Noticed some hawkers one by one gone

due to HIGH RENTAL

think no enough business. with prices raise 30% it should be more then enough to cover rental raise.
problem is some skill no good. good one gone already. so the food taste different from old timer.

Most of the old time hawkers have left the industry over the last two decades. That's why hawker food has gone way downhill with factory sourced ingredients and lousy cooks. I much rather head over to Thailand and Malaysia to get proper street food fixes.

My cai png stall raise pricing two times in 6 mths, what do you think?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

More likely due to selling shit food lah. If its rentals then why others still around.
Jurong got 1 famous wanton noodle from famous HK chef....I went to try and it really tasted like shit! Less than 1 year gone liao.
I even posted the stall and food here which I said its farkup noodles.

(08-03-2023, 08:38 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  My cai png stall raise pricing two times in 6 mths, what do you think?
Ya; anyhow increase the price just a small piece of luncheon meet cost $1.20, Fatty pork meat with gravy cost $2.50 ,also egg cost $1.00.....rice 70c .

Difficult to hire/retain workers aso a problem

Old liao most of them dying or sick

(08-03-2023, 08:51 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Ya; anyhow increase the price just a small piece of luncheon meet cost $1.20, Fatty pork meat with gravy cost $2.50 ,also egg cost $1.00.....rice 70c .

Ya....one day sinkies have to eat just rice with gravy like what ah neh does.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(08-03-2023, 08:47 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  More likely due to selling shit food lah. If its rentals then why others still around.
Jurong got 1 famous wanton noodle from famous HK chef....I went to try and it really tasted like shit! Less than 1 year gone liao.
Yes. 真金不怕红炉火。

even my fishmonger also kpkb about the cost and was telling me he also wanted to give up iao.

(08-03-2023, 09:24 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Old liao most of them dying or sick

Those old hawkers wants to pass on their trade to their children, but their children prefer to work as white collar workers, in an air-conditioned office,hence the food vendor have to close shop.................. crying

(08-03-2023, 09:50 AM)debono Wrote:  Those old hawkers wants to pass on their trade to their children, but their children prefer to work as white collar workers, in an air-conditioned office,hence the food vendor have to close shop.................. crying

lucky one will sell they receipt for millions $$$.

I still rmb last time each stall got enough workers to be able to bring your food to you and clear it for you. Now everything self service and food become lousier

(08-03-2023, 09:54 AM)XiXiPee Wrote:  I still rmb last time each stall got enough workers to be able to bring your food to you and clear it for you. Now everything self service and food become lousier

Yes those were days I remember fondly..........where the hawker assistant bring the cooked food to you, and clear the table after you have eaten.  Now all things are self-service, and it had become more expensive these days............... Big Grin

(08-03-2023, 10:00 AM)debono Wrote:  Yes those were days I remember fondly..........where the hawker assistant bring the cooked food to you, and clear the table after you have eaten.  Now all things are self-service, and it had become more expensive these days............... Big Grin

Yalo, those memorable days...........where the hawker assistant bring the cooked food to you, and clear the table after you have eaten.  Now all things are self-service, and it had become more expensive these days............... Big Grin

(07-03-2023, 10:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  due to HIGH RENTAL

Wrong. It's due to old age and nobofy to take over.

High rental is never a problem for those who cook well, have good business and can pass the cost to the consumers.  Those who cannot cook well, there is no loss to the country if they close down. Rolleyes

(08-03-2023, 08:47 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  More likely due to selling shit food lah. If its rentals then why others still around.

One of my Army friend Just open a stall selling Hokkien mee. I never ask him how much the rental.

(08-03-2023, 10:03 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Wrong.  It's due to old age and nobofy to take over.

High rental is never a problem for those who cook well, have good business and can pass the cost to the consumers.  Those who cannot cook well, there is no loss to the country if they close down. Rolleyes

Quite true too, only those that can cook tastier food will thrive........................ Big Grin

something more serious is happening
the plandemic takes its toll.
Below the surface they can try but futile.
They got spike-proteins. This alone pull out lots of oxygen
apart from the mask.
They are idiots unlike singlion:
coronavirus causing covid-19 does not exist.
chonTU-ed tio-Toxed
even singlion takes half a teaspoon of baking soda to reduce the acidity of the fluids surrounding the cells.

Is there a possibility to introduce AI and robots into hawker centres and food courts?

1. You get a seat.

2. Open an App. Key in your seat number, choose your food, quantity, more chilli, less sweet, more vinegar, whatever you want to customise.

3. A robot will fry your char kway teow instead of an ah tiong (they are now see cooking our hawker food already).

4. Another robot will bring your food to you.

5. After you've finished eating, you click the button "jin ho jiak", and another robot will come and collect the dishes and wipe the table.

Indians sell chicken rice
PRC sells Laksa and roti prata

sotong aka Klaus shwab thet WEF
now goes exponential on AI and the rest not to serve u
but to finish u off flat.

[Image: Screenshot-20230308-101259-Chrome.jpg]

2022 winter Olympics

(08-03-2023, 10:06 AM)debono Wrote:  Quite true too, only those that can cook tastier food will thrive........................ Big Grin

There are many peepur who think that selling food is very lucrative because they saw those popular ones having long queues.

They opened one stall, and tried their luck.  And failed.  A lot opened and closed.

That bbfa (Forevergay) is lamenting the closures of these stalls which cmi. Rolleyes

everything is under CONTROL for ex. singlion wants to scream how he does it from his mouth
but the youtube no way to save address.
situation acute only China can do it.
cut off their roots.
meaning forgive the Debts dat money in Dola Yen euro Pound all the key currencies leaving them to starve to death.

see singlion is getting hot and real.
no on one hand on the other.
when someone comes with a parang
wat must u do?

Property has gone reit's way so landlords just increase rental to please shareholders.

better u stop toking and see with your eyes.
spend more time while eating observe the stalls the people b real like singlion
who is beri kind even allow coughing virus into my face.

(08-03-2023, 10:09 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Indians sell chicken rice
PRC sells Laksa and roti prata

A lot of jhks who can cook left their motherland to work in Spore because they earn 1 x 3 here.

This is why you can see many Malays cooking Chinese food in Malaysia.

Here, although most of our restaurant cooks are from Msia, and practically all our cai png cooks are from there.....plus many more cooking other hawker foods (烧腊 is one obvious example). we still don't have enough.  So now there are tiongs cooking our bak chor mee, char kway teow.  Once I eve saw a pinay blanching bak chor mee.  She wouldn't understand you if you want to have more bak you pok.  Speak English (or Tagalog if you can)

There are also many tiongs cooking other fake international food. I have seen them cooking fake Japanese and Korean food in food courts.