Now a days eat Satay really....

so expensive....

back in good old days is affordable to buy 100 sticks somemore eat till feel song.
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(19-03-2023, 07:22 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  so expensive....

back in good old days is affordable to buy 100 sticks somemore eat till feel song.

Agree so now if I want to eat go Msia eat as after currency convert even if they increase price it is still worthwhile but I am not a hardcore satay lover anyway. No satay I won't die. Same as durian no durian I won't die. If have eat don't have also ok.

(19-03-2023, 07:25 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree so now if I want to eat go Msia eat as after currency convert even if they increase price it is still worthwhile but I am not a hardcore satay lover anyway. No satay I won't die. Same as durian no durian I won't die. If have eat don't have also ok.

me too, just like well satay and durian also consider my fav but I not say must eat.

just that Satay a common hawker foods now a days is like becoming a dish which you cannot afford to eat everyday like that.
Only once in blue moon IF you are in SG.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(19-03-2023, 07:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  me too, just like well satay and durian also consider my fav but I not say must eat.

just that Satay a common hawker foods now a days is like becoming a dish which you cannot afford to eat everyday like that.
Only once in blue moon IF you are in SG.

So given a choice would you like Spore to go back to the 80's-90s where not so many FT and more locals but the Sing dollar not so big. But you see happier faces on the streets. This is something monies cannot buy.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(19-03-2023, 07:31 PM)sgh Wrote:  So given a choice would you like Spore to go back to the 80's-90s where not so many FT and more locals but the Sing dollar not so big. But you see happier faces on the streets. This is something monies cannot buy.

(19-03-2023, 07:31 PM)sgh Wrote:  So given a choice would you like Spore to go back to the 80's-90s where not so many FT and more locals but the Sing dollar not so big. But you see happier faces on the streets. This is something monies cannot buy.

Now is ppl make ministers , pm , mp , private ceo more rich

Whereas we got owned

Last time is we work together
But is the mentally is who care about u

But SFA said" Bak Kua " don't eat so much no good for the body ....(HK Food Authority) also said might cause cancer ?

(19-03-2023, 07:53 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  But SFA said" Bak Kua " don't eat so much no good for the body ....(HK Food Authority) also said might cause cancer ?

Satay nowadays got so much sugar added into it, and when barbequed over charcoal is not good for your health

Laughing

Another cheap food I like to eat is cai tao kway aka carrot cake. The ingredient is simple and cost cheap so can buy and eat. I like the black color version. Now 2023 my gosh a serving can cost $4 !!!! So now I seldom eat. Don't eat I won't die anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

70cts per stick..

[Image: dK7o1Xh.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/fai...g-11237855

Another cheap food is roti prata. Basically flour but charge at $1.20 per prata, with a small bowl of curry.

Ingredient is so cheap buy sell at a high price. Dont eat also wont die one.

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(19-03-2023, 08:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  70cts per stick..

Early 80s and 90s
There is an increase but not say so much

Now is increase fast and furious Just within one year or so

I just ate satay yesterday. Very nice becos the gravy got pineapple inside. But need to wait 1 hr for it and min 10 sticks. Bbq wings min 3 pcs. I know its overpriced now.

(19-03-2023, 08:03 PM)theold Wrote:  https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/fai...g-11237855

This one I try before while it is satay meat it lack the charcoal taste that I am familiar with when I was young my father bring me eat. Nowadays think use electric? Msia version still using charcoal for that stalls I go eat.

(19-03-2023, 08:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  70cts per stick..

Lau pasat price much higher lah.

M'sia's mobile stall: 0.80 RM per stick. S'pore: Most of the stalls are selling at 0.80 SGD per stick.

(19-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I just ate satay yesterday. Very nice becos the gravy got pineapple inside. But need to wait 1 hr for it and min 10 sticks. Bbq wings min 3 pcs. I know its overpriced now.

Smile got pineapple in the sauce usually is Hainanese satay

(19-03-2023, 08:04 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Early 80s and 90s
There is an increase but not say so much

Now is increase fast and furious Just within one year or so

Dunno how to do business? Chicken beef mutton all charge same 70 cents? Then I of cuz order beef mutton and skip chicken if I want to eat haha

(19-03-2023, 08:08 PM)sgh Wrote:  Dunno how to do business? Chicken beef mutton all charge same 70 cents? Then I of cuz order beef mutton and skip chicken if I want to eat haha

Lol u quote wrong that is SG butt post

(19-03-2023, 08:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile got pineapple in the sauce usually is Hainanese satay

Ya, I love hainan food especially this sweet sour pork chop from Hans.

[Image: Screenshot-20230319-201751-Gallery.jpg]

(19-03-2023, 08:08 PM)sgh Wrote:  Dunno how to do business? Chicken beef mutton all charge same 70 cents? Then I of cuz order beef mutton and skip chicken if I want to eat haha

Chicken more tender lah. Laughing

(19-03-2023, 08:19 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Ya, I love hainan food especially this sweet sour pork chop from Hans.

[Image: Screenshot-20230319-201751-Gallery.jpg]

Wow the other I was at Change Alley ....long time never go there went down to settle something at the broker.

Then I remember love this dish served by eatery called Han's ....hai-lam pork chop with unique sweet sour sauce. Went down...very disappointed no more Han's replaced Kabab shop.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

If Malaysia sell at 80c which mean 25c Sgd so can eat many sticks there....but like Bak Kwa don't eat so much...

(19-03-2023, 08:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wow the other I was at Change Alley ....long time never go there went down to settle something at the broker.

Then I remember love this dish served by eatery called Han's ....hai-lam pork chop with unique sweet sour sauce. Went down...very disappointed no more Han's replaced Kabab shop.

I've been eating their pork chop for over 30 yrs. Most of their outlets I've tried. Above pic taken at Joo Koon mall. There's also others I've frequent like Golden Landmark hotel, another opposite Odeon towers and also ABC brickworks by an old couple.

Got 1 very popular satay stall at New Bridge Hawker ctr.  Per stick only 0.70 cts. stall name is Ah Pang satay.  It only opens at
5.30pm.

Can still get $0.7 per stick for one of the best satay in Chong Pang hawker centre.

[Image: B1-AE7160-8-F0-C-4417-9-BB2-DFB9-CEBA27-AE.jpg]

Got 1 stall usually cheats if ordered too many and never count the sticks of satays

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(19-03-2023, 08:55 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Can still get $0.7 per stick for one of the best satay in Chong Pang hawker centre.

[Image: B1-AE7160-8-F0-C-4417-9-BB2-DFB9-CEBA27-AE.jpg]
70 cts. per stick is still too expensive, cos if order 50 stick will cost you $35........best to eat this in Malaysia, where the price is still reasonable.......... Big Grin

(19-03-2023, 09:04 PM)debono Wrote:  70 cts. per stick is still too expensive, cos if order 50 stick will cost you $35........best to eat this in Malaysia, where the price is still reasonable.......... Big Grin

Still expensive even eat at Malaysia is about time going in also troublesome

[Image: kgeocqt.gif]

[Image: giphy-4-1.gif]