OG: Can dump cpf into fixed deposit accounts.

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/growing-yo...me-options

Anyone wanna try?

PAP said high interest is bad for u lah.

(08-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  PAP said high interest is bad for u lah.

For them lah. Rotfl
不可以再躺着收钱了。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

they should pay higher rate

That will rile the makers ...

Quote:synthian wish granted Liao

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

This will force them to increase the rate if every eligible member started to withdraw their CPF.

(08-11-2022, 12:10 PM)sogo Wrote:  https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/growing-yo...me-options

Anyone wanna try?

so worth to put in Treasury Bills ?

the interest close to Special Account ?..............if close, even without compounding still okay leh...........

T-bills got to pay any fees on a regular basis ?.............the T-bills mature every 12 months then apply again - still better than keep in Ordinary Account leh........

(09-11-2022, 08:07 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so worth to put in Treasury Bills ?

the interest close to Special Account ?..............if close, even without compounding still okay leh...........

T-bills got to pay any fees on a regular basis ?.............the T-bills mature every 12 months then apply again - still better than keep in Ordinary Account leh........

Special account no need to touch. OA can pump into treasury

Yah lor.
Instead of whining about low OA rates , use it for Tbills or FD.
That would be better than increasing OA interest which would hantum those on HDB loans.
No need to have a win-lose situation

(09-11-2022, 08:19 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  Yah lor.
Instead of whining about low OA rates , use it for Tbills or FD.
That would be better than increasing OA interest which would hantum those on HDB loans.
No need to have a win-lose situation

Pap ownself automatic mah

(09-11-2022, 08:07 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so worth to put in Treasury Bills ?

My friend already using her CPF $$$ for this round

cpf interest rates look like a joke now...

In the past you can transfer. The bank will arrange it with the CPF. Now dunno if the same cos for decades bank's interest is so pathetic.

This 4G has deprived us of our right to make more interest elsewhere and thus, they also have relinquish their right to increase the minimum sum. If they move the goalpost 5 years later, the whole PaP must resign to be responsible.

(09-11-2022, 09:01 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  My friend already using her CPF $$$ for this round

so can use all the OA funds except for 1st 20K into Treasury Bills ?

the T-bills interest close to Special Account - got 4% or not ?..............

T-bills got to pay any fees on a regular basis ?.............the T-bills mature every 12 months then apply again ?

## so how exactly to apply for T-bills ?...............need to open any additional account or anything ?

Why not 
Fd higher interest than cpf

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(10-11-2022, 07:31 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so can use all the OA funds except for 1st 20K into Treasury Bills ?

T-bills got to pay any fees on a regular basis ?.............the T-bills mature every 12 months then apply again ?

## so how exactly to apply for T-bills ?...............need to open any additional account or anything ?
t ills using cpf to buy hv to pay service n  maintenance fees qrtly .ask the bank

(10-11-2022, 07:31 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so can use all the OA funds except for 1st 20K into Treasury Bills ?

Sorry , I can't answer that.  Cos I use cash

(08-11-2022, 04:26 PM)revealer Wrote:  This will force them to increase the rate if every eligible member started to withdraw their CPF.

These newbies will bring the Tbills interest down. 
This round is already lower than the previous.
[+] 1 user Likes Ahnya's post

(10-11-2022, 09:17 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  These newbies will bring the Tbills interest down. 
This round is already lower than the previous.

so interest for T-bills are decided by people applying for it huh ?

(09-11-2022, 09:01 PM)Ahnya Wrote:  My friend already using her CPF $$$ for this round

I wanted to... Then I thought why not collect the year end CPF interest first then come Jan I dump OA into the tbill

(10-11-2022, 09:37 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so interest for T-bills are decided by people applying for it huh ?

Yes of course.
By the competitive bidders .