No more buffet at AGMs... heard it was LBY who first started it

Went to Keppel Corp And Keppel REIT AGM
There was no food, not even drinks 
Some shareholders told me, it’s the same everywhere 
And some one said that it was Lee Boon Yang who first started it at Keppel Corp and SPH
He saw people rushing and fighting for food at an AGM in Keppel Corp a few years ago when he was Chairman
So he suggested to his staff to get rid of food and buffet
Now all the other companies follow his lead

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

all along like this " save budget "

BUT come Got Ministers come events LOL got Buffet
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Any buffets or freebies extended come from shareholders ' money. 

They are saving so can pay themselves higher remunerations and benefits. 

If no freebies means lesser people attending, and less bombardments and questions for directors. 
Make their lives easier. 

Chao....busok.

(21-04-2023, 06:50 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Went to Keppel Corp And Keppel REIT AGM
And some one said that it was Lee Boon Yang who first started it at Keppel Corp and SPH
He saw people rushing and fighting for food at an AGM in Keppel Corp a few years ago when he was Chairman
In the past, I had attended the AGM of SPH, and the people there rushed for the food, it was such an ugly scene............. Big Grin

(21-04-2023, 06:50 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Went to Keppel Corp And Keppel REIT AGM

Meanwhile grassroots are still using public funds to eat buffet regularly.

(21-04-2023, 07:46 PM)debono Wrote:  In the past, I had attended the AGM of SPH, and the people there rushed for the food, it was such an ugly scene............. Big Grin

Not true....SPH last gave a bento set each, how to rush?
Orderly queue in fact.

(21-04-2023, 07:38 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Any buffets or freebies extended come from shareholders ' money. 

They are saving so can pay themselves higher remunerations and benefits. 

If no freebies means lesser people attending, and less bombardments and questions for directors. 
Make their lives easier. 

Chao....busok.

The buffet very cheap only. No buffet so that shareholders will be more focused on the issues at AGM instead of the food  Laughing

(21-04-2023, 07:56 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Not true....SPH last gave a bento set each, how to rush?
Orderly queue in fact.

Must be after the ugly incident I had experienced.  They must have learned their lesson...................... Big Grin

sell the company that is so stingy even to provide basic courtesy.
or tell the company that will vote no for every resolutions since basic also no known how to do then what about the bigger things. like drawing lesser salary.
person who started it is trying to solve a problem but really wrong direction.
also shows his abilities to providing real solutions.

(21-04-2023, 07:56 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Not true....SPH last gave a bento set each, how to rush?
Orderly queue in fact.

No, the last two years before lockdown, no food, no bento
Only free newspaper the year before
After that not even drink. Not even newspaper
To think of it, they could have given us newspaper from the 95,000 overprint newspapers which they sold to Gurung guni

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

I attended the Paragon Reit AGM
Formerly SPH REIT
No nothing
Not even ice kosong