neighour who is 68 years old, contacted Covid-19, went to hospital, but  because there is shortage of beds, was asked to stay home to recover, after 3 days he uplorry, this is  a true story. crying crying

It proves Sg is not prepare for endemic scenario.
Vaccine alone is not sufficient.

To find ways to make them safer is most important.
They experience physical and mental stress that is incredible high.

(01-11-2021, 08:10 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  It proves Sg is not prepare for endemic scenario.
Vaccine alone is not sufficient.

To find ways to make them safer is most important. 
They experience physical and mental stress that is incredible high.

I agree there is lots of physical and mental stresses and some may work until near breaking point.... crying

they are saying

not enough manpower

plse keep sick at home

yet make us pay to feed them for free

Easy to get replacements with foreigners in health care sector.

how much insurance we pay a year

they should think on employing more

(01-11-2021, 06:49 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  there are many people no jobs, please give them a chance to work.

There are  many retrenched and unemployed people here, some in the early forty and late thirty, it is good that our garment make it a point to allow these group of workers switch jobs mid stream, and go into nursing, where we have lots of vacancies... crying

(01-11-2021, 07:25 PM)debono Wrote:  When we have 5,000 infected, it is much stress to doctors and nurses....

I have a neighour who is 68 years old, contacted Covid-19, went to hospital, but  because there is shortage of beds, was asked to stay home to recover, after 3 days he uplorry, this is  a true story. crying crying

Sad... was he fully jabbed? Any underlying health conditions?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(01-11-2021, 08:43 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Sad... was he fully jabbed? Any underlying health conditions?

Yes he is fully jabbed, but don't know whether he has any underlying medical condition..... Clapping

Is this a black swam event that pop up out of nowhere??

No.. We have 2 years to prepare for this risk.

So what has task force been doing??

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

They are heading in the wrong direction.
Pity those healthcare workers.

What to do? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-11-2021, 04:41 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Why is he telling us his problems?
Never plan for new staff wan meh?
Or cant forsee this would happened?

Liddat pay me $m lah.

He shd step down since he cant handle his problem...
Tio Boh...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-11-2021, 10:35 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Is this a black swam event that pop up out of nowhere??

No.. We have 2 years to prepare for this risk.

So what has task force been doing??

The task force is doing hentak kaki....... Angry

(01-11-2021, 10:46 PM)debono Wrote:  The task force is doing hentak kaki....... Angry

Can talk doesnt mean can work. Tio Boh...